Last call for SCS v32 fixes

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, Guest ktgrey said:

I reported a bug with item stack sizes changing when you get your items back with the "party loses items in Spellhold" component, #7 in https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30000-last-call-for-scs-v32-fixes/?page=9&tab=comments#comment-267009

I'm aware of that problem but I'm not sure it's fixable; I'll have another look, and if not add a warning to the readme. Fixed (at fairly considerable effort!)

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, Guest ktgrey said:

The game crashed when I entered Diaytha's room in Sendai's enclave, AR6105. I bypassed this by consoling to the spectator beholder room and the rest of the maps were fine.

Noted; can you post a weidu.log?

Hey there, i just launched a new game with Spell Revisions, SCS v32 RC8 and EET.

Some components of SCS couldn't be installed. For some it was an "out of memory" error. I tried again but it wouldn't work. So i finish the SCS install process and then relaunch it : it seems i could install the components.

However, two components won't install no matter what for a "Not_found" error : improved Demiliches and Improved Sendai enclave.

Note that i didn't install some others components so there could be more bugs. I attached my Weidu log to my post.

WeiDU.log

I don’t really know - certainly I haven’t seen it myself, and I’ve run install tests on EET.

Having said that, memory and hard drive space aren’t the same. I guess if your computer is short of RAM and/or you had other intensive processes running at the same time? 

A few bugs to report on the Abazigal fight:

When Abazigal shifts from his human form to his dragon form, if the PC is next to him, then he can get stuck inside of Abazigal, and be unable to move.

Dragon form Abazigal seems to be bugged out and unable to attack. He approaches the player and tries to melee with the message "Abazigal: Attacks Charname" appearing once or twice, but no melee attacks happen. He also repeatedly casts a combo of 2 Remove Magics and a Greater Malison, with no "Spell Sequencer" message beforehand.

Tamah stays at her spawn spot and doesn't engage unless you enter her sight.

You can be limited by ram even with 32gb with 32 bits apps as they're using only 2-3Gb max.

But i'm not sure this is the reason you get the error. Give a try to 64bit version to see if the error shows up (a google search will lead you to a download type weidu 246)

I tried it but it didn't work.

Four components (always the same) can't be installed the first time i setup SCS because of this "out of memory" error :

- improved Durlag

- Improved fight with Irenicus in spellhold

- improved sendai enclave

- Improved minor encounters (BG2)

My method is to bypass these components, finish a first SCS setup, then relaunching it to install just these 4 components. Then it works... so it's no big deal. Still, very strange.

I encountered this out of memory message too the first time I tried to install SCS. If I remember correctly, it was SCS v31, not v32. I installed each group of components (spell tweak, item tweak, etc.) separately as a workaround.

This might be intentional, but Tamah's damage and thac0 is suspiciously poor. It looks like she isn't getting her strength bonus.

Guest Macnube

I'm curious as to whether it's possible to disable the sealed door in the demi-lich encounter on the fourth floor of watchers keep. It looks like the behavior is controlled by ar3027.baf and ar3022.baf - what's the best way to go about making the change? I'm guessing removing the files completely will cause some issues during the installation process, but can I safely comment out all the code? Thanks!