BG1NPC Bugthread

jastey

In the Cloakwood Nest area of BGEE:  My party entered Centeol's lair with the main character, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc and Safana.    Xan is NOT in the party.    Centeol did NOT say anything.  Her spiders and ettercaps attacked.  After my party had killed all her monsters, I kept clicking on Centeol to try to talk to her.  She did not respond.  She had no dialog.  Repeatedly clicking on her did not do anything.  She was not hostile either.  

Then I used Algernon's Cloak to charm Centeol, which succeeded.  Then I clicked on her again to try to to speak to her.  It was useless.  Still, I got no dialog or response from her. 

I knew a mod must have broken Centeol, but I did not know one at first.  I did not remember having installed a mod that mentioned it would do anything to Centeol.  So I googled around and found out that BG1 NPC Project made some changes to Centeol for Xan, (i.e., Xan could dispel her curse.)  I had recruited Xan, but I had removed him from my party and sent him to the Friendly Arm Inn.   I believe BG1 NPC Project is the only mod in my game that made changes to Centeol.   I suspect it was BG1 NPC Project that had broken Centeol with those changes.

Edited by ktchong

Duplicates: Two of Everything in Centeol's Lair Including TWO Spider's Bane

Continued from the last message...   another  problem in Centeol's Lair :

The lair included TWO Spider's Bane swords, TWO Chelak's Bodies swords, TWO Discipliner rings, and TWO Fire Opal Rings:  One of each was inside the container behind Centeol.  One of each was on Centeol, which she dropped when she died.  Centeol also had a Wand of Frost, which did NOT have a duplicate in the container behind her.

I am not sure the duplicates were added by BG1 NPC Project.  However, as I conjectured that BG1 NPC Project broke Centeol's dialog, it possibly also added the duplicates as well.

Edited by ktchong
40 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

Centeol talks after being wounded normally. 

I never encountered duplicate items there with BG1 NPC Project. 

Already tried to mortally injured her.  Hit her until she had one bar left, and then stopped and waited for her to speak.  She did not say anything.  

Reloaded and tried again. She still did not talk. 

Even after attacking her, she stayed blue and did NOT turn red/hostile.  She did NOT turn red AT ALL.

Also, I checked YouTube videos of other people's gameplay: Centeol spoke IMMEDIATELY when they entered her lair.

Edited by ktchong