Accessing Baldur's Gate when starting in BG2

Hey guys,

I assume it's not possible with vanilla EET to access the city of Baldur's Gate or any BG1 area when starting a new game in BG2?

Also, even if you manage to find your way to Wyrm's Crossing ("bg0800"), the bridge is closed.

I tried opening it with

SetGlobal("K#Drawbridge","BG0900",2)
CloseDoor("DoorDraw")

But it didn't work. I suppose it only works if you've went through BG + SoD first.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Legitimate way... you don't even try.

And you don't usually close doors to open them, unless you already opened a window, which you then use to go around to open the door... so you probably mistook a wrong script command 143 as 144 to try to reopen the bridge door, as the above is probably used to close it in the SotD portion, or whatever.

Can you please be more specific?

Your answer is quite vague. Is there anything special a player has to do to go back to BG1 areas when starting a game in BG2?

As for the door thing, taken from k4thos himself

On 4/20/2016 at 5:32 AM, K4thos said:

In other words all you need to do in order to reopen Baldur's Gate city areas is lowering the bridge in Wyrm's Crossing (BG0900.BCS). In order to do so just use this action:

CloseDoor("DoorDraw")

Than when you cross the bridge and travel west the BG city districts will show exactly as they where made visible and explorable during BG1 (one after another as you travel).

You lower the bridge by closing it, if that makes any sense.

With EET yes you can. Well, as long as you made your way through BG1+SoD first.

When starting right in BG2 (which you can in EET), I'm not sure it's possible, which is the point of this thread, and what I'd like to know.

Edited by Daxtreme