Reviews for NPC and Quest MODs for BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE and IWD2

On 4/9/2021 at 12:36 AM, The_Baffled_King said:

It's the native English speakers who should feel lucky that you've put the effort in so they can understand you!

So... if you want to cover yourself, you could always say that you're not a native English speaker. Or whatever - you do you. But I always hate the thought that people who have made the effort to communicate in my native language genuinely feel bad about, or feel they have to apologise for, any mistakes they might make.

Finally one who says it. I can't even recount how many times i have been thoroughly harrassed by english native speakers merely because i dared commit the sin of suggesting that in my home country, people do not care all that much about english and like to learn more useful (for us) languages, like spanish, or more interesting ones (for us) like russian or japanese. A few times, they even dared say stuff in the lines of "Language is about communicating. You obviously have to learn english. That you seem not to understand that much shows how people in your country really are a**holes". Being taught about "intercultural communication" by such people who only know their mother tongue is more than cringe. All the more so when they are being so casual about it, speaking in an almost jocular way as if you were an idiot who couldn't see what was so obvious for those in the world who are in the know... Without giving a damn about the fact that the whole conversation was me making the efforts to write in their language so that they could feel entiteld to insult me XD. So, i feel the need to note that for once, for the first time ever, i see one who actually makes sense. And i wanted to thank you for that. I marvel every day at how bad a case of OCD i have, that makes me perfect my english forevermore despite everything.

========================================================

I bookmarked this forum page, because it is so useful. Are you chinese? Japanese? You probably are not used to latin letters. One thing is for sure, if using latin letters is as hard for you as it is for me to use hiraganas/katakanas (let alone kanjis), then be proud of yourself, and never apologize to anyone for having poured in more efforts than 90% of those who read you. You owe them (or me) nothing. I really appreciate the reviews and feedback, though, and i may be inspired to write some myself at some point, granted, it is useful to someone, and i finally manage to install my game properly.

I suggest Yeslick, Branwen and Alora NPCs. They are versions of BG1 NPCs characters for BG2, like Ajantis or Xan. They seem promising, but obviously, i haven't had the chance to try them yet (still struggling with load orders). But if you liked Ajantis and Xan, maybe these ones may prove to be worth a try, too?

Edited by Nox