A Present for Aklon

BigRob

Hehe- actually, I was thinking about this one mod called the Three Stooges. It forced you to play the game as a Fighter with 9 STR, a Wizard with 9 INT, and a Cleric with 9 WIS. ;)

Heh. Irenicus wouldn't know what hit him. ;)

Besides, who's to say that a Thief wouldn't have INT as their highest stat, or some such? I'm sure it's rare, but. *shrug* Working with abilities would give you fewer options to write out, too. And I think it's a bit more personal; it involves how your character actually IS, not their job. Y'know? *shrug*

I guess the only toss-up would be if the PC had ties for their highest stat, but. Ah well, whatever. Class or Abilities, I think it'd be neat to see.

If the stats are tied I'd just let the PC pick whichever one they want to do. And yeah, there's no real reason a Thief culdn't have a high intelligence.

Actually, I'm not sure there's any easy way to see which stat is the highest, so I may have to allow the option for any CHARNAME to give any kind of craftable gift, or restrict craftables to those with a high enough stat. :)

Actually, I'm not sure there's any easy way to see which stat is the highest, so I may have to allow the option for any CHARNAME to give any kind of craftable gift, or restrict craftables to those with a high enough stat.  :)

No way to see which stat is highest, but there's certainly a way to check that a stat is at least some number. Which I'm sure you already know, so I'll shut up now.

About dialogue options. May be charname had a hobby in youth. You know, long evenings, nothing to do... Hard to imagine char sewing, but why not? Every person has hidden features of character.

Maybe the PC can make a paper mache version of Aklon out of his/her stamp collection. :)

No way to see which stat is highest, but there's certainly a way to check that a stat is at least some number. Which I'm sure you already know, so I'll shut up now.

You could probably check the highest stat through a vast complicated series of Greater than/Less than checks... but there's no way I'm going to work that out. ;) So yeah, the method used will probably be Stat > x = craft y

About dialogue options. May be charname had a hobby in youth. You know, long evenings, nothing to do... Hard to imagine char sewing, but why not? Every person has hidden features of character. :)

That's a good point, there's all sorts of skills that CHARNAME could have picked up in Candlekeep. That might be a good area to explore early on, or maybe let CHARNAME have a little internal dialogue about whats to make.

About dialogue options. May be charname had a hobby in youth. You know, long evenings, nothing to do... Hard to imagine char sewing, but why not? Every person has hidden features of character.

Maybe the PC can make a paper mache version of Aklon out of his/her stamp collection. ;)

Heheh. Paper mache is a skill CHARNAME could get into a lot of trouble for using in Candlekeep... :p

About dialogue options. May be charname had a hobby in youth. You know' date=' long evenings, nothing to do... Hard to imagine char sewing, but why not? Every person has hidden features of character.[/quote']

Maybe the PC can make a paper mache version of Aklon out of his/her stamp collection. :)

Heheh. Paper mache is a skill CHARNAME could get into a lot of trouble for using in Candlekeep... ;)

Yes I can see that one.

Monk: Has anyone seen that ancient book about the use of the Nether scrolls?

Pc:(looks up from the paper mache dragon) Oops.

;) Yay! I like that everyone enjoys idea! But I think paper mache is a little bit ...hmmm... usual :) What about smithery? CHARNAME and her little mobile forge. Sounds extremely NICE.

Something is tellin' me, that it could be a special dwarvish CHARNAME present ;)

Why couldn't it be just a flower garland?.. Plaited while conversating. =~_^=

Well, with all the extra GP I know my characters always have lying around, I'd just go shopping. Maybe pick out some clothes she'd like to see him wear? Something that brings out his eyes :)

I do like the idea of making him something, though. Seems more personal. I think a necklace would be a cute gift. Even if he's not inclined towards jewelery, surely he'd wear one if it were from his lady love?

So many choices, hmm...

Hm. Only If it's specially enchanted to keep it fresh. Guess, it's not very pleasant to wear, erm, let's name it OLD flowers :)  Meo, you're just little GREEN thing. As always.

Why not?.. I think, enchanted garland could be sooo cuuute =^^=

Don't call me that "thingie" name, drow! :p

Hey, I'm not _that_ little, besides! But that "green" was actually a compliment?.. Oh my, how sweet ;);)

So, handmade is no use in this way?.. alas..

Papier mache? Um... wouldn't leatherworking or smithing be more practical? Sorry, but the idea of <CHARNAME> doing papier mache or anything else like that kind of nauseates me.

In any case, saying <CHARNAME> has a hobby of any kind is frought with peril. You don't want to force the player into anything. And when the heck is she supposed to have gotten time to handmake anything? Is she the Martha Stewart of Faerun or something? "After slaughtering infestations of trolls, but before resting in preperation to liberating slaves, I like to make the perfect centerpiece." I vastly prefer her buying something.

Honestly I was half joking with the paper mache thing. I think that buying something for him would make more sense only in that while you may have had a hobby in Candlekeep whether or not you kept it up once you left is certainly debateable what with all the people trying to kill you, among alot of ohter things.

In terms of making a gift, I won't force the player into making anything, or having a hobby, it'll be a choice by the player to say to herself "Hey, I used to do X in Candlekeep, maybe I can make a gift for Aklon with it."

For simple things (a carved statuette, for example) it could be done in spare odd moments over several weeks. Taking your turn on watch can be very boring...

For more complicated things, you might need a workshop and a lot of spare time (which kinda tips Aklon off, but hey).

But I also want to allow CHARNAME to buy something. Maybe Aklon's ladylove doesn't have the time (or the skills) to make something, or she thinks he'll like something different.

So, you'll get the choice anyway. :)

Helllo I am a new member of this forum.And I just want to say that Aklon looks great......As far as a gift idea,how about a bed role made of Elven material....Or perhaps the Chara can find out what his favorite food item is and purchase that for him....As the party stops for the night, Char wanders off to gather wood for the fire ,she walks up to Aklon and in a quiet voice says here, Aklon looks down at his hands where she had placed a piece of wood .He looks up at her questioningly, but she has moved away from him....Aklon looks down at her gift as his hands begin to tingle, in place of the wood ,is a pure white dove , As he watches the doves flight he begins to realize the meaning of her gift or something to that affect.... :)

Archived