A Present for Aklon

BigRob

Helllo I am a new member of this forum.And I just want to say that Aklon looks great......As far as a gift idea,how about a bed role made of Elven material....Or perhaps the Chara can find out what his favorite food item is and purchase that for him....As the party stops for the night, Char wanders off to gather wood for the fire ,she walks up to Aklon and in a quiet voice says here, Aklon looks down at his hands where she had placed a piece of wood .He looks up at her questioningly, but she has moved away from him....Aklon looks down at her gift as his hands begin to tingle, in place of the wood ,is a pure white dove , As he watches the doves flight he begins to realize  the meaning of her gift or something to that affect....  :)

That sounds good for a mage. :)

Helllo I am a new member of this forum.And I just want to say that Aklon looks great......As far as a gift idea,how about a bed role made of Elven material....Or perhaps the Chara can find out what his favorite food item is and purchase that for him....As the party stops for the night, Char wanders off to gather wood for the fire ,she walks up to Aklon and in a quiet voice says here, Aklon looks down at his hands where she had placed a piece of wood .He looks up at her questioningly, but she has moved away from him....Aklon looks down at her gift as his hands begin to tingle, in place of the wood ,is a pure white dove , As he watches the doves flight he begins to realize  the meaning of her gift or something to that affect....  :)

Ah, some good ideas. Getting Aklon his favourite food could be tricky (you'll see when you find out what it is), but not impossible. And I do like the idea of a symbolic, magical gift from a mage (or possibly a druid, there).

Hallo

its me Zanari Archer I just forgot my user name and password so I made a new one...LOL :)

It could also be a special made scroll as I am partial to playing Kensai and rangers....

I also thought that he was Elvish,thats why I made the comment about an elven gift.

I do realize that this post,reply is to late,but I was thinking about it. :)

And umm :thumbsup: are we there yet

Zanari

Nope, Aklon's human. But an elven bedroll would be a welcome change to the dirt he usually sleeps on. :)

A special scroll could have lots of things on it A drawing, a story, a poem, or even a protective spell. Which gives the PC more choice, and me more work. :)

And no, we're not there yet. But we're getting there. :thumbsup:

Guest Some Random BGII Player

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but... how about a book? Admittedly, on an adventure like CHARNAME's, you probably don't have much time to read, but then, when do the mages get time to memorize spells? I suppose it could work. And being a bookworm myself, I know how much a really good book as a gift can mean.

Or perhaps a book on speed-reading? :)

Anyway... can't wait until I can try Aklon out. He looks like he's going to ultra-groovy-cool. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words. :thumbsup:

And I think someone already suggested a book (or maybe it was me) but it's a good idea and suits Aklon very well. I'm sure he'll find some time to read.

The thread's given me lots of good ideas so far and I'll be winnowing through them to see which ones end up in the final version (fifty choices might be a little too much work).

Writing is proceeding as fast as I can. :thumbsup:

Guest Guest ...

I just read this topic and got an inspiration. What about Aklon and the PC celebrating christmas together? Then they will get some extra presents. But just one of my crazy ideas... :)

Christmas isn't celebrated on Faerun, but there are plenty of other festivals and it should be possible to track the bigger ones by gameday. :)

Thank you very much for the idea, I'll look at working it in somewhere. :)

It's funny, but I was just looking up the big "gift-giving" holidays in Faerun today, for something else.

The biggie seems to be, not surprisingly, the Midwinter Festival. I know, you're shocked. Actually, that isn't such a stretch. Somehow, ethnically and culturally diverse folks all over the globe have decided that the middle of winter is a good time to cheer each other up with a party and a few presents.

Makes a lot of sense, really. Thing is, I seem to recall that BG2 begins in the summer months (just before Flamerule), which might make the Midwinter Festival a bit of a wait... Still, I'm sure I can do something with it.

i have two ideas. for a present if its not already done so here they are......

the first idea is Lehtinan's head you just happen to be carrying around.

funny if a bit gruesome. you don't actually have to consider that

if you don't want to.

the second more reasonable idea is perhaps a fuzzy little animal like boo (rat, hamster, mouse or something like that) or maybe a reptile say a snake or a lizard and char accidentally forgetting his fear of snakes/rabbits etc.

Archived