My new "Made in Heaven" mods

@Bartimaeus just for clarification, this latter report is also on classic BGT, right?

Because for the record, I cannot confirm your issues on EET and I don't think klatu's being the reason (I've done a fair amount of MIH EQ reinstalls in the last weeks and I never triggered any of these here).

Mods affecting SPIN694.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~MIH_EQ\SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ 0 1 // Revised Dragonsv5.1
00001:  ~KLATU\SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ 0 2110 // Treat all Innate Abilities as Non-Magical (Unaffected by Wild/Dead Magic and Silence)1.7
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6540 // Smarter dragons34.3

16 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

@Bartimaeus just for clarification, this latter report is also on classic BGT, right?

Because for the record, I cannot confirm your issues on EET and I don't think klatu's being the reason (I've done a fair amount of MIH EQ reinstalls in the last weeks and I never triggered any of these here).

Mods affecting SPIN694.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~MIH_EQ\SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ 0 1 // Revised Dragonsv5.1
00001:  ~KLATU\SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ 0 2110 // Treat all Innate Abilities as Non-Magical (Unaffected by Wild/Dead Magic and Silence)1.7
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6540 // Smarter dragons34.3

Correct. IIRC, Angel only tests on EE games, so support for BG2/BGT is usually "experimental".

On 11/4/2021 at 12:34 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Can't currently install the Minor Quest Tweaks (BG1) component or the Enhanced Battles: Amkethran components on a BGT game, both with the same kind of error, using the 5.1 "release" version (i.e. not the live repository version).

Mm, you may have an old version somewhere, action.ids is supposed to be patched to make this work with the latest version.  Try completely uninstalling all MiH-* mods you have and installing the latest versions of each.

22 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Sword Coast Stratagems' Smarter Dragons cannot install as a result of MIH's Revised Dragons.

setup-stratagems_GnPjm2ENLl.png

Restoring SPIN694.spl from the Revised Dragons' backup folder (which is my only mod besides SCS that modifies it) resolves the issue.

The offending file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/07ttz58zavdu7dq/SPIN694.SPL.bak

(remove .bak, I renamed it so I could restore the non-MIH one without overwriting)

spin694 is DRAGON_STONESKIN, which I patch to give every dragon the maximum possible number of skins.  This error is likely BGT-specific, I'll have to investigate.

3 hours ago, InKal said:

Flesh golems buggy, unkillable.

There is one truly unkillable flesh golem in Siege of Dragonspear (in the dwarven tunnels near the first camp) due to a scripting issue, already fixed locally and will be in the next version.

Other flesh golems are killable, but you may have to be a little creative about it.  Try using fire- or acid arrows, Flame Blade or Melf's Minute Meteors on them when they are down.  This is in line with their Ravenloft stats where you do need fire- or acid to permanently kill a flesh golem, but if people think it is too much I am willing to tone it down.

3 minutes ago, Angel said:

Mm, you may have an old version somewhere, action.ids is supposed to be patched to make this work with the latest version.  Try completely uninstalling all MiH-* mods you have and installing the latest versions of each.

Strange, that was the only MIH mod installed at that time, and it was the official release version of 5.1 (i.e. not the live repository). However, it's possible I did a reinstallation and something somewhere got screwed up, because that install ended up getting blown to smithereens due to the latest version of weidu's unfortunate likelihood of blowing up an install if you try to reinstall more than one mod at a time.

Thanks.

When Fleshy golem is down you can't finish him off with melf acid arrow ditto fiire hands...

feelsbadman.  

Spoiler

3xADHW in Firky opening chain trigger is from you or Super Firkraag mod? Probably Super Firkraag.... jeeez must wait after Underdark to kill him ...what have I done?

22 hours ago, InKal said:

When Fleshy golem is down you can't finish him off with melf acid arrow ditto fiire hands...

Golems are (with some very specific exceptions) immune to all spells cast directly at them.  That's not my doing, that's simple core rules.

Golem spell immunity is poorly implemented as 100% Magic Resistance.

Most weapons with elemental damage bypass MR, except for arrows and bolts.
Oils and potions (of burning/exploding) don't bypass MR either.

Ravenloft Flesh golems are fully susceptible to direct damage from spells (aside from their specific elemental immunities - cold/electricity), but immune to all other spell effects.
Non-Ravenloft Flesh golems are slowed by fire/cold spells (but not damaged), and healed by electricity, but immune to all other spells.
So if they are going to require Acid/Fire to destroy (something exclusive to the Ravenloft variety), then you should allow spells to damage them (if nothing else drop their magic resistance while they are downed).

@Angel Some of the "fix_creatures" functions are altering stats incorrectly.
i.e. A L8 Shaman had it's save vs. breath altered from 13(correct) to 12(wrong).  You may not have an updated version to account for Shaman class, as that value is correct for warriors (which I believe it defaults to).

Several creatures with Saving throws of 20 for all 5 stats were also altered. A full set of 20 saving throws should be left as is.  This prevents a creature from generating savingthrow feedback (by automatically failing all saving throws, regardless of any bonus).  It's sort of like 100 difficulty for traps/locks.

10 hours ago, kjeron said:

Golem spell immunity is poorly implemented as 100% Magic Resistance.

Most weapons with elemental damage bypass MR, except for arrows and bolts.
Oils and potions (of burning/exploding) don't bypass MR either.

Ravenloft Flesh golems are fully susceptible to direct damage from spells (aside from their specific elemental immunities - cold/electricity), but immune to all other spell effects.
Non-Ravenloft Flesh golems are slowed by fire/cold spells (but not damaged), and healed by electricity, but immune to all other spells.
So if they are going to require Acid/Fire to destroy (something exclusive to the Ravenloft variety), then you should allow spells to damage them (if nothing else drop their magic resistance while they are downed).

Mm, you make a fair point.  Proper reactions to certain spells are on my to-do list, but not a very high priority as for most golems this isn't an issue, spells like Move Earth and Mending aren't in the game after all.

Let's see, perhaps as an intermediate solution I could lower their MR to 50% or something, and maybe make it so that BG1 "lesser" flesh golems get up only once.

10 hours ago, kjeron said:

@Angel Some of the "fix_creatures" functions are altering stats incorrectly.
i.e. A L8 Shaman had it's save vs. breath altered from 13(correct) to 12(wrong).  You may not have an updated version to account for Shaman class, as that value is correct for warriors (which I believe it defaults to).

Several creatures with Saving throws of 20 for all 5 stats were also altered. A full set of 20 saving throws should be left as is.  This prevents a creature from generating savingthrow feedback (by automatically failing all saving throws, regardless of any bonus).  It's sort of like 100 difficulty for traps/locks.

That specific code was lifted almost 1 to 1 from SCS, so this should be an issue there as well, then.  Shamans are a bit of a tricky beast as it is.  I'll see what I can do, but don't reckon on it being changed anytime soon.

I wiped the previous install and started anew. A completely new install with everything freshly extracted, and I get to Minor Quest Tweaks (BG1) again and...it gives the same error as it did before.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/vi6nheyhknr6wm0/SETUP-MIH_EQ.DEBUG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y6zitelepq00sth/WeiDU.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pcn0ogis6tfy2ch/mih_eq-v5.1.zip

If there is a specific file I should investigate in order to determine where this incompatibility is arising, please let me know.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 11/10/2021 at 4:52 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Revised Liches has placed a spell named "Demlich Curse" into my override as SPWI422.spl, thereby allowing a spell with no description set to appear in my list of spells to select at character creation and when leveling up a sorcerer. Presumably, it is not meant to be selected.

Noted, spell has the wrong type, should be innate.  Will fix, thanks.

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Hm, that looks like DIR.IDS being missing. I heard that file works on classics as well, but a mod needs to include it.

Yes, dir.ids must be provided and action.ids needs a small edit (every instance of I:Face* must be replaced with I:Face*DIR).  The logic for this is in lib/missing_files.tpa in the mod folder.

I've tested this on both Linux and Windows with a fresh BGT installation and it works just fine.  The only scenario I can imagine is if there for some reason already is a dir.ids in the game, then the code won't be executed.  But this is not the case in a fresh BGT installation.

// Missing dir.ids on older games, creates dialog/script compile issues.

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME "dir.ids"
BEGIN
  LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION install
    STR_VAR
    file        = "dir.ids"
    location    = "resource/missing"
  END

LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION swap_text
    STR_VAR
    file        = "action.ids"
    swaps       = ~"I:Face\*" => "I:Face*DIR"~
  END
END

53 minutes ago, Angel said:

I've tested this on both Linux and Windows with a fresh BGT installation and it works just fine.  The only scenario I can imagine is if there for some reason already is a dir.ids in the game, then the code won't be executed.  But this is not the case in a fresh BGT installation.

Ah. Well, Ascension adds dir.ids as well before MIH is installed. Perhaps break off the swap text for action.ids into its own block for redundancy, :).

Edited by Bartimaeus