My new "Made in Heaven" mods

Got some error messages for certain components:

Spoiler

//SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) wand06... 
//...done
//ERROR: cannot convert eet or %eet% to an integer
//Stopping installation because of error.
//ERROR Installing [BG1-style Wands of Frost & -Lightning], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall  80 files for [mih_ip\setup-mih_ip.tp2] component 1.
//Uninstalled     80 files for [mih_ip\setup-mih_ip.tp2] component 1.
//ERROR: Not_found
//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-mih_ip.debug and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/29992-my-new-made-in-heaven-mods/
//Automatically Skipping [BG1-style Wands of Frost & -Lightning] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS BG1-style Wands of Frost & -Lightning
//
//WARNING: mih_ip : 1 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2

Spoiler

//Copying 1 file ...
//SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) brac07... 
//...done
//SFO: Cloning ITM file(s) cdwolfm=>mh#wlfck and applying patch(es)...
//...done
//SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) clck04... 
//...done
//SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) clck05... 
//...done
//SFO: Applying patch(es) to STO file(s) ribald3... 
//...done
//SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) clck20... 
//...done
//SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) potn11... 
//...done
//FAILURE:
//No explicit choice of spell for externalised potn11.itm, and potn11.spl is not available
//ERROR Installing [Miscellaneous Item Improvements (see readme)], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall  84 files for [mih_ip\setup-mih_ip.tp2] component 10.
//Uninstalled     84 files for [mih_ip\setup-mih_ip.tp2] component 10.
//ERROR: Failure("No explicit choice of spell for externalised potn11.itm, and potn11.spl is not available")
//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-mih_ip.debug and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/29992-my-new-made-in-heaven-mods/
//Automatically Skipping [Miscellaneous Item Improvements (see readme)] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Miscellaneous Item Improvements (see readme)
//
//WARNING: mih_ip : 10 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2

What's going wrong here?

Hi, 

Just wanted to flag up that if different components are installed at different times or Project infinity is used to install various components this means that the always components is always included each time, I think some of these tasks only need to happen once. This does not take that long each time but if it is repeated many times this  can take quite a long time if installing lots of the components over the course of the install. 

I wonder if it is possible to place a marker in the override folder so this can be checked for so the tasks that only need to be done once are only carried out once. 

On 4/16/2022 at 7:56 PM, Angel said:

As the readme describes, this actually enables an unused engine feature that allows weapons to have a different base damage (bytes 0x0003, 0x0011 and 0x0013 in the ability header) against creatures with BIT13 set.

You can actually see it for yourself or even adjust it if you're so inclined, the data is in the tables mih_tweaks/items/tables/_alt_dam.2da (item types) and mih_tweaks/items/tables/alt_item.2da (exceptions for individual items).

Currently the alternative base damage dice against large creatures are:

• two-handed sword: 3d6
  • bastard sword: 2d8
  • sling bullet: 1d6+1
  • club: 1d3
  • dagger: 1d3
  • dart: 1d2
  • flail: 2d4
  • halberd: 2d6
  • hammer: 1d4
  • long sword: 1d12
  • mace: 1d6
  • morning star: 1d6+1
  • short sword: 1d8
  • spear: 1d8

These are directly from the 2e PHB.

Creatures with the following races are marked as large: ankheg basilisk bear carrioncrawler gnoll ogre spider wyvern demonic beholder otyugh troll umberhulk giant golem elemental dragon minotaur drider shambling_mound chimera yeti treant ettin

It might be more accurate to actually check the animation used, but that is still a to-do. 🙂

Would it be possible to make a compatibility patch for the two-handed axes added by IWDification? As I definitely feel that these should be up there with two-handed swords in effectiveness against large creatures.

And also the components from Tweaks Anthology that allows one to create two-handed versions of bastard swords, katanas and axes? Is is possible to let them do more damage when wielded two-handed?

Edited by Quester

@QuesterYour installation errors look like something else premodded those files and MiH can't handle the changes made by it. Those needs weidu.log to know what got installed prior.

Regarding the Tweaks Anthology components... shouldn't this be installed before Tweaks? Notsure what can taht do here.

Also an actual report from my run on IWDEE (two weeks belated) the Monster Summoning spell restoration maybe shouldn't be allowed to be installed because it blows the spells up on IWD. Yeah, that was my own stupidity as well.

EXCELLENT!! Awesome mod! Such a great progress you have made. Can't wait for future updates! Zombie farm and Spider plague my favorites, good stuff.

not to mention that this mod is probably not for 13 year old girls. hahahah

On 4/22/2022 at 9:45 PM, Quester said:

Are you making any progress on the next versions of your mods? Meaning, would you say a new release is nearby, or still a long way off?

Just asking so I know if it's worth waiting a week or so before starting a new game.

Sorry, I do not give ETA's.  This should remain a hobby and as such I refuse to pin myself to any deadlines.  I work on it if and when I feel like it.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:23 PM, Quester said:

Would it be possible to make a compatibility patch for the two-handed axes added by IWDification? As I definitely feel that these should be up there with two-handed swords in effectiveness against large creatures.

And also the components from Tweaks Anthology that allows one to create two-handed versions of bastard swords, katanas and axes? Is is possible to let them do more damage when wielded two-handed?

Technically, yes.  I would have to look up the exact values though, I'm not sure how one- or two-handed wielding affect the damage values exactly.  And in the case of Tweaks Anthology, that would also create an install order dependency unless @CamDawg can be arsed to take the alternative damage modification into account in Tweaks.  (The same goes for IWDification actually, but MiH Tweaks should go after IWDification anyway due to IWDification being a content (item/spell) mod and MiH Tweaks being, well, a tweak mod.)

I may look into it, but no guarantees here as I don't currently use the two-handed tweaks myself so it's not high on my agenda.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, Graion Dilach said:

Also an actual report from my run on IWDEE (two weeks belated) the Monster Summoning spell restoration maybe shouldn't be allowed to be installed because it blows the spells up on IWD. Yeah, that was my own stupidity as well.

I currently have no content for IWDEE in any of my mods and do not do any install tests there.  And the restorations are purely for BG in any case.  I should probably add conditions to avoid installing on unsupported games.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:05 PM, InKal said:

EXCELLENT!! Awesome mod! Such a great progress you have made. Can't wait for future updates! Zombie farm and Spider plague my favorites, good stuff.

Aw thanks, it's comments like this that make me want to keep going.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:05 PM, InKal said:

not to mention that this mod is probably not for 13 year old girls. hahahah

The main idea for E&Q was to restore challenge to heavily modded games that have become too easy due to prevalence of items, spells and XP.  But yeah, I wouldn't recommend my Revised Spiders and Spider Plague modifications to arachnophobes.  Sorry, Gavin. ^^

Edited by Angel
10 minutes ago, Angel said:

Technically, yes.  I would have to look up the exact values though, I'm not sure how one- or two-handed wielding affect the damage values exactly.  And in the case of Tweaks Anthology, that would also create an install order dependency unless @CamDawg can be arsed to take the alternative damage modification into account in Tweaks.  (The same goes for IWDification actually, but MiH Tweaks should go after IWDification anyway due to IWDification being a content (item/spell) mod and MiH Tweaks being, well, a tweak mod.)

All three of the Tweaks 2H components are handled by one library, so it would be easy enough to detect MiH and make the necessary adjustments. I'll take a look.

7 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

All three of the Tweaks 2H components are handled by one library, so it would be easy enough to detect MiH and make the necessary adjustments. I'll take a look.

I did a quick check, bastard swords being used two-handed should have an alt. base damage of 2d8 against large creatures.  I'm unable to find a rule for two-handed axes.

I'm installing the Item Pack on EET and I'm seeing this:

Installing missing file MELFSLE.BAM...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 10095 files ...

...and now nothing has happens for about 10 minutes. Starting to get into SCS-level time passing... I'm a bit concerned that there is some kind of infinite loop going on. Is this normal? I spent a long time getting the install to this point, I really really would not like to nuke it...

(EDIT to add, one thing I hate about sfo mods, I can't just search through this or that file to look at the weidu code and see what's going on. But that's neither here nor there.)

EDIT 2 - it's started moving again. So it really was just doing a very slow/long operation. *Phew!* Okay nothing to see here, move along...

Edited by subtledoctor