My new "Made in Heaven" mods

These are the mods I made for my own personal personal use, but I am now releasing it to everyone.  It is aimed at the EE games, but should be backwards compatible with vanilla BG2 and BGT (but not Tutu and vanilla BG1, although I might add Tutu support if someone really, really wants me to).

Made in Heaven: Item Pack adds almost a hundred new items, divided more or less evenly over BG1(EE) and BG2(EE), including Siege of Dragonspear and Throne of Bhaal.  A small number of these items are imported and updated from Icewind Dale, but the majority are original creations by me, inspired by many sources including pen-and-paper D&D material, other games and popular media.

Currently version v7 is available, get it from GitHub here:
https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven_ItemPack/releases

Made in Heaven: Spell Pack adds new arcane and divine spells, most of them from official Forgotten Realms source books, a few imported from Planescape: Torment and a very few my own creation.  It also gives paladins a few additional powers.

Currently version v6 is available, get it from GitHub here:
https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven_SpellPack/releases

Made in Heaven: Encounters and Quests is a big collection of enhancements and additions focusing on monster encounters and quests.  Some monsters are given new powers, mostly from their P&P descriptions.  Quests are mostly tweaks or small extensions on existing quests, but I hope to add more original material as well.

Currently version v5 is available, get it from GitHub here:
https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven_EncountersAndQuests/releases

Made in Heaven: Tweaks is a (currently small) collection of my persona tweaks for the games.  They are my own preferences, but you can use them if you like.

Currently version v2 is available, get it from GitHub here:
https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven_Tweaks/releases

Some of you might be familiar with my old mod for BG1 that once was on PPG.  These are sort of the modern version/continuation of it, but they are complete rewritten from the ground up.

Edited by Angel
Released v2 of MiH Tweaks

Updated the beta release to 1beta2.  Siege of Dragonspear is now fully tested, a few bugs fixed, and I added code to make the new ioun stones visible.  The readme has also been updated and now has detailed descriptions of every component.

37 minutes ago, Arthas said:

Will try it next time I playthrough. But I use BGT

It should work with BGT (although obviously you won't get the SoD content), but it is untested except for an install test.  But all items were created with opcodes for vanilla BG2, I don't use any of the capabilities of the EE engine except for a few specific cases and these are only added if EE is actually detected.  So it should work, but do let me know your experiences.

I'm currently testing on BG2, so there might still be "hidden fun stuff" there. 🙂

Congratulations on the release! You should make more advertisment that the item pack also contains some very cool tweak options!

But... but...

Spoiler

Nerfed BG1 Easter Eggs
This component will replace the overpowered items in the hidden containers at the Friendly Arm Inn, Nashkel and a few wilderness areas with other items, mostly (somewhat) valuable but non-magical rings.

How could you?! The ring of wizardry at FAI is one of the free, supercool magic items I heavily rely on for my mage. :p

13 minutes ago, jastey said:

Congratulations on the release! You should make more advertisment that the item pack also contains some very cool tweak options!

How could you?! The ring of wizardry at FAI is one of the free, supercool magic items I heavily rely on for my mage. :p

Hehe, it's just a pre-release.  And that component is optional you know.  And there is something of a replacement for it at the fair in Nashkel if you install the item pack. ^^

Anyway, here are all the optional item-related tweaks:

- Improved Cloak of the Wolf: With this tweak the cloak gives a +1 bonus to AC, similar to the +2 bonus the Cloak of the Bat described in the DMG has.

- Nerfed Cloak of Balduran: Reduces the magic resistance of the cloak from 25% to 10%, and makes the cloak available in ch6 of BG2.

- Alternative Healing Potions: Changes the way healing potions work.  Choices are P&P style (randomized), IWD style and BG2 style (for IWDEE).

- P&P Potion of Invulnerability: Reduces the AC and saving throw bonuses to +2 but adds immunity to normal weapons, as per P&P rules.

- Elixirs of Health cure Blindness/Deafness: Just like that.  Very useful in combination with aTweaks' P&P Fey Creatures.

- Relative Stat Bonuses from Equipped Items: Changes items like the Gauntlets of Ogre Power to give a 3e-style bonus to a stat instead of flat-out setting it to a fixed value.

- Cap Item Charges: Reduces the maximum number of charges in wands and stuff to 12 (or any other value you can specify in the .ini file)

- Sensible Item Shops: Moves some illogically placed items in shops around.  Biggest effect is on BG1 (especially Beregost) but there is a small BG2 tweak as well.

- Add Potions of Extra Healing to BG1:Just like that.  They are found in a few major temples, and in Durlag's Tower (replacing the large stacks of normal healing potions)

- Nerfed BG1 Easter Eggs: What Jastey was complaining about.  Removes some of the overpowered items found at the Friendly Arm Inn and Nashkel.

- Give Spectacles of Spectacle more charges: For SoD.  The default value (9) lets you complete all nine available encounters instead of having to choose three.

- Relaxed Item Class Restrictions: For ToB.  Currently affects only two items, the Helm of the Rock (paladins and rangers can now wear it) and the Bard's Gloves/Wondrous Gloves (wizards can now wear it).  I might add a few more if someone can make a convincing case for it.

2 hours ago, Arthas said:

Any chance you could add a .ini option for the number of potions of extra healing?

Sure, I can do that.  I'll work on it for the next update.

2 hours ago, Arthas said:

And by the way, is there any chance you could add a vendor\or a .ini way to have extra potions of all types?

Adding a new shop isn't too hard (the item pack already adds two, Brokk and another one I haven't documented yet), but UB already adds a few potion shops (one at the Nashkel fair, the other in Baldur's Gate).  I'm not sure even more would be needed, but yes it can be done.

Mm, I'll think about it.  If I can do it in an interesting way then perhaps.  Maybe that Beaker of Plentiful Potions described in the DMG...  No guarantees though.  And it will be in a next version since it isn't a bug. 🙂

Sensible Item Shops

(...)

It will move the Dagger of Venom and the Shadow Armor from the Thunderhammer Smithy to Black Lily's in Baldur's Gate, where they are thematically a much better fit and you are more likely to be able to afford them.

Just a heads up: Jarl's Tweak Pack offers this exact move, too (that mod is BGT, only). The setup name is "Setup-JA#BGT_Tweak" and the component number is 153 ("Move Dagger of Venom and Shadow Armor from Taerom's Shop to Silence's Shop"). That's for version 2.0.0 still in beta, but the former version included this move, too.

Also, Jarl's Adventure Pack component 0 does this too: ~Setup-JA#BGT_AdvPack.tp2~ 0

So, if I add

REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-mih_ip.tp2.tp2~ 0 @187 /* ~Skipping - is already installed via Made in Heaven: Item Pack~ */

to Jarl's Tweakpack, would it detect your component correctly?

2 hours ago, jastey said:

Just a heads up: Jarl's Tweak Pack offers this exact move, too (that mod is BGT, only). The setup name is "Setup-JA#BGT_Tweak" and the component number is 153 ("Move Dagger of Venom and Shadow Armor from Taerom's Shop to Silence's Shop"). That's for version 2.0.0 still in beta, but the former version included this move, too.

Also, Jarl's Adventure Pack component 0 does this too: ~Setup-JA#BGT_AdvPack.tp2~ 0

So, if I add

REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-mih_ip.tp2.tp2~ 0 @187 /* ~Skipping - is already installed via Made in Heaven: Item Pack~ */

to Jarl's Tweakpack, would it detect your component correctly?

Ah, I knew I had seen a similar mod somewhere, but I couldn't recall where exactly.  Although in the way I implemented it, a "double move" cannot happen.  I use WeiDU's REMOVE_STORE_ITEM and ADD_STORE_ITEM operations.  Removing an item that doesn't exist in a store is not an error, and an item that already exists in a store will not be added again.  So my mod can safely be installed after yours.

I do not use designated component numbers, but there are marker files.  So this is probably the best way to detect the Sensible Shopping component:

FORBID_FILE "mih_ip/run/tweak_item_shops_bg1.mih" @187

Thanks! First I need to correct myself: that tweak from Jarl's Tweakpack is also compatible with BG:EE and EET (starting with the new beta).

Jarl uses DELETE_STORE_ITEM, is that a weidu function, too, as I do not find a definition inside the mod package:

COPY_EXISTING ~TAERUM.STO~ ~override~
  SPRINT ~item_to_delete~ ~MISC75~
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~DELETE_STORE_ITEM~
  SPRINT ~item_to_delete~ ~LEAT08~
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~DELETE_STORE_ITEM~

COPY_EXISTING ~STOSILEN.STO~ ~override~
ADD_STORE_ITEM ~LEAT08~ AFTER ~LEAT05~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #1
ADD_STORE_ITEM ~MISC75~ AFTER ~DAGG01~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #1

I probably just change it to using REMOVE_STORE_ITEM, too.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Thanks! First I need to correct myself: that tweak from Jarl's Tweakpack is also compatible with BG:EE and EET (starting with the new beta).

Jarl uses DELETE_STORE_ITEM, is that a weidu function, too, as I do not find a definition inside the mod package.

Yes, it is.  It's documented in the WeiDU manual here: http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/README-WeiDU.html

Kinda redundant since we have REMOVE_STORE_ITEM, but there might be an occasional use for it.

If you like, I can run a little test to make sure it works as expected.

Alright, I did a brief test on BGT.  Both versions can be installed in either order without any warnings or errors, and there are no oddities in the shops.

And I think I will add this mod to my setup for a next play, it has some interesting things. 🙂