What is the highest probable level around the time of Throne of Bhaal?

temnix

At what level characters, priests in particular, usually come into the expansion? Assuming they have gone through all of the content in Shadows of Amn and will have only the expansion for more experience, for a party of six?

Around 3 000 000 xp, so that's around level 21. It could very well be less... but around there. And of course this is the SoA content without mods or changes that alter things. As that's the original SoA XP cap.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

In my current BGEE-SOD- BG2EE playthrough, I still haven't started any quest from Lava's MOD /The Sellswords MOD / Watcher's  Keep, just finished every vanilla thing in Chapter 2, and I have reached 3 000 000 xp already while doing Phaere's quest in Underdark...

I just did few minor quests from Isra, Adrian and Xan NPC MOD, and I don't thing the experience I gained from there is significant...

I wonder why I have so much exp.... 

11 minutes ago, marcnivar said:

I wonder why I have so much exp....

I would say that your BG2 starting XP was quite high, and not say 89 000 xp it's in non-EE BG1 game. This will then give your higher amount of XP in BG2EE, as your thief is at a higher level, which causes the xpbonus.2da gain grow with levels, and you encounter higher level opponents, giving you more XP. There's a reason why the xp penalty mods were implemented. PS, the nonEE-BG1 didn't feature XP bonuses from scribing spells, disabling traps, nor unlocking doors.

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

I would say that your BG2 starting XP was quite high, and not say 89 000 xp it's in non-EE BG1 game. This will then give your higher amount of XP in BG2EE, as your thief is at a higher level, which causes the xpbonus.2da gain grow with levels, and you encounter higher level opponents, giving you more XP. There's a reason why the xp penalty mods were implemented. PS, the nonEE-BG1 didn't feature XP bonuses from scribing spells, disabling traps, nor unlocking doors.

Didn't install any quest mod in BG1, only did 2 mod quests for Aura and Drake NPC mod, but I removed level cap, after SOD my charname had around 580k exp...

I guess I will remove exp from traps and chests, and reduce exp from enemy and quest to around 75% for my future game...

25 minutes ago, marcnivar said:

after SOD my charname had around 580k exp...

And that's about the XP amount it should have for the SoD adventure. Thing is, the SoA adventure was not really made for those amounts and it does make it easier.

The other amount of xp non-EE games had was the TotSC xp cap that was 161 000. And any gamer that had a BGT-weidu could have as much as they wanted on that journey, especially with mods like DS/NT-otSC, Bone Hill etc but it rarely, to my knowledge exceeded the 500 000 xp amount that we are talking about here. Of course there were NeJ etc mod that made the thing go off the charts even before you realistically entered to Amn.

Also one needs to realize that as the XP table is an incremental and not exponential, the difference between 161 000 and 500 000 is couple of levels, even past the level 20. So it matters. Now of course, depending on what you exactly want, the levels don't actually make that much of a difference there, as for example there are 25th level mages in SoA, and they can use their extra levels if for example the SCS is installed. So ... to each of their own.