Graphic issues with created bam-files for items. Advice would be welcome

1 hour ago, Alexander12 said:

Thank you, this is truly a revelation for me. I didn't know it. I did it, but there is still green edge on your screen here and here too, in another example, this is a description icon  of another item, but the matter is the same:

24956bcdc75c.png

I edited one green color, but what should be done with other green colours? In this way i had to edit all of them to 0-255-0? DLTCEP doesn't allow to change them to 0-255-0. And they are not 0-254-0, for example this one is 11-233-05. The base colour of background was 0-255-0 here. I understand, that you advice another method, but i'd like to try and finish with this one first, if possible.

That was your BAM, I just showed how to set the trans color and locate it properly in the palette using DLTCEP.  As to the green halo:  again, this is caused by semi-transparent anti-aliasing with the background color.  Ideally, you should handle/account for this BEFORE importing it into DLTCEP.  There are a variety methods that can be used to accomplish this which could be discussed at length, but the actual implementation will remain dependent on which program(s) you use.  I can't figure out how to do what you want in DLTCEP, so if you insist on trying to fix the green halo with that tool, you'll have to look elsewhere for advice.

7 hours ago, Alexander12 said:

Thanks for remark, i hope this can be forgiven, as i am not a native english speaker.

That's like 90% of us, I for example are from Finland. And a think to keep in mind is, there's no Standard Enlish any more.

8 hours ago, Sam. said:

That was your BAM, I just showed how to set the trans color and locate it properly in the palette using DLTCEP.  As to the green halo:  again, this is caused by semi-transparent anti-aliasing with the background color.  Ideally, you should handle/account for this BEFORE importing it into DLTCEP.  There are a variety methods that can be used to accomplish this which could be discussed at length, but the actual implementation will remain dependent on which program(s) you use.  I can't figure out how to do what you want in DLTCEP, so if you insist on trying to fix the green halo with that tool, you'll have to look elsewhere for advice.

Ok, thanks

On 8/12/2020 at 4:26 AM, Sam. said:

REM EE-only single frame item icon with transparency, no shadow
magick.exe convert original.png -background lime -alpha Background -fill lime -fuzz 25%% -opaque none -trim -sample 64x64^> CloakA.png
"D:\Program Files\GitHub Projects\PS-BAM\PS BAM_x64.exe" --AdvancedFLTCompression 1 --AdvancedZlibCompress 2 --AllowShortPalette 1 --AlphaCutoff 10 --AutodetectPalettedBAM 1 --AutodetectPalettedThreshold 500 --BAMProfile "Zero" --Compress 1 --DebugLevelL 1 --DebugLevelP 2 --DebugLevelS 1 --DropDuplicateFrameData 1 --DropDuplicateFrameEntries 1 --DropDuplicatePaletteEntries 1 --DropEmptyCycleEntries 1 --DropUnusedFrameData 1 --DropUnusedFrameEntries 1 --DropUnusedPaletteEntries 1 --ExportFrames "" --ExportFramesAsSequences 0 --ExportPalette "" --ExtraTrimBuffer 2 --ExtraTrimDepth 3 --FindBestRLEIndex 0 --FixPaletteColorErrors 1 --FLTSanityCutoff 720 --ForceShadowColor 2 --ForceTransColor 1 --IntelligentRLE 1 --ItemIcon2EE 0 --MaxRLERun 255 --OrderOfOperations PCE --ReduceFrameColumnLT 1 --ReduceFramePixelLT 1 --ReduceFrameRowLT 1 --ReplacePalette "" --ReplacePaletteMethod Quant --Rotate 0 --Save "BAM" --SearchTransColor 1 --SetXOffset "" --SetYOffset "" --SingleGIF 0 --TrimFrameData 1 --Unify 0 --VerifyOutput 0 --zopfliIterations 5000 --LogFile "D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM\Log.txt" --OutPath "D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM" "D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM\CloakA.png"
del CloakA.png

REM EE+Classic item icon, no transparency, with shadow
magick.exe convert original.png -background lime -alpha Background -fill lime -fuzz 25%% -opaque none -alpha off -trim CloakB.png
magick.exe convert CloakB.png -fill "#00FF00" -opaque "#000000" -trim -sample 60x60^> RemoveShadow.png
magick.exe convert RemoveShadow.png -fill "#000000" +opaque "#00FF00" -bordercolor "#00FF00" -border 4 Shadow.png
magick.exe convert RemoveShadow.png -transparent "#00FF00" RemoveShadow.png
magick.exe composite RemoveShadow.png Shadow.png NewWithShadow.bmp
magick.exe convert NewWithShadow.bmp -trim -type Palette -compress none BMP3:CloakB_Sequence_0000_Frame_0000.bmp
magick.exe convert CloakB.png -sample 32x32^> -trim -type Palette -compress none BMP3:CloakB_Sequence_0001_Frame_0000.bmp
del CloakB.png Shadow.png RemoveShadow.png NewWithShadow.bmp
"D:\Program Files\GitHub Projects\PS-BAM\PS BAM_x64.exe" --AdvancedFLTCompression 1 --AdvancedZlibCompress 2 --AllowShortPalette 1 --AlphaCutoff 10 --AutodetectPalettedBAM 1 --AutodetectPalettedThreshold 500 --BAMProfile "ItemIcon" --Compress 1 --DebugLevelL 1 --DebugLevelP 2 --DebugLevelS 1 --DropDuplicateFrameData 1 --DropDuplicateFrameEntries 1 --DropDuplicatePaletteEntries 1 --DropEmptyCycleEntries 1 --DropUnusedFrameData 1 --DropUnusedFrameEntries 1 --DropUnusedPaletteEntries 1 --ExportFrames "" --ExportFramesAsSequences 0 --ExportPalette "" --ExtraTrimBuffer 2 --ExtraTrimDepth 3 --FindBestRLEIndex 0 --FixPaletteColorErrors 1 --FLTSanityCutoff 720 --ForceShadowColor 2 --ForceTransColor 1 --IntelligentRLE 1 --ItemIcon2EE 1 --MaxRLERun 255 --OrderOfOperations PCE --ReduceFrameColumnLT 1 --ReduceFramePixelLT 1 --ReduceFrameRowLT 1 --ReplacePalette "" --ReplacePaletteMethod Quant --Rotate 0 --Save "BAM" --SearchTransColor 1 --SetXOffset "" --SetYOffset "" --SingleGIF 0 --TrimFrameData 1 --Unify 0 --VerifyOutput 0 --zopfliIterations 5000 --LogFile "D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM\Log.txt" --OutPath "D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM" "D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM\CloakB_Sequence_0000_Frame_0000.bmp"
del CloakB_Sequence_0000_Frame_0000.bmp CloakB_Sequence_0001_Frame_0000.bmp

REM Hybrid item icon, no transparency, with shadow.
magick.exe convert original.png -background lime -alpha Background -fill lime -fuzz 25%% -opaque none -alpha off -trim CloakC.png
magick.exe convert CloakC.png -fill "#00FF00" -opaque "#000000" -trim -sample 60x60^> RemoveShadow.png
magick.exe convert RemoveShadow.png -fill "#000000" +opaque "#00FF00" -bordercolor "#00FF00" -border 4 Shadow.png
magick.exe convert RemoveShadow.png -transparent "#00FF00" RemoveShadow.png
magick.exe composite RemoveShadow.png Shadow.png NewWithShadow.bmp
magick.exe convert NewWithShadow.bmp -trim -type Palette -compress none BMP3:CloakC_Sequence_0000_Frame_0000.bmp
magick.exe convert CloakC.png -fill "#00FF00" -opaque "#000000" -trim -sample 64x64^> -background lime -type Palette -compress none BMP3:CloakC_Sequence_0000_Frame_0001.bmp
magick.exe convert CloakC.png -sample 32x32^> -trim -type Palette -compress none BMP3:CloakC_Sequence_0001_Frame_0000.bmp
del CloakC.png Shadow.png RemoveShadow.png NewWithShadow.bmp
"D:\Program Files\GitHub Projects\PS-BAM\PS BAM_x64.exe" --AdvancedFLTCompression 1 --AdvancedZlibCompress 2 --AllowShortPalette 1 --AlphaCutoff 10 --AutodetectPalettedBAM 1 --AutodetectPalettedThreshold 500 --BAMProfile "ItemIcon" --Compress 1 --DebugLevelL 1 --DebugLevelP 2 --DebugLevelS 1 --DropDuplicateFrameData 1 --DropDuplicateFrameEntries 1 --DropDuplicatePaletteEntries 1 --DropEmptyCycleEntries 1 --DropUnusedFrameData 1 --DropUnusedFrameEntries 1 --DropUnusedPaletteEntries 1 --ExportFrames "" --ExportFramesAsSequences 0 --ExportPalette "" --ExtraTrimBuffer 2 --ExtraTrimDepth 3 --FindBestRLEIndex 0 --FixPaletteColorErrors 1 --FLTSanityCutoff 720 --ForceShadowColor 2 --ForceTransColor 1 --IntelligentRLE 1 --ItemIcon2EE 1 --MaxRLERun 255 --OrderOfOperations PCE --ReduceFrameColumnLT 1 --ReduceFramePixelLT 1 --ReduceFrameRowLT 1 --ReplacePalette "" --ReplacePaletteMethod Quant --Rotate 0 --Save "BAM" --SearchTransColor 1 --SetXOffset "" --SetYOffset "" --SingleGIF 0 --TrimFrameData 1 --Unify 0 --VerifyOutput 0 --zopfliIterations 5000 --LogFile "D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM\Log.txt" --OutPath "D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM" "D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM\CloakC_Sequence_0000_Frame_0000.bmp"
del CloakC_Sequence_0000_Frame_0000.bmp CloakC_Sequence_0000_Frame_0001.bmp CloakC_Sequence_0001_Frame_0000.bmp

Pause

I have installed ImageMagic and PS-Bam.

So this is the whole path to transform original PNG to BAM with shadow? The original PNG is CloackA.png here?

Couldn't you tell me please what is Log.txt?

And BAT-file: i should create a txt-file, write there all these command-lines with proper locations of exe-files, and then change file's extension to BAT? And how can i run this file afterwards? What exe.file or program should i use?

Edited by Alexander12
9 hours ago, Alexander12 said:

So this is the whole path to transform original PNG to BAM with shadow?

The code you quoted is creating the three BAMs I posted before.  The lines that start with "REM" are comments and describe the BAM to be created by the following lines.  The 2nd and 3rd one add shadows.  The top one does not.

The original PNG is CloackA.png here?

"original.png" is the original PNG here in all three cases.  Anything else is just an in-between file until the BAMs are created.

Couldn't you tell me please what is Log.txt?

It logs the console output to a file.  You can pick any path and filename you want, or pass a blank string via double quotes ("") to disable it.  Or just leave those parameters out to disable it.

And BAT-file: i should create a txt-file, write there all these command-lines with proper locations of exe-files, and then change file's extension to BAT?

Yes.  Exactly this.

And how can i run this file afterwards? What exe.file or program should i use?

You should just be able to double click it to run it.  Or Right-Click it and select "Open" or "Run".  If you really must run it through a program (you shouldn't need to) it would be the command prompt (cmd.exe).

Edited by Sam.
On 8/16/2020 at 7:38 AM, Sam. said:

The code you quoted is creating the three BAMs I posted before.  The lines that start with "REM" are comments and describe the BAM to be created by the following lines.  The 2nd and 3rd one add shadows.  The top one does not.

"original.png" is the original PNG here in all three cases.  Anything else is just an in-between file until the BAMs are created.

It logs the console output to a file.  You can pick any path and filename you want, or pass a blank string via double quotes ("") to disable it.  Or just leave those parameters out to disable it.

Yes.  Exactly this.

You should just be able to double click it to run it.  Or Right-Click it and select "Open" or "Run".  If you really must run it through a program (you shouldn't need to) it would be the command prompt (cmd.exe).

Thank you, i have just returned to this. I made the same names of locations where it was possible, in order not to miss smth accidentally. As the names of images.

56bc1565d8cc.png

17395b393283.png

But still i am making mistakes. And don't understand the base. When i change this code.txt to BAT and press on it - nothing happens.

What should i type in Log.txt? The final BAM - CloakB will be placed in D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM? - according to your code? (№2).

And should i locate the original.png also in this location? And is there any difference where to locate this txt-BAT file? And how to call it?

code.txt

Edited by Alexander12
20 minutes ago, Alexander12 said:

When i change this code.txt to BAT and press on it - nothing happens.

Make sure the file name is really "code.bat" and not "code.bat.txt".  To make sure, you will need to enable showing file extensions in the explorer window.  Also, add a new line at the end of the file that says "Pause".  This will give you a chance to see what is going on.  Also, the location of "magick.exe" must either be in your system path, or you must explicitly give the full path in the BAT file.

22 minutes ago, Alexander12 said:

What should i type in Log.txt?

Nothing.  It is an output, not an input.  Please post this file for me to review, as it may help me understand what is going on.

23 minutes ago, Alexander12 said:

The final BAM - CloakB will be placed in D:\AutoHotkey Scripts\Alexander12 BAM? - according to your code?

Yes.

23 minutes ago, Alexander12 said:

17395b393283.png

The ".\PS BAM (files)" folder MUST be located in the same folder as the EXE.

50 minutes ago, Alexander12 said:

And should i locate the original.png also in this location? And is there any difference where to locate this txt-BAT file? And how to call it?

Whichever directory you run your BAT from is your working directory.  Any file not also in this directory will need an explicit path specified.  It can simplify your BAT file somewhat to have everything in the same directory, but putting ImageMagick, PS BAM, your BAT file, and the images in the same directory can clutter things up.  It's a personal preference.

On 9/4/2020 at 3:35 AM, Sam. said:

Make sure the file name is really "code.bat" and not "code.bat.txt".  To make sure, you will need to enable showing file extensions in the explorer window.  Also, add a new line at the end of the file that says "Pause".  This will give you a chance to see what is going on.  Also, the location of "magick.exe" must either be in your system path, or you must explicitly give the full path in the BAT file.

Yes, the extension is correct. Now, when i added "Pause", it runs, but gives a lot of mistakes.

I should choose one of these blocks (according to what type of BAM i need) and add Pause at the end, right?

981e4ae28da6.png

The location of "magick.exe" at my computer is - D:\Games\ImageMagick\ImageMagick-6.9.11-Q16.  I see, that you type the location of PS-BAM in your code -

"D:\Program Files\GitHub Projects\PS-BAM\PS BAM_x64.exe"

but i don't see the way of magic.exe. it goes only as magick.exe.

I have installed ImageMagic, but i can't find magick.exe among the .exe files:

38e5c0687b63.png

Edited by Alexander12
2 hours ago, Alexander12 said:

I should choose one of these blocks (according to what type of BAM i need) and add Pause at the end, right?

Yes

but i don't see the way of magic.exe. it goes only as magick.exe.

I have installed ImageMagic, but i can't find magick.exe among the .exe files:

You are using an older version.  Instead of "magick.exe convert" use "convert.exe".  Adding the full path to the BAT file never hurts.

The ".\PS BAM (files)" folder MUST be located in the same folder as the EXE.

What is it and how can i create it?

It comes in the same download as PS BAM.exe (and the 64-bit equivalent).  Just extract the entire archive to the folder where you want it.

11 hours ago, Sam. said:

It comes in the same download as PS BAM.exe (and the 64-bit equivalent).  Just extract the entire archive to the folder where you want it.

Thanks, Сouldn't you tell please, if these a those files?

8b23b20bb7d7.png

PS Bam files -

0775a4e92768.png

And here they are

aedb9416099a.png

And what about these files? They are not necessary?

c34bd95ba48e.png

3 hours ago, Alexander12 said:

Is it the latest version?

The latest version at time of posting is ImageMagick-7.0.10-29.  Always get it from the official website.

4 hours ago, Alexander12 said:

Thanks, Сouldn't you tell please, if these a those files?

Those are the correct files.  Make sure to maintain the folder structure.

4 hours ago, Alexander12 said:

And what about these files? They are not necessary?

Correct, unless you are running on 32-bit architecture in which case use "PS BAM.exe" instead of "PS BAM_64.exe".

20 hours ago, Sam. said:

You are using an older version.  Instead of "magick.exe convert" use "convert.exe".  Adding the full path to the BAT file never hurts.

Thanks again, and couldn't you tell me please, if magick.exe in my computer is located in this location: D:\Games\ImageMagick\ImageMagick-7.0.10-Q16-HDRI

- where should i add this way in code? In which line?

f51ab85862d3.png

code.txt