Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

31 minutes ago, GawainBS said:

Thanks, it looks like it installed just fine now. I'd attach the new Debug file, but it's 570 kb.

Mighty kind of you to react this fast!

I play almost the exact same way: physical damage and magic is there to buff/dispel. 😉

It's my preferred way to play and what I built these scripts around. Happy it works for you now and I'll get it released today.

55 minutes ago, quarryman said:

Sure. I would love to get it working, I think it would solve all my remaining issues with the game.

SETUP-ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.DEBUG 71.5 kB · 0 downloads

This should fix the warnings you received. As far as the script text, are you running any other mods? What OS are you using? Do you by chance have the games dialog.tlk open when doing the install (e.g. eekeeper)?

EDIT: I have tested on a unmodded steam game along with a heavily modded version with no issues regarding the script text. Both installs are on windows.

enhanced-powergaming-scripts-v12.3.1.exe

Edited by morpheus562
9 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

This should fix the warnings you received. As far as the script text, are you running any other mods? What OS are you using? Do you by chance have the games dialog.tlk open when doing the install (e.g. eekeeper)?

enhanced-powergaming-scripts-v12.3.1.exe 1.9 MB · 0 downloads

Nope. Fresh install. No mods. Even started a new game. That update removed the warnings but still showing "Invalid" in the Scripts  UI :( 

I'm running Steam OS (linux). I think it might be WINE behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, quarryman said:

Nope. Fresh install. No mods. Even started a new game. That update removed the warnings but still showing "Invalid" in the Scripts  UI :( 

I'm running Steam OS (linux). I think it might be WINE behind the scenes.

Hmm... I'm not a Linux/wine user, so I'm not sure what the nuances are behind the scenes related to UI. Can you send me your UI.menu file along with your L_EN_US.lua file?

1 hour ago, quarryman said:

I'm a SW dev so would love to help with the debug...

UI.MENU 539.51 kB · 0 downloads L_EN_US.LUA 48.41 kB · 0 downloads

It appears the Menu.ui is very different from how the windows one is written.

EDIT: I did some tweaking to update lines within the UI.MENU that you sent me. I cannot confirm if it works, but it might. Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

EDIT2: What version of IWDEE are you using?

UI.MENU

Edited by morpheus562
16 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

It appears the Menu.ui is very different from how the windows one is written.

EDIT: I did some tweaking to update lines within the UI.MENU that you sent me. I cannot confirm if it works, but it might. Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

EDIT2: What version of IWDEE are you using?

UI.MENU 540.74 kB · 0 downloads

Just to confirm, which UI.MENU do you need? I gave you the one from the IWD folder not Override

I'm attaching the one from Override this time as it seems to be different. I removed the one from the IWD folder and the game still loaded fine so I don't think its used.

./.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition/3ed/Core/Proficiencies/Bg2/UI.MENU
./.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition/3ed/LUA/Bg2/UI.MENU
./.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition/3ed/LUA/Iwd/UI.MENU
./.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition/override/UI.MENU

UI.MENU (from override folder this time) https://filebin.net/t94oom5ie1eke2kf

EDIT: I am using v2.6.6.0 of IWD

Edited by quarryman
38 minutes ago, quarryman said:

Just to confirm, which UI.MENU do you need? I gave you the one from the IWD folder not Override

I'm attaching the one from Override this time as it seems to be different. I removed the one from the IWD folder and the game still loaded fine so I don't think its used.

./.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition/3ed/Core/Proficiencies/Bg2/UI.MENU
./.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition/3ed/LUA/Bg2/UI.MENU
./.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition/3ed/LUA/Iwd/UI.MENU
./.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition/override/UI.MENU

UI.MENU (from override folder this time) https://filebin.net/t94oom5ie1eke2kf

EDIT: I am using v2.6.6.0 of IWD

Okay, I did a compare and your ui.menu is binary the same as mine for an unmodded iwdee game with every line matching. I'm guessing at this point something is going on with the way linux/wine interacts with the ui.menu and I am not sure exactly what is giving it issues  there.

5 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Okay, I did a compare and your ui.menu is binary the same as mine for an unmodded iwdee game with every line matching. I'm guessing at this point something is going on with the way linux/wine interacts with the ui.menu and I am not sure exactly what is giving it issues  there.

Ok. I'll play around and see what I can figure out. None of the warnings I was getting were related to the issue?

Just now, quarryman said:

Ok. I'll play around and see what I can figure out. None of the warnings I was getting were related to the issue?

Nope, IWDEE does not have Mazzy and the warnings were because Mazzy unique abilities were present in your scripts. Those have been updated.

16 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Nope, IWDEE does not have Mazzy and the warnings were because Mazzy unique abilities were present in your scripts. Those have been updated.

So from some playing around I I think the scripts might be active but I have no way to adjust them via the UI due to this issue.

However, the only character I really wanted to use them for was my Sorcerer. She refuses to cast Magic Missile using any of the IWD scripts. So my options are:

1. Figure out if I can hack the IWD scripts to get my magic characters to cast offensive spells.

2. Use your enhanced scripts by editing the options in the files somehow and ignore the UI. 

Can you indicate how I can modify the scripts directly? I see BS files in /scripts. From opening them in an editor they seem unreadable:

SC
CR
CO
TR
16399 0 0 0 0 "LOCALSBDAI_ATTACK_MODE" "" OB
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ""OB
TR
CO
RS
RE
100AC
30OB

Is there a tool/method that I can edit these and load the game to test? I'd be interested in following whatever your mod creation steps are. I guess I need to read up on WEIDU?

Edit: extra question: when the mod exe is running and it indicates "Patching file..." does that mean its modifying IWD game files? If not, is a clean uninstall just removing the enhanced-powergaming-scripts folder? Or do I need to re-run the uninstall to cleanly revert everything? I just want to determine my method for getting back to default why I experiment.

Edited by quarryman