PST-in-EET feasibility

i already answered the question in your duplicate thread, so now i will presume that you know how IWD-in-EET story is handled.

i would have liked to turn this around a little and ask you "how you a similar method could be used here", but frankly, seeing how you insist on seeking simple anwers to very difficult questions, i don't believe you're prepared to give us a working theory of BG-PST integration. 

Huh. Well, as I see it, there are 2 main approaches (with their assorted sub-approaches):

Approach 1: PST as a standalone game in EET.

1-A: PST as a standalone game in EET, completely unrelated to the Bhaalspawn Saga . (Leeux's approach)

1-B: PST as a standalone game in EET, which is a non-integrative extension of the Bhaalspawn Saga with TNO being Charname. (bob_veng's approach)

1-C: PST as a standalone game in EET, which is a non-integrative extension of the Bhaalspawn Saga with TNO separate from Charname.

Approach 2: PST assets in EET as an integral part of the Bhaalspawn Saga.

2-A: PST assets in EET as an integral part of the Bhaalspawn Saga, with *recruitable* PST PCs as major figures in Charname's quest. (Endarire's approach)

2-B: PST assets in EET as an integral part of the Bhaalspawn Saga, with *non-recruitable* PST PCs as major figures in Charname's quest.

2-C: PST assets in EET as an integral part of the Bhaalspawn Saga, with *non-recruitable* PST PCs having only small cameo appearances in Charname's quest.

2-D: PST assets in EET as an integral part of the Bhaalspawn Saga, with no PST PCs for Charname to meet. (Renzokuken's approach)

Apologies if I misrepresented someone's view here.

1-A does not need further explanation. It's just PST that is playable in EET.

1-B & 1-C variants both require character import. Here, Charname is importable into PST after ToB finishes. Or perhaps even before that. Both 1-B & 1-C are very much writing intensive, with the latter variant requiring more new plot connections than the former. Both presuppose that all PST PCs are recruitable in-game. Both variants are in certain ways disconnected from the rest of the Bhaalspawn Saga, which is not something I personally want from EET.

---

2-A is very ambitious. It's about as close to full PST-in-EET as it gets. But it would be a huge pain to write for and integrate with BG1, BG2, BG2:ToB assets.

One important caveat: I would not make TNO recruitable. Morte and other PST PCs? If they can be integrated well (which is a big if), sure, why not. But not TNO. TNO is too "heavy" a character to have in Charname's party. TNO would only overshadow Charname.

2-B is less ambitious. Avoids the complications of having PST PCs in Charname's party, treating them as NPCs instead. It's probably the only variant of Approach 2 that is both robust enough and feasible enough.

2-C & 2-D are both conservative variants. The latter is the easiest to implement but suffers from poor narrative connections between the Bhaalspawn Saga and PST areas/characters. The former allows for more robust integration, but I think it would still fall short of building a solid bridge between the Bhaalspawn Saga and PST content.

Edited by Istfemer

@Istfemer Thankee for clearly explaining this.

To clarify, bob_veng and perhaps others mentioned that PST-in-EET would likely work best narratively if The Nameless One is the Bhaalspawn.  Handling the rest of the interactions between Sword Coast and Planescape NPCs requires writing, planning, scripting, and more that others could better explain in the near-term.

As an aside, if PST is officially incorporated as an option into EET, Sigil would be handy to have as a place where modders could add extraplanar adventures, like to Greyhawk for ToEE.