My new "Made in Heaven" mods

I think I found a solution, issue seems to be that some internal variables have slightly changed behavior.  Testing a fix now.

@DavidW This affects SCS too as the issue is install_sfo.tpa is not finding any libraries to include.  If my fix works you're welcome to have it of course, I'll send it to you on Discord once I have tested it with SCS as well.

Two initial thoughts:

1. Noticed that you moved the Ring of Anti-Venom:

Spoiler

mh#ringe Ring of Anti-Venom            Sorcerous Sundries (shop)

Now poison becomes deadly again - interesting! Can't just rush off to Mutamin's with Enhanced Basilisks.

2. Was hoping you would include more axes in BG1 - Kagain feels left out.

Edited by Chitown Willie
8 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

Two initial thoughts:

1. Noticed that you moved the Ring of Anti-Venom:

Reveal hidden contents

mh#ringe Ring of Anti-Venom            Sorcerous Sundries (shop)

Now poison becomes deadly again - interesting! Can't just rush off to Mutamin's with Enhanced Basilisks.

Yeah, I'm still pondering the situation with the cloak, but the ring is now a late-game item.  I'm also still working on making Mutamin's Garden not a cakewalk even if you do have the right gear for the job.

8 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

2. Was hoping you would include more axes in BG1 - Kagain feels left out.

Mm, I already give two (IMHO) very decent ones, and Durlag's Axe is about as powerful an item as I will ever put in BG1.  Surely you weren't expecting the Axe of the Dwarven Lords here. 😄

There might be room for a +1 axe of throwing and returning, considering that the +2 one is all the way in chapter 6, but I'm still thinking on it.

"Mm, I already give two (IMHO) very decent ones, and Durlag's Axe is about as powerful an item as I will ever put in BG1.  Surely you weren't expecting the Axe of the Dwarven Lords here. "

My bad - How did I miss those two?

Agree w/ Endarire, though; Would be nice to have something early game on par with the free +1 Bastard Sword in the Thunderhammer Smithy.

I do not know for certain if this is your fault's mod, but using the alpha I get a crash when entering Candlekeep Catacombs level 1. To proceed the game I have to Console myself to level 2 (and while I am at it, the tomes as well) and then proceed. I can give you my weidu.log if you need it and even the save just before entering the level (the crash is reproducible -- even if I move myself to level 2 and then walk backwards). My suspicions simply arise because doing a changelog on the area file (on EET on linux, using an ext4 case-insensitive partition via case-folding) it spits out:

Mods affecting BG2615.ARE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~EET/EET.TP2~ 0 0 // EET core (resource importation)1.0 RC12
00001:  ~MIH_EQ/SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ 0 8 // Enhanced Battles: Candlekeep Catacombsv4
00002:  ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by DemivrgvsV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.201)
00003: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.4

I would assume item_rev is doing wand charge patching and/or other harmless stuff, so that leaves your mod is the likely culprit, so you might want to take a look -- I could be wrong in my suspicions of course, in which case my apologies for sending you in what could be a wild goose chase.

Edit: doing checks in NI, there is a cre undefined resource mh#wght4 -- whether this is enough to crash the game I do not know.

Edit2: just did a simple test. Saved one of the existing wight creatures of your mod as mh#wght4 in the override folder and the game does not crash anymore when entering the area.

Edited by grodrigues
More info. Found the cause.
14 minutes ago, grodrigues said:

I do not know for certain if this is your fault's mod, but using the alpha I get a crash when entering Candlekeep Catacombs level 1. To proceed the game I have to Console myself to level 2 (and while I am at it, the tomes as well) and then proceed. I can give you my weidu.log if you need it and even the save just before entering the level (the crash is reproducible -- even if I move myself to level 2 and then walk backwards). My suspicions simply arise because doing a changelog on the area file (on EET on linux, using an ext4 case-insensitive partition via case-folding) it spits out:

Thanks for the heads up.  Yeah, there is a reason I call this an alpha, the revised Candlekeep component has not been tested yet at all.  Looks like I misspelled a monster's filename, in bg1/candlekeep_catacombs/catacombs_l1.tpa, "mh#wght4" should be "mh#wight".  Fixed locally, will be in next release.

Also, any spoilers/details for :

~MIH_IP/SETUP-MIH_IP.TP2~ #0 #9 // Add Potions of Extra Healing in BG1: v5

Just trying to compare to SCS's:

[Re-introduce potions of extra-healing]

There are three potions at the temple in the Friendly Arm Inn, five each at the Song of the Morning temple at Beregost and the Lady's temple in Baldur's Gate, and eight at the High Hall of Wonders in Baldur's Gate.

Edited by Chitown Willie