My new "Made in Heaven" mods

Well, hit the damn reply button a little too late. -.-

A few questions, after reading the readme:

1) Gerde and the Ankhegs: Gerde and the ankhegs she wants killed won't spawn until you have talked to Fenten in Baldur's Gate.

I don't understand the correlation between the two things above. No reference of any kind to this in the original game, and not only that, why would the player sell the ankhegs to someone paying half of taerom?

I don't enjoy this component. Would you mind splitting it?

2) Any plan to add all the scales to all the dragons in your item pack? Adalon would be one of these.

3) How can I disable the cloak of Balduran getting nerfed, if I can? That's an iconic item.

4) Add Potions of Extra Healing in BG1 - Is there an ini where can I decide which shop has how many potions?

Anyway, good mod. Thanks for it.

21 minutes ago, Guest Ragnar said:

1) Gerde and the Ankhegs: Gerde and the ankhegs she wants killed won't spawn until you have talked to Fenten in Baldur's Gate.

I don't understand the correlation between the two things above. No reference of any kind to this in the original game, and not only that, why would the player sell the ankhegs to someone paying half of taerom?

I don't enjoy this component. Would you mind splitting it?

Fenten does mention Gerde in-game.  This was mostly to make this feel more like an actual little quest instead of just a random something.  I may expand on it later, maybe.  The whole thing is about ten lines long, a very minor edit.  All the normal ankhegs still spawn so it doesn't change anything else, it's just this one single encounter.

Also in the original game, Taerom will buy an ankheg shell only once. Yes, I know that there are mods that change this, Tweaks included, but I don't normally use them. 

2) Any plan to add all the scales to all the dragons in your item pack? Adalon would be one of these.

All of them might be a bit too much, but I have plans for Irenicus' black dragon in Suldanessenar and the green dragon in Watcher's Keep, as well as making dragon scale armor a bit more powerful and useful in general.  I haven't exactly worked this out yet though.

Silver dragon scales are already available from Dorn's quest in BG2EE and since I don't enjoy playing evil parties at all and thus never get in a fight with Adalon I'll probably not go there.  The mod is still by me, for me, so I generally don't put in content I will never see for myself in-game.  I might be bribed, er tempted to do so for someone who helps me out in some way or otherwise manages to get on my good side, but this is rare. 🙂

3) How can I disable the cloak of Balduran getting nerfed, if I can? That's an iconic item.

All it really does is lower the grossly overpowered 25% magic resistance to a more reasonable 10% which is still damn powerful especially by BG1 standards where most wizards aren't high enough level to have ready access to Lower Resistance or Pierce Magic.  But if you really want, the exact amount is configurable in the .ini file.

4) Add Potions of Extra Healing in BG1 - Is there an ini where can I decide which shop has how many potions?

At the moment, no.  The exact amount is somewhat configurable in that you can set the lower and upper limits, but the shops are a fixed list and the amount per shop is randomly chosen at install time.  I might be temped to make this table-driven though.  In fact, that wouldn't be very hard to do.

Anyway, good mod. Thanks for it.

Thanks.  I make these mainly for myself but it's still good to see other people enjoy them. 🙂

22 hours ago, Endarire said:

What's the estimated time for the next releases of your mods, including black tentacles?

Sorry, I do not give ETAs.  This is a hobby, not work, and modding is already frustrating enough without adding the stress of deadlines.  It will be done when it's done.  All I can say is that I'm in the middle of some fairly big revisions now.

16 hours ago, Guest Ragnar said:

By the way, Taerom forges you only one armor, but you can keep selling the ankheg shells to him for only 500 gp. No matter how many.

Mm, pretty sure that was not how it worked originally, but maybe that changed.  Oh well.  I guess I could alter Fenten's deal to be more on par with Taerom's.  I'll think on it.

Planning to install the following components in my game:

Made in heaven encounter The Surgeon's Plight +  The Cloakwood Assassins + Minor quest tweaks
Made in heaven item pack + Add potion of extra healing

Should I go for v3, v4, or wait for an-out-of-beta release, given that you are ongoing major revision? I wrote which components I'm mostly interested into so you can suggest me to go for it or wait. 😛.

5 hours ago, Guest Ragnar said:

Planning to install the following components in my game:

Made in heaven encounter The Surgeon's Plight +  The Cloakwood Assassins + Minor quest tweaks
Made in heaven item pack + Add potion of extra healing

Should I go for v3, v4, or wait for an-out-of-beta release, given that you are ongoing major revision? I wrote which components I'm mostly interested into so you can suggest me to go for it or wait. 😛.

Those components are stable and apart from the item pack have been unchanged for some time.  They should work fine in the current releases.  Generally the only changes I make to the item pack are adding more items and revising ones that didn't work out too well.

Those components are stable...

So I can go for both versions..

and apart from the item pack have been unchanged for some time.  

It's the item pack that I'm most interested about. And the potions of healing. Thought v4 could have brought some good news, hence why I asked 😛 

6 minutes ago, Guest Ragnar said:

It's the item pack that I'm most interested about. And the potions of healing. Thought v4 could have brought some good news, hence why I asked 😛 

I'm happy there is interest in my mods, but I really can't promise when the next versions will be released.  For the Item Pack and Spell Pack I'm making major revisions to both the mod structure (mostly finished) and the items/spells themselves.  The Encounters mod is mostly ready except for some ToB content I'm working on, but large parts of it haven't been tested yet (especially the BG1 parts).  The components you want to install have been tested though, they are actually my oldest.

Okay. some more questions:

1) Where have you placed the encounter with the cloakwood assassins? I couldn't find them.
2) To trigger "the surgeon's plight", what are you supposed to do? I talked with the surgeon, went to cloakwood, retrieved the corpse, talked with the brother, but the quest ended as usual. 
Am I missing anything ?