• Tougher Illasera
    • Tougher Yaga-Shura
    • Rewritten Final Chapter of Throne of Bhaal
    • Balthazar can be redeemed
    • Improved Sarevok-Player Interactions
    • Improved Imoen-Player Interactions in Throne of Bhaal
    • Restored Bhaalspawn Powers
    • Improved Slayer Transformation
    • Expanded Epilogues for Bioware NPCs -> David Gaider's expanded epilogues for Bioware NPCs
  • atweaks-v453
    • PnP Dimension Door
    • PnP Fiends
    • Further Revised Fiend Summoning
    • Fiendish gating
  • cdtweaks-v9
    • Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table
    • PnP Mage Spell Progression Table
    • Un-Nerfed Bard Spell Progression Table (Blucher)
    • Un-Nerfed Cleric Spell Progression Table (Blucher)
    • Use Cleric Level Progression Table with Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Progression Table (Blucher)
    • Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons
  • stratagems-v32.6
    • Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)
    • Smarter general AI
    • Better calls for help
    • Smarter mages
    • Smarter Priests
    • Potions for NPCs
    • Improved Spiders
    • Improved Fiends and Celestials
    • Smarter Genies
    • Smarter Dragons
    • Smarter Beholders
    • Smarter Mind Flayers
    • Improved Vampires
    • Smarter Githyanki
    • Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain
    • Smarter Illasera
    • Smarter Gromnir
    • Smarter Yaga-Shura
    • Smarter Abazigal
    • Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS abilities and AI
    • Ascension demons use SCS abilities and AI
    • Improved Shade Lord
    • Spellcasting Demiliches
    • Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider
    • Improved Random Encounters
    • Improved D'Arnise Keep
    • Improved Unseeing Eye
    • Improved Bodhi
    • Ascension version of Bodhi uses Improved-Bodhi abilities
    • Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold
    • Improved Sahuagin
    • Improved beholder hive
    • Rebalanced Troll Regeneration
    • Improved Drow
    • Improved Watcher's Keep
    • Improved Fire Giant Temple
    • Improved Sendai's Enclave
    • Improved Abazigal's Lair
    • Improved Minor Encounters
  • various override fixes for a few items, creatures and spells (custom non-Weidu modifications)

My problem is that I have no idea in what order I should install these mods/override fixes so there are minimal conflicts. For example, after installing all atweaks PnP Fiend components and the SCS Fiend components, the summons do get messed up, resulting in them being neutral and not giving EXP if they kill anything (as it should be for the atweaks mod). Even after installing the atweaks PnP mods after the SCS components, bugs remain. I figuered that these mods will clash but I really like the way the Fiends were done in the atweaks version so Id hate having to drop this.

Secondly, I made some small changes to existing items/spells/creatures (changing damage numbers for items + spells/stats on some monsters) but apart from the changes itself, the description changes (note: I play the game in german language) seem to be quite problematic: Without any other Weidu mods installed, this worked fine (desriptions updating properly ingame) but after installing everything else, the description changes just dont take place, even though its shown in DLTCEP under the "descriptions" tab. How do I fix this ? - I assume that these changes need to be done in proper order to work but sadly I cant do more than trail-and-error.

Thanks for reading all of this, any help is greatly appretiated !

Edited by kartoffelgratin

Concerning your fiend problem: The BWP pdf states:

aTweaks’ Fiend components are at least partially incompatible with Improved fiends; to be safe, use one or the other.

Might be useful to read up in the latest one about the mods and their components you want to install:

http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/72-big-world-project/

According to this, the installation order should be something like:

- Ascension

- Tweaks Anthology

- SCS

- aTweaks

- custom modifications

Why the latter won't work, not qualified to answer, sorry.

Not sure if Spell Revisions should be installed after cd tweaks... except for this one component updating NPC spellbooks. Perhaps better install everything else from SR right after Ascension. And perhaps take a look at Project Infinity - I never tried, because I don't use Windows, but it seems to make installing mods a lot easier and more comfortable:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74335/project-infinity-public-beta-for-all

So I experienced some wierd bug in my game just now; whenever I use the spells Summon Fiend, Cacofiend or Gate, most of the summoned Demons are neutral (blue circle) instead of allied (as they should according to atweaks PnP Fiends). This does happen for the Baatezu (Cornugon, Gelugon, Pit Fiend) and the Tanar'ri (Nabassu, Glabrezu, Balor), however it doesnt affect the Yugoloth (Arcanaloth, Nycaloth, Ultroloth).

I checked the creature files and all of them are flagged as "0x80 neutral" which I suppose should get overridden by their script after summoning. Maybe something I installed previously to atweaks is breaking the summons ? All I can think of is SCS/Ascension, as these are the only mods that affect scripting. I am not sure how to fix this myself so I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar or can help me with this issue.

I used to have that problem. As weird as it sounds, what fixed it for me is to move the line ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,ALLY) to after the line DialogInterrupt(FALSE) in their scripts.

So aTweaks' code looks like this:

IF
    Global("RR#EACheck","LOCALS",0)
    Allegiance(LastSummonerOf(Myself),GOODCUTOFF)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetInterrupt(FALSE)
        SetGlobal("RR#EACheck","LOCALS",2)
        LeaveParty()
        ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,ALLY)  // <- this line changes them to ally
        DialogueInterrupt(FALSE)      // <- this line makes it so that you can't interrupt them by initiating dialog with them
        SetInterrupt(TRUE)
END

Swapping places of the two lines DialogueInterrupt(FALSE) and ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,ALLY) fixes this problem, though I can't say why it works that way. Moving the line LeaveParty() up higher also works. So it seems like you just can't have the two lines LeaveParty() and ChangeEnemyAlly() right next to each other. Scratch that, my mistake! It seems you really need DialogueInterrupt() to come before ChangeEnemyAlly().

So what you'd need to do is opening up the scripts of all summoned demons, except the yugoloths, and performing this step. The yugoloths are fine because in their scripts the line DialogueInterrupt does come before the line ChangeEnemyAlly.

You can also make these changes directly to the files included in the mod. This way you don't have to work with the actual script files, so you won't need an editor tool like Near Infinity. All you need is a text editor. However,  this requires reinstalling the mod, and seeing as you have a bunch of mods, this may not be such a good idea. Besides, personally I'd avoid tampering with mods' source contents.

Edited by ABlake

Thanks for this detailed response ^^ I will try this in case im reinstalling everything again. I did play around with DLTCE a bit and after changing the reaction from "0x80 neutral" to "0x04 ally" for the affected creatures, it suddenly worked. Now I am not sure if I can keep it like this but I didnt have any troubles so far - every demon is working correctly now.

@ABlake:

I know this might be a stupid question, but how exactly do I swap these 2 lines ? I opened the script with DLTCE and did change their position but now my game starts to freeze whenever the summoned creature should appear on screen. Do I need to do anything else besides simply saving the changed script and putting it into the override folder ? Thanks again for your help ^^

5 hours ago, kartoffelgratin said:

@ABlake:

I know this might be a stupid question, but how exactly do I swap these 2 lines ? I opened the script with DLTCE and did change their position but now my game starts to freeze whenever the summoned creature should appear on screen. Do I need to do anything else besides simply saving the changed script and putting it into the override folder ? Thanks again for your help ^^

- The general procedure is just that, nothing else in particular needs to be done. Just be careful when you modify the script.

- Make sure you uncheck "Read only" under Settings.

- Select Scripts in the Edit section. Let's say we're working on the summoned Glabrezu's script, which should be RR#SGLAB.BCS. Once you have it loaded, cut the line DialogueInterrupt(FALSE) and insert it between LeaveParty() and ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,ALLY). So that block would look like this

IF
    Global("RR#EACheck","LOCALS",0)
    Allegiance(LastSummonerOf(Myself),GOODCUTOFF)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetInterrupt(FALSE)
        SetGlobal("RR#EACheck","LOCALS",2)
        LeaveParty()
        DialogueInterrupt(FALSE)
        ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,ALLY)
        SetInterrupt(TRUE)
END

- Make sure every action is on a separate line. I think DLTCEP is not as easy going as Near Infinity.

- Then Save Script As..., and Save. To be extra safe, open that script again and make sure it looks like what it's supposed to.

- Summon a Glabrezu and see what happens.

Mhh... whenever I save the script, a few names do get changed automatically

IF
  Global("RR#EACHECK","LOCALS",0)
  Allegiance([PC.GENERAL_ITEM.HUMAN],GOODCUTOFF)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    SetGlobal("RR#EACHECK","LOCALS",2)
    LeaveParty()
    DialogInterrupt(FALSE)
    ChangeEnemyAlly([INANIMATE.HUMANOID],ALLY)
    SetInterrupt(TRUE)
END

This is how it looks once I load "RR#SGLAB.BCS" .... I only swapped the 2 lines as you said, not changing anything else. I supposed the whole file will have altered names; Is there a way I can prevent any changes apart from the one I intend to make ?

I think it's a bug with the compiler. I didn't run into this problem when I used DLTCEP just the other day.

To go around this, use WeiDU as your external compiler.

- Go to Settings -> Change settings -> Set edit options. Uncheck "Use internal decompiler" and "Use internal compiler" (near the bottom).

- Then Back. Go to Set WeiDU options next. In the top bar, navigate to your weidu.exe in the game folder. Not sure if Language matters, but setting it to en_US shouldn't hurt.

Now weidu will be used to decompile/compile scripts, and compiling should be fine.

Don't forget to revert any script you have modified with DLTCEP to original state before retrying.

Edited by ABlake

I dont have weidu.exe anywhere on my pc; is this what I need ?. Do I just unpack the weidu files to my game folder and link to weidu.exe in order to use the weidu compiler ?

Edit: WeiDU-Windows-246.zip from the link above worked for me; no more changed names within the script; changed everything back to "neutral" and no issues ingame so far =] - thank you @ABlake for your continued help !