My new "Made in Heaven" mods

22 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Actually, per PnP rules, two-handed spears like the ones in BG should do 2d6 damage against large creatures. (I strangely don't have the PHB handy but I'm looking at DMGR3 "Arms and Equipment Guide" which I think has the same data.)

I checked, the weapon list in the PHB and DMG are different.  (Or maybe I have different prints, I do not know if 2e was ever revised.)  The DMG mentioned two-handed spears, the PHB does not.

But if I go by that, then the base damage of spears is also wrong.  For two-handed spears it should be 1d6+1, not 1d6.  Something to toss in my Fixes & Restorations, I guess. ^^

4 minutes ago, Angel said:

But if I go by that, then the base damage of spears is also wrong.  For two-handed spears it should be 1d6+1, not 1d6.  Something to toss in my Fixes & Restorations, I guess. ^^

Actually 1d8+1 according to my sources. And yes, the base damage of spears is wrong. 1d6 damage is supposed to be for one-handed spears like Greek or Roman Infantry would have used with shields, or for a javelin. A two-handed spear was more like a proper polearm. These games use animations and restrictions of two-handed spears, but use the damage values for one-handed spears. Bioware got this wrong.

Scales of Balance has already had this base damage fix for a long time. I'm sorely tempted to implement large-creature damage along with it, but I prefer not to make mods that are duplicative with other peoples' mods. (I know some people feel differently.) But then again, this is not an independent component of MiH, is it? There's no way to get the large-creature damage adjustments by themselves here? So maybe it's worth reproducing this in a more modular form...

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Actually, per PnP rules, two-handed spears like the ones in BG should do 2d6 damage against large creatures. (I strangely don't have the PHB handy but I'm looking at DMGR3 "Arms and Equipment Guide" which I think has the same data.)

How funny then that that's what I ended up giving them, without knowing the PnP rules. I went with spears 2d6, katanas 2d6, and scimitars 1d10. Feels right to me. (My base scimitars do 1d6 but have a 19/20 critical range, per an optional IRR tweak based on 3e).

56 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

But then again, this is not an independent component of MiH, is it? There's no way to get the large-creature damage adjustments by themselves here? So maybe it's worth reproducing this in a more modular form...

It is its own component, part of MiH Tweaks.

14 minutes ago, Quester said:

How funny then that that's what I ended up giving them, without knowing the PnP rules. I went with spears 2d6, katanas 2d6, and scimitars 1d10. Feels right to me. (My base scimitars do 1d6 but have a 19/20 critical range, per an optional IRR tweak based on 3e).

I found a ruling on katanas, it says it should be 1d12.  I'll put that and the two-handed spear correction in the next version.

It's trickier with scimitars, wakizashi and ninja-to because they all share the same proficiency in BG rules so I can't easily distinguish them.  Scimitars and wakizashi all have 1d8 against both normal and large, but ninja-to are 1d8 versus normal and 1d6 versus large (exactly the opposite of a short sword).  But given that the number of ninja-to is very small, I can do those as single item exceptions.

Seems bastard swords also have an issue similar to spears in BG.  The base damage they use in BG is 2d4/2d8, but that's for two-handed wielding, one-handed they are the same as long swords 1d8/1d12.  But I think Tweak Anthology already addresses that one with its two-handed bastard swords component.

IMO, it especially sucks for the MIH mods because they come relatively early into the install, and it's a hassle to work around, particularly if you've had to rebuild several times. SCS at least has the decency to come very close to the end of the install where, if nothing has gone wrong up to that point, you're likely in the clear.

30 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

The SFO seems to make mods so... slow... to... install...

The first COPY operation in MiH_EQ takes a solid 10 minutes to work, on 11,000 files. Then it's loaded everything and the rest of the mod moves at a moderate pace. But boy do you need patience for the beginning...

26 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

IMO, it especially sucks for the MIH mods because they come relatively early into the install, and it's a hassle to work around, particularly if you've had to rebuild several times. SCS at least has the decency to come very close to the end of the install where, if nothing has gone wrong up to that point, you're likely in the clear.

I'm working on it, future versions should install faster.  If you are feeling brave you can try to install from my masters, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than a test run.

I quite like the mod you created and reading your article I really want to download it. But I can ask a small question is after clicking on your link how to install it on the phone. Because I looked for a place to reinstall it but I can't find it anywhere. Can you show me how to install it. Because I am a person who loves to find new mods to experience and is extremely passionate about dramatic game mods. I have played most of the techloky apk mod games and found it quite good. So now I really want to download your mod on this forum to try it out. Can you show me how to help. Thank You!

Edited by Yasmine Mclendon

MiH Tweaks sees its v2 release.  This release fixes an install issue on Windows and adds a French translation by @deratiseur

It also features two new components: Dismissable Spells and Bonus HP for Monsters.

Dismissable Spells lets casters dismiss their own ongoing spells.  Currently this works for summons (each summoned monster now has a Dismiss special ability) and spells that create a magical weapon (the ability is added to the weapon).  This component is still a beta.

Bonus HP for Monsters gives certain monsters additional hit points per HD, the exact rate can be configured in the ini file.

On 12/20/2022 at 4:32 PM, Chitown Willie said:

Thanks Angel.

Just curious - Any ETA for v6 of Encounters & Quests? Thinking about doing a fresh install in the next few weeks.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Sorry, I do not issue ETAs.  That's too much like work. ^^

9 hours ago, Yasmine Mclendon said:

I quite like the mod you created and reading your article I really want to download it. But I can ask a small question is after clicking on your link how to install it on the phone. Because I looked for a place to reinstall it but I can't find it anywhere. Can you show me how to install it. Because I am a person who loves to find new mods to experience and is extremely passionate about dramatic game mods. I have played most of the techloky apk mod games and found it quite good. So now I really want to download your mod on this forum to try it out. Can you show me how to help. Thank You!

I do not know, I have never played or even seen the game on a phone.  Hopefully someone else can help you.  If anyone has a description of how this is done I'll be happy to update the readme.

13 hours ago, Angel said:

I do not know, I have never played or even seen the game on a phone.  Hopefully someone else can help you.  If anyone has a description of how this is done I'll be happy to update the readme.

I have a suspicion you're responding to a bot/scammer because of their reference to "most of the techloky apk mod games" and "your article".

Seems to be part of a wave of astroturfing to get people to install techloky (whatever it is, I'm not visiting the website) on their phones, see a similar post and timestamp here

Edited by polytope