Crossmod thoughts

4 minutes ago, jastey said:

@tipun just for info: guest posting requires moderation approval because we are getting bombed with spam posts currently, that is why your post above didn't show at first.

When reading the suggestion about reducing the inventory slots, I was thinking it could be realized technically by "filling" the inventoyr with unremovable, blocking "items".

Got it, thanks. I just never logged into my account from my work laptop.

For unremovable, blocking "items" are good ideas. And I didn't even think about it.

Hi, jastey!

Recently completed SoD and I can say that the new ham quest is great! 😋 The quest is relatively simple, fun and original. The only thing that confused me:

Spoiler

at the very beginning of the mission, I searched the whole area near the coalition camp, but, of course, found nothing. Perhaps it would make sense to give some sort of non-obvious hint that searching in that location will yield nothing?

Also, I want to suggest you a new idea for a mod (SoA-part).

Spoiler

The backstory is that I lost Gray in the final battle in Avernus. And here: what if make his death in that battle inevitable (and dramatic) as a cutscene? But MC can't resurrect him and leaves Hell. Then Gray is resurrected by the inhabitants of Avernus, but he escapes them and returns (I don't know how, with the power of love 🥰) to his master/mistress in the second chapter of SoA? Of course, he was resurrected in Hell, already as a Hellhound. Accordingly, Grey would have to get his new portrait, some resistance to fire and vulnerability to cold. But he'll still be a loving and loyal dog.

Just in case, I "sketched" some new portraits of Gray in the neural network (image free to use, no copywriting):

Of course, I'm not talking about crossmode. And the idea itself could be a lead-in for a future personal quest for Gray related to Avernus, for example.

hell_hound_irish_wolfhound_flame_Avernus__610113061 (1).png

hell_hound_irish_wolfhound_flame_Avernus__122350952.jpg

hell_hound_irish_wolfhound_flame_Avernus__3695145763.png

hell_hound_irish_wolfhound_flame_Avernus__1499116706 (1).jpg

Edited by scheele
1 hour ago, scheele said:

at the very beginning of the mission, I searched the whole area near the coalition camp, but, of course, found nothing. Perhaps it would make sense to give some sort of non-obvious hint that searching in that location will yield nothing?

Hi @scheele, the first time around there should be the journal entry ~Theft from the Flaming Fist Storage Tent

There is no trace of the ham to be found, at least not here. We'll have to see whether more pieces of it will turn up. With the size of that hock, I am sure there will be - question is where.~

which I hoped would make it clear. I can extend on the given hints when Grey sniffs without results (in the wrong areas), e.g. by adding something to the line ~(Grey can't pick up the scent. There is no trace of it at this spot.)~.

Thank you for the feedback and the kind words! It was fun to create the quest.

To the SoA idea: I appreciate your interest in the mod, but I prefer Grey to stay a normal dog. That was the original mod design from Rabain and me.