Endless BG1 - Mod Introduction

jastey

Endless BG1 Modification

for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BGT, and EET.

For the EE games, the main aim of this mod is to provide the possibility to remain in the BG1 "world" after Sarevok is defeated. Original progressing/ending of the game will be done by talking to Duke Belt inside the Palace.
For EET, it also adds the possibility to move on to BGII by skipping SoD completely. This was included because it was easy to add, not because I think it should be skipped. (Also note that there might be mods that expect SoD events to have happened in BGII).

For BGT, the main component of the mod adds some praise for the PC to Duke Belt's dialogue and removes some oversights with regard to references to Sarevok after he died.

There are several optional components that give more flavor to the situation and prepare for the SoD story events in all games. For most additional content I was inspired by how Baldur's Gate city looks in SoD. Two components are for SoD/EET only.

Content:

1. Main Component (Required)
  2. More Flavor to Hero of Baldur's Gate (Includes PC's Residence Inside Palace)
  3. Short Public Hero Tribute (SoD/EET Only)
  4. Sarevok's Unique Items
  5. Sarevok's Sword
  6. Imoen and Duke Jannath (Imoen Gets Residence Inside Palace)
  7. Duke Eltan Is in the Palace
  8. Flaming Fist After Final Fight
  9. Elminster Makes an Appearance
  10. First Refugees Come to Baldur's Gate (SoD/EET Only)
  11. Ophyllis the Treasurer Is Inside Palace Dungeon (SoD/EET Only)
  12. Denkod in Thieves' Guild Comments on Sarevok's Death
  13. Skip Thieves' Maze Once After Sarevok's Death
  14. Korlasz' Dungeon is in BG1
  15. Fenster the Palace Healer Is in the Palace
  16. Captain Corwin Is in the Palace

Read the Readme: English, German

Visit Modpage at G3

Modpage at Kerzenburgforum

Download the Mod

Download at GitHub

About Skip Thieves Maze once after Sarevok's Death

The readme says : After Sarevok's Death, the exit of the Undercity will skip the Thieves' Maze once and lead directly into the Thieves' Guild. After going in that direction once, the normal entrances will be reactivated so that the Thieves' Maze can be visited normally after that.

So this component just changes the order ? I mean the purpose of this component is to visit the Thieves'Guild first and give acces to trhe Thieves' Maze on the return.

I guess it is more content wise or logical to do that way ?

Edited by Mordekaie
3 minutes ago, Mordekaie said:

So this component just changes the order ? I mean the purpose of this component is to visit the Thieves'Guild first and give acces to trhe Thieves' Maze on the return.

I don't think so if I got right what you mean. The component does the following: Before the fight with Sarvok in the Undercity Temple, nothing is changed. After he is killed, the way back into the city is quicker by skipping the maze upon leaving the Undercity, letting the party go to the Thieves' Guild directly. But only once: the maze can now be entered again, and going back to the Undercity and back to the Thieves' Maze will go through the maze.

This component just makes the way back quicker. It has no ingame explanation for skipping the maze, you can just head canon that the group made their way through it.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

I don't think so if I got right what you mean. The component does the following: Before the fight with Sarvok in the Undercity Temple, nothing is changed. After he is killed, the way back into the city is quicker by skipping the maze upon leaving the Undercity, letting the party go to the Thieves' Guild directly. But only once: the maze can now be entered again, and going back to the Undercity and back to the Thieves' Maze will go through the maze.

This component just makes the way back quicker. It has no ingame explanation for skipping the maze, you can just head canon that the group made their way through it.

Ok i get it. The party went through a one time shortcut ! :) I like that : i keep this component. My father always says : Never miss a shortcup !

Questions about two component — their descriptions are unclear:

Sarevok's Unique Items

This component adds unique items to Sarevok that he will drop upon his death: special armor and helmet.

Sarevok will drop the items upon his death. They can be looted then.

(A) Are Sarevok's special armor and helmet added into his inventory before his death? i.e., he equips and uses those items in the final battle.

Or,

(B) The armor and helmet are only for looting purpose?  i.e., Sarevok does not actually use those items in the battle. He only drops them upon his death.

Duke Eltan Is in the Palace

With this component installed, Duke Eltan will also be alive and in the palace. This component also removes Duke Eltan from the Harbormaster's Building in case he was introduced there e.g. by older versions of bg1re and/or by bg1ub.

(A) Does this component completely removes Duke Eltan from the Harbormaster's Building so he never appears there?

Or,

(B) Does it removes him only after Sarevok is killed? i.e., if BG1 Unfinished Business was installed, he could encountered in the Harbormaster's Building until after Sarevok is killed, then afterward he would be moved into the palace.

Edited by ktchong