Need help with starting to make UI mod for IWD: EE (Steam)

Greetings!

After some time I decided to learn how to draw to achieve some money by making a video-game or anime, and laso I like to play in video-games so I decided to play in IWD: EE, then in IWD2: EE, then probably in SoD and BG2: EE. I have created a custom portrait for IWD: EE, I will create some biography for my MC, and so on... But the point, I am as usually discovered that IWD has white font on black, which is annoying for me and harmful for eyes if read a lot you, and in this games you need read a lot ofc... So I decided to make a little bit different new UI for IWD. I have some experience in the long past with BG UI mods, but I have forgot almost anything, that because I need short help...

— What software to download?

— How to use this software to modify UI of the Steam version of IWD: EE?

After I will start, I will probably bother this forum in section Mods Q&A. Thank you in advance for the answers!

Hello,

You need NearInfinity to extract the file related to the UI (mostly UI.menu) and extract/create resources (BAM/MOS files). Then any text editor as UI.menu is just a regular text file and also probably an image editor to edit/create new texture.

If you already have done some UI modification for BGEE, it's the same for IWDEE.

Edited by lefreut

Already figured it myself, and downloaded Nearinfinity. Is there any particular manual, or how-to? Difference on Steam version? I have already done some modification to BG: EE, BG2: EE, SoD, but it's was long time ago... My target in IWD: EE is change background images and text colors. This is example how I have done in in the BG.

Spoiler

So-D-Inventor.jpg

So-D-Inventor-modified.jpg

Top original SoD Inventory UI, the bottom my mod. Also I want to rewalktrought BG1/2/SoD after IWD. My aim with a mod to make comfort paly — make black font of the white background.

Edited by frostysh
Added spoiler