My new "Made in Heaven" mods

Ulcaster dungeon / Wolf of Ulcaster battle: spawns completely unkillable Dread Wolves. CTRL+Y doesn't work; not even Imprisonment(!!!) (cheated from scrolls, to get rid of the annoying wolves) works.

Have to say, I don't like the regenerating Dread Wolves at all, they aren't challenging, just annoying, and take to long to get rid of. But that's still better than completely undefeatable... At least they cannot see through invisibility.

Is there a "remove creature cheat" in the game that I'm ignorant of? CTRL+Y now just seems stupid...

EDIT: The issue has been adressed here.

Edited by Lurker

The "normal" Dread Wolves are fine (well, they're still annoying... 🙂 - so far, fighting them with fire or acid doesn't matter, they always go down, regenerate, and have to be killed once more), but that one encounter spawns some that aren't; it also spawns some ghouls. I think that's from MiH-EQ.

I've also "Rebalanced troll regeneration" from SCS installed, if that matters. But as I said, the spawned Dread Wolves are also immune to Imprisonment. I don't see how regeneration should protect from that...

(attached WeiDU.log removed due to space constraints)

EDIT: The spawned Dread Wolves also cannot be lured away; they always return to the room with the pile of junk, where the "Wolf of Ulcaster" was. There's also a new exit to an area that leads to a quest called "Eight-Legged Misery", which I think is from Lava's SotSC.

EDIT: The issue has been adressed here.

Edited by Lurker
removed WeiDU.log to save space

I reported the same bug with immortal dread wolves on the github page. Nothing immortal during BGEE; however, in Sendai's enclave in ToB they were immortal and proceeded to follow me across the entire dungeon. I'm guessing the script to remove minhp1 is either not getting assigned nor not triggering.

It is a report of immortal enemies that now multiple users have seen with a solution of removing the item that makes them immortal. Digging into the files and scripts, the culprit is dw#vmwo3.cre and dw#vmwo4.cre which I believe @DavidW implements with SCS. Both the vampires in Saradush prison summon these (also immortal there) as well as the vampire companion to Diaytha summons these in Sendai's lair. Between this mod and SCS, I am going to forego this component if changes do not occur.

Edited by morpheus562
48 minutes ago, Angel said:

If you know a better way to implement regeneration, please do share. 

I honestly hate the 1hp item as well. I would do something like fast regen + damage resistance, and have hits from fire or acid attacks temporarily disrupt one or both (via op326, not script). 

Also I would make sure there is a non-magical way to inflict fire or acid damage, which there is in PnP & IWD but not really in BG

However, that is not a knock on this mod. BG2 adopted this weird scripted-resuscitation convention, you are just following the convention. 

What’s needed here is to figure out why some other mod is having this interaction. Which may not be clear. I had a similar problem, unkillable trolls in IWD, when using Spell Revisions “Dispel Magic Fix.” Why those interact, I don’t know. 

If you are using vanilla game’s troll scripts and some other mod is hijacking them, perhaps you could inure your dread wolves by switching them to a custom version of the script. I dunno, just brainstorming.