Does Kivan actually "say" anything?

Guest Kyrvian

Guest Kyrvian

I have him installed, but am wondering does he actually make any "sounds"? When I click on him at the bottom of the screen it just says, "What do you want?" with no "sound" involved. If I need to do something, tell me. Thanks in advance!

Oh and, really great job on the mod.

Guest Guest

I just downloaded the Kivan of Shilmista, v5, from the download page. However, when he joins my group, there isn't any sound from him - only quotes at the bottom.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Did the sound installer run? It would have been an option that appeared at the end of you installation and asked you to leave it be for a few minutes? I usually disable it in my own versions, so I might have uploaded it that way for V5. If there was no sound unpacking please let me know, I will ask Cam to update the TP2 and post a small alteration that you can make yourself to make sure that sounds decodes.

Guest Guest

When I reran the installer, only the Kivan component and Deheriana's class component installed. A window popped up mentioning an "audio-install.sh" file that couldn't be opened. I was directed to check the web, but there wasn't anything that came up.

Aw, crap. .sh files are OS X shell scripts; in this case it's the scripts that decompress the sound files. This one is my fault--the Windows package is trying to run the OS X version sound-decompression routine. You can re-download it for the fix; I've updated the mirrors with a fixed Windows package. All you need to do is download and re-run.

If you're feeling frisky, you can fix it yourself by opening Setup-Kivan.tp2 in a text editor. Just change this:

// win
//AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~Kivan/oggdec.bat~
//AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~Kivan/oggdec.bat~

// os x
AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~Kivan/audio-install.sh~
AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~Kivan/audio-uninstall.sh~

to this

// win
AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~Kivan/oggdec.bat~
AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~Kivan/oggdec.bat~

// os x
//AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~Kivan/audio-install.sh~
//AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~Kivan/audio-uninstall.sh~

and then rerun it.

Guest Guest

I redownloaded it from the mirror and reran it. Only the Kivan component and Deheriana's class component installed. Then it said press enter to exit. I didn't get the "audio-install.sh" window pop up this time. I loaded the game and there still wasn't any sound from Kivan.

Did you press enter to exit WeiDU or did you just close the window? Because of the way WeiDU handles external routines, you have to hit enter so it can run the audio installation process--you should get a lot of messages running across the screen when it's installing the audio.

Hmm... I just downloaded V5 from the Mirror#1, and the installation went normally: ie after I have pressed enter it decoded sound files and then opened the ReadMe. Kivan's sound file plays in the game w/o problems. I am not sure what could be wrong :)

Perhaps you could try again, making sure that you are gentle with the installer and let us know if you have the following folders after you have let the installer run: Kivan and KivanBG1Soundset. Do you have anything like kivan01.wav through kivan40.wav and P#DEH01.wav through P#Deh40.wav in your override folder?

Archived