My new "Made in Heaven" mods

2 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

It's nice to see basiliks having some tricks against low level farming.

That was mostly the idea, along with wanting some more challenging battles.

36 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

Did you also allow to speak to the hamadryad in wyverns part cloakwood ? It was nice not to have to kill her with my druid.

Yes, that one is mine.  I never liked having to kill her, especially compared to the Dryad of the Cloud Peaks encounter.

Edited by Angel
3 minutes ago, Angel said:

That was mostly the idea, along with wanting some more challenging battles.

Yes, that one is mine.  I never liked having to kill her, especially compared to the Dryad of the Cloud Peaks encounter.

Great idea.

and yes battles are very challenging, it's a no reload run with a druid elementalist from Artisan's kitpack, and adrenaline runs fast. ^^

Just went through Durlag's Tower, and damn if that wasn't an exercise in patience; the new elemental rooms in particular struck me as fresh changes if not particularly challenging, but *screams in spiders and GHOULS, SO MANY GHOULS*.

One thing I noticed is the Demon Knight didn't drop his Helm of Opposite Alignment. I tracked this change to EQ swapping it for a normal helmet. Is there any particular reason for it? Not that I care much for that helmet, but seems like such an odd change.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:22 PM, Guest guy said:

Where can i find the README for what this mod specifically does, the items it specifically adds etc.?

Just download the ones you are interested in (there are several mods, not just one), then extract it. You will find the readme in the docs subfolder.

I encountered a small glitch with IP : when I bought the shadow armor from Lily, the price was doubled and after doing the transaction, I indeed had two shadow armors in my inventory.

Edited by Trouveur80
20 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

I encountered a small glitch with IP : when I bought the shadow armor from Lily, the price was doubled and after doing the transaction, I indeed had two shadow armors in my inventory.

Confirmed, it's a rather stupid logical error on my part (the other item is supposed to be the Dagger of Venom).  Will be fixed when I get to converting mih_ip to the new SFO version.

Something else I stumbled upon with Fixes, the main component in particular:

-The text for Stinking Cloud becomes simply "dummy".
-The potions of elemental resistance flat out don't work.
-Potion of Explosions and Oil of Fiery Burning are launching several fireballs, instead of one. At best about four, at worst one fireball *at* each creature in the target area.

6 hours ago, Connelly said:

Something else I stumbled upon with Fixes, the main component in particular:

-The text for Stinking Cloud becomes simply "dummy".
-The potions of elemental resistance flat out don't work.
-Potion of Explosions and Oil of Fiery Burning are launching several fireballs, instead of one. At best about four, at worst one fireball *at* each creature in the target area.

I just ran into that last one myself.  Unfortunately that's a library bug and not so easily fixed, it'll have to wait until I get around to rewriting F&R in SFO2E.  (Hot fixing it in DLTCEP/NI: Edit potn13/potn26 item, change projectile to 1, opcode of the effect to 148 and target of the effect to 1.)

I'll see what I can do about the others.

7 hours ago, Angel said:

I just ran into that last one myself.  Unfortunately that's a library bug and not so easily fixed, it'll have to wait until I get around to rewriting F&R in SFO2E.  (Hot fixing it in DLTCEP/NI: Edit potn13/potn26 item, change projectile to 1, opcode of the effect to 148 and target of the effect to 1.)

I'll see what I can do about the others.

Much appreciated. A grenade being far too enthusiastic even for a fire resistant tank is quite the scare!

20 hours ago, Connelly said:

Much appreciated. A grenade being far too enthusiastic even for a fire resistant tank is quite the scare!

Indeed, although it did give me an idea on how to properly implement a P&P-friendly version of Meteor Swarm. ^^

I'm currently rewriting MiH F&R from the ground up in the new SFO version.  I *should* have something in a few days, but no guarantees there. NB: The new version will require EE Fixpack.

I'm struggling to kill flesh golems. 

Readme says they can be killed with fire or acid, but they still have their 100% magic resistance, so spells, potion of fire breath, fire arrows and even flame sword don't work. 

I can't go seek the Burning Earth now, so I wonder how I'm supposed to kill them. 

1 hour ago, Trouveur80 said:

I'm struggling to kill flesh golems. 

Readme says they can be killed with fire or acid, but they still have their 100% magic resistance, so spells, potion of fire breath, fire arrows and even flame sword don't work. 

I can't go seek the Burning Earth now, so I wonder how I'm supposed to kill them. 

Yes, I may have overdone them a notch, they won't be in the next version.

Anyway, fire- or acid arrows, Flame Blade, Melf's Minute Meteors or the Alchemist Fire- and Acid Flasks from my item pack should all work, at least they do in my game.  MR only protects against spells, not against hits from enchanted weapons.

However, there is a bug with the golem in SoD, that one is unkillable due to a scripting issue.

19 minutes ago, Angel said:

Yes, I may have overdone them a notch, they won't be in the next version.

Anyway, fire- or acid arrows, Flame Blade, Melf's Minute Meteors or the Alchemist Fire- and Acid Flasks from my item pack should all work, at least they do in my game.  MR only protects against spells, not against hits from enchanted weapons.

However, there is a bug with the golem in SoD, that one is unkillable due to a scripting issue.

I tried flame blade with Jaheira and fire arrows from my archer, they were affected by the magic resistance and didn't do damage. It's the golems in the pirate cave.

I didn't install your IP,  just the tweaks and easter eggs nerfs.

I will try with the dagger with acid damage from Lava's SotSC, I just need to do Ulcaster. ^^

How do you intend to change them in the next version ?

Edited by Trouveur80