Availability???

Guest GunnerBlack

Guest GunnerBlack

Searching far and wide for information on IWD in EET. Is it public? Cannot seem to find a download, some sources say latest EET is IWD ready but no info on how to install.

Guest Retracted

Upon scouring the forums I found this project was still in active development as of several days ago. So I wait patiently. Please keep up the good work, I know there is a lot to do and I hope we all remember to be grateful for the amazing effort.

3 hours ago, Guest Retracted said:

Upon scouring the forums I found this project was still in active development as of several days ago. So I wait patiently. Please keep up the good work, I know there is a lot to do and I hope we all remember to be grateful for the amazing effort.

Yeah, I've just begun playing the GOG version of IWD2. Although the interface hasn't aged well and setting higher resolutions doesn't take much strain off your eyes (even with the widescreen mod which I've disabled for fear of game-breaking bugs), it feels like a classic IE game nonetheless. This mod could be a game-changer even though we haven't got much in the way of screenshots or gameplay yet.

Edited by The_Rock
Guest Have Faith

Honestly EET works so flawlessly that I'm content knowing it's all in very capable hands. My only worry is that I dont own IWD2, but if I'm not mistaken the content will run on the new engine with the new gui so that will be nice. Beamdog says with the lost source code iwd2 cannot be EE'd but K4thos seems to have the workaround!

11 minutes ago, Guest Have Faith said:

Honestly EET works so flawlessly that I'm content knowing it's all in very capable hands. My only worry is that I dont own IWD2, but if I'm not mistaken the content will run on the new engine with the new gui so that will be nice. Beamdog says with the lost source code iwd2 cannot be EE'd but K4thos seems to have the workaround!

It's not a workaround, it's exported resources imported to the BG2EE engine*, the difference is immense between BG2EE and the IWD2 engines. Such as completely different core rule establishment. As the games simulate different editions of the P&P rules. The simulate, is the correct word here, as they are not anyways near the actual rules...

*take note that this is easy, as it has been done nearly 15-20 years now, and K4thos has the resources not from the game, but a project that was done in the past... compared to the alternative.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola