New version, 8.1, with bugfixes! Testers needed!

Guest Marco

Hello, I need an hint about installing the Cirosan's mod in a BG2EE with Italian as language. As during the installation process Italian isn't displayed as available language, I was wondering :

- Can I chosse American, or do I corrupt the game and the dialoge will not work ?

- If I can't install American, can I use the lang\it_IT\ files generated by the Kish's version? do I corrupt the Cirosan's mod in this way?

thanks a lot,

Marco

I've not fully tested this, but I know it does install on EET without warning.  I'm not sure if every stronghold will work - I did run into trouble with the cleric one but was able to bypass it by taking Anomen out of the group prior to going into the temple of Helm.

However, I have a question: If I installed it onto BG2EE prior to installing EET, would it work then?  I want to try this, because I'd like to have this working without me having to hit it over the head in certain instances.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to recognize Cernd. Is there a way to use a console to fix that? It's as if Cernd is not recognized as a druid at all (despite being a Shapeshifter).

I've tried this, but it doesn't work:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("KishCerndDruidStronghold","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("KishDruidQuest1","GLOBAL",0)

Edited by Hypaspist
Guest Tester458

Saw there was a new update to this mod and decided to give playtesting a whirl. The concept always intrigued me and I genuinely want to see this thing succeed.

Unfortunately ran into a lot of bugs on my first playthrough, despite only doing two extra strongholds:

Anomen Priest Stronghold -

1. During "Another Mission for the Temple" Dawnbringer Sain just asks how the investigation is going, instead of prompting the party to go meet with Travin in the Slums at night.
  2. Later went BACK to the Lathander temple after Anomen's main quests were done (the advice-giving judgements), and it finally triggered. 

Haer Dalis Stronghold - Found that he now receives the Playhouse even when NOT in the party at all. Higgold appears and everything. Not game-breaking or even that annoying, really, but could be for people who dislike getting journal entries they can't complete.

Imoen Strongholds - 

1. When Teos in the Planar Sphere appears, he calls Imoen "the woman who escaped from Spellhold." Not a bug, but inconsistent with the Imoen 4 Ever mod, which I also have installed. Thought you guys would like to know. :) 
  2. Everything was relatively all right with her Thieves Guild quests until the end. Then it all seemed to go to hell. After clearing the traitors out of Imoen's basement, I was pointed toward Renal Bloodscalp's building where I proceeded to take out everyone inside and outside, including Renal. No dialogue triggered to tell me where to go from there. I found I couldn't enter Aran Linvail's lair by the way I normally did (the outdoor entrance using the stairs on the far southside of the building), and I no longer had the key to open the secret passage inside on the first floor. Stumped, I went to see if Gaelan Bayle was in his house and would give me more info/a key. He was, but he acted like he was inside Aran's torture room. Realizing finally that this must be some kind of bug, I went ahead and cheated in the Shadow Thief Cellar Key I needed to open the secret passage and went in. Killed everyone in the main room, went south to the torture cells, found Gaelan (again!) who gave me the same lines of dialogue. Went and killed Booter, freed Gaelan, went and killed Arkanis, hit the button, killed Aran's crew, and attempted to loot the room. For whatever reason, as soon as I went to unlock the safe in Aran's room, Imoen initiated a dialogue "Renal, my old mentor" or something similar. I think it was meant to trigger when we killed him, but either the trigger is in the wrong place or there was some kind of massive delay on it? No idea, but Imoen WILL NOT SHUT UP ABOUT IT now. Every two seconds she repeats the same line. I tried to edit the game in EEKeeper, just to see if I could remove the trigger and continue playing, but now she stutters, badly. Can't get her to take more than two steps. This, unfortunately, is where I had to stop. 

I hope that there's an easy temporary fix for the last issue? I'd be really bummed to give up the whole playthrough. :( I do still have the save file from before I tampered with the variables, and I would post a screenshot or something, but I don't know how. Copy-paste of WeiDU log below:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~NWNF_7/SETUP-NWNF_7.TP2~ #0 #0 // NWNF_7: 1.01
~NWNF_13/SETUP-NWNF_13.TP2~ #0 #0 // NWNF_13: 1.01
~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/SETUP-A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Modify Enhanced Edition NPCs -> Disable all NPCs: v4.1
~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/SETUP-A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #301 // Make NPC-specific items available for everyone: v4.1
~IMOEN_FOREVER/IMOEN_FOREVER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen 4 Ever in BGII: Experience the BGII without pressure - and with Imoen!: Version 2
~NPC_STRONGHOLDS/SETUP-NPC_STRONGHOLDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // NPC Strongholds: v8.1
~NPC_STRONGHOLDS/SETUP-NPC_STRONGHOLDS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Soundset Changes (Throne of Bhaal required): v8.1
~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v8.3
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #47 // A Chat with Viekang, by magrat: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #51 // Valygar Romance ToB, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #52 // Minsc. Takes. A Bath, by Thimblerig: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #54 // Date Night, by SisterVigilante: v12
~IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen Friendship: v3.4
~MINSCFRIENDSHIP/MINSCFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Minsc Friendship for BG2 and ToB: v1.2
~SAREVOKROMANCE/SAREVOKROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aeryn's Sarevok Romance for BGII: Throne of Bhaal: 1.4
~TSUJATHA/SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tsujatha (BG2:SoA NPC) created by Sillara of the Tamari: v15_charsets
~ADRIAN/ADRIAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Adrian for BGII -> Change Adrian's class to Cleric/Mage: v5.0
~ADRIAN/ADRIAN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install optional soundset for Adrian (only in English) -> Phaelin's soundset: v5.0
~HAERDALISROMANCE/HAERDALISROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haer'Dalis Romance (SoA & ToB): v2.2
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA: v1.06
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB: v1.06
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.06
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.06
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.06
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.06
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.06
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.06
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skip Chateau Irenicus: 3.1
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Deal with skipped NPCs -> All available NPCs: 3.1
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2152 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> Allow Armor Plus One Protection Item (Angel): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2353 // Alter Multiclass Restrictions -> Allow non-humans access to a multiclasses only if they can access the single-classes: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2440 // Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2520 // Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields (Angel): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2530 // Lightning Bolts Don't Bounce (Angel): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9
~MNKOVERHAUL/MNKOVERHAUL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Monk High Level Abilities by Kish
~MNKOVERHAUL/MNKOVERHAUL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Monk Fist Overhaul -> 3:+1 9:+2 12:+3 15:+4 25:+5

Guest energisedcamel

I've had a few bugs with Minsc's stronghold, but the most pressing one is looping and stuttering with this line @1060 = ~Delon! What do you need from Minsc and Boo?~

Anyone have any ideas of a quick fix? I don't want to uninstall the mod.

Guest Tester458
On 4/4/2021 at 10:01 PM, Guest energisedcamel said:

I've had a few bugs with Minsc's stronghold, but the most pressing one is looping and stuttering with this line @1060 = ~Delon! What do you need from Minsc and Boo?~

Anyone have any ideas of a quick fix? I don't want to uninstall the mod.

I experienced something similar with Valygar. In my case, he seemed to keep trying to start dialogue with Delon, who had not spawned (probably because we were inside the Planar Sphere). Finishing the quest and making sure we were in an area he could spawn in (in my case, the slums), and then spawning Delon manually so that Valygar could actually talk to him did the trick. Creature code should simply be "DELON."

Adding on to my previous bug report, even though the update borked everything and I no longer have access to my old WeiDU log or save games. Maybe they'll still be of use.

1. The previous Anomen bug involving Dawnmaster Sain appears to occur even on a playthrough where he isn't in the party. When the Watcher from the Temple of Helm tells us to see Sain for our next task, Sain asks us how our investigation is going, even though we've never spoken to him before. Without a priest stronghold to complete in this playthrough, there does not seem to be a workaround.
    1. Post-Unseeing Eye quest, I went back to see if that might have jogged the quest along, but all it does is change Dawnmaster Sain's dialogue to the "You must excuse me--" line instead. Quest is un-finishable.
  2. During Valygar's Ranger Stronghold, Mairyn once again did not spawn. Manually spawning her led to the same "-- won't speak to anyone but the Ranger" bug. For some reason, using the PC to force-talk Valygar while standing next to Mairyn allows the dialogue to fire.
  3. When Viconia is approached by the Temple of Talos, the journal says that despite her refusal, we can still investigate the sewers. Keldorn does not spawn, however. Went into Mekrath's lair to grab Haer Dalis (still no Keldorn), and then went back to the Temple of Talos to see if the priest would give me another hint. Went back down, saw that Keldorn was there, and I could access the Unseeing Eye section of the sewers, but Keldorn still didn't initiate dialogue and the zombie he usually fights didn't spawn. Not sure what to make of this one. It's not game-breaking, and I'm not even sure its related to the mod, tbh, but thought it was worth mentioning just in case.
Guest Answer
On 6/17/2021 at 12:18 PM, Guest Questions said:

So am I better off going with v8 or v 8.1 at this point?

I feel like you'd be best off waiting for a newer bug-fixed version, but if you really don't want to wait, I'd say most recent is better, despite everything. Most of the bugs that still exist have workarounds in this version, provided you know your way around a save editor. Definitely keep lots of saves handy though. Odds are, something will go wrong at some point.

I have found a problem with Sain's Dialog if CHARNAME is either not a cleric or one that gets recruited by Helm. This concerns the ring quest and him saying "You must excuse me..." of which there are two different versions in his .dlg file. One (state 53) with a weight of 29 looks fine, but the second state 57 with a weight of 16 causes problem, not only because it's weight is to low but also because one trigger condition is Global("JoinHelm","GLOBAL",0) which together makes it impossible to get the ring quest as a solo non cleric . I suggest you:

Add SetGlobal("TelwynSent","GLOBAL",1) to state trigger 22 - quest start dialog check
Replace the content of state trigger 16 for state 57 with

Spoiler

OR(3)
Global("KishPriestHiredAerie","GLOBAL",0)
!IsValidForPartyDialogue("Aerie")
Dead("Aerie")
OR(3)
Global("KishAnomenClericStronghold","GLOBAL",0)
!IsValidForPartyDialogue("Anomen")
Dead("Anomen")
Global("JoinLathander","GLOBAL",0)
InPartySlot(LastTalkedToBy,0)
Global("StealingPlot","GLOBAL",0)
Global("BeholderPlot","GLOBAL",0)
Global("KishPEFLT","GLOBAL",0)
Global("TelwynSent","GLOBAL",0)

and get rid of state 53 by replacing everything in state trigger 29 with False().
The appended file contains my edits, they seem to work so far.

What does Global("KishPEFLT","GLOBAL",0) represent?
I have noticed that the Shield Knights who should attack the prophets after turning in the Eye quest don't do so as a non cleric. However they do when Anomen or Aerie(Morning Knights) acdepted the quest. Can anyone confirm this, or might this be a problem stemming from me consoling in Oisig because Viconia didn't seem to get the quest from the Talos guy?

Cheers, Raimn

Edit: The SoD-to-BG2EE-Item-Upgrade Mod has Sain reward you with the shield of egon if you return the ring to lathander. This is not part of the reward you get if you accept the quest with Aerie or Anomen. Not sure how to fix this in the installation process, but I copied Sain's response and code for the reward from the charname path to the NPC path and it works as intended. In the file as well.

scsain.dlg

Edited by raimn
Forgot something