Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

1 minute ago, zuulforrest said:

It is indeed, I'm checking to see if the spell was cast by looking at the spellbook to see if the spell was used.  There's no way to keep up with the buff animations lol..  The AoFD graphic is also easy to spot 😛

Are you using the SCS component where HLAs are cast as innates instead of spells? That may be the cause as I cast off the spell which I'm guessing is different than the innate SCS creates. For Physical Mirror and Shield of the Archons, are you using any mods that alters those spells?

1 minute ago, morpheus562 said:

Are you using the SCS component where HLAs are cast as innates instead of spells? That may be the cause as I cast off the spell which I'm guessing is different than the innate SCS creates. For Physical Mirror and Shield of the Archons, are you using any mods that alters those spells?

Is SCS Sword Coast Stratagems?  If so then no, this is in IWDEE.  And I don't have any mods that change spells, I think, unless the iwdfixpack does something.  The rest are NPC, quest and item stuffs, and the Tweaks Anthology.  The only other things I have is the Familiar component from TomeAndBlood, then Skills and Abilities to add the HLAs to IWD.

6 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Hmm. Let me do some digging as IWDEE has some nuances from Baldur's Gate.

Okie dokie, thank you!  It's really weird because it did work a few times before, I buffed 3 or 4 times successfully around level 34ish as a Cleric, dualed from 49 Thief.  I didn't try for the next 15 levels or so until I dinged back into dualed Thief.  I wish I could provide better info :(

Either way, thank you for taking the time to look into it.

Edited by zuulforrest

Hi @morpheus562 - your great work continues, love these scripts. Once again Thank You for sharing & putting the effort in. I have recently resumed playing BG1 (after a few months break) and started a new campaign utilising a Sorcerer character as the protagonist and have updated Enhanced Powergaming Scripts to v12.0 when you released it a week or so ago (I previously was on v10.4 from December '22) - especially as I noted your Goodberries reference. Some behaviour I have noted with a couple of items that I am not sure if its what you intended (i.e. buggy?) or if you could clarify please:

1. Goodberries usage (v12.0): (a) seems to only trigger if the berries are placed in a quick item slot, rather than in general inventory slots - is this intentional/what you intended? And (b) the script doesn't actually cast the spell, you still need to do this manually? Should (a) they be used even if just in normal inventory rather than a quick slot; and (b) did you include provision for Druid character to cast the spell (if memorised) automatically as part of the inclusion (e.g. if a Druid has it memorised should they immediately cast it after rest much like Stoneskin, Barkskin, etc, to make the Goodberries actually available)? (P.S. I think it's fantastic you have incorporated these  into the script as the spell is actually quite useful for a Druid but game play was a total PIA without any automation.)

2. Melf’s Minute Meteors behaviour (probably not anything v12.0 specific): On this play through as I've used a Sorcerer for the first time with your script I've found the MMM scripting somewhat too aggressive in that it seems to cast them almost immediately at the slightest excuse (I believe it's even occurring without combat to initiate it; but I do need to monitor and reverify that it is what I have observed happening and something else happening isn't the trigger); by extension it also continually recasts them as soon as the prior one is exhausted. I know the threat ranking vs. offensive capability of the Sorcerer's spells at a given level heavily influences this in the scripts and I know my current PC at levels 7-9 (playing at core rule difficulty on this playthrough) make this probably the best offensive spell in the available repertoire (see attached image of spellbook FWIW).

Anyway is this intentional or expected behaviour, as it means (a) I'm experiencing the Sorcerer character almost permanently has their hands unavailable (e.g. obvious thing is can't swap out conventional weapons or have a choice to use a non-fire based weapon if needed) and (b) it exhausts the Sorcerer's Level 3 resources (e.g. ability to cast other things like Dispel MagicSkull TrapHasteSpell Thrust)? And it seems (as indicated above) to trigger these even in very low threat combats (such as when a 'you have been waylaid by enemies' event occurs with something like 2 wolves and you have a party of six level 8-9 characters - in which instance its redundant but once cast you don't use more than one or two of say 9 MMM missiles from the spell and then the balance just simply get lost/wasted as the spell expires while you resume travel (due to the time passed to reach your destination - thereby costing you a level 3 Sorcerer spell casting for a more critical fight on arrival at destination). The travel interruption event is really the issue but the usage of the spell in low-ish threat level events may be?

Just wondering if MMM might benefit from threat level for usage being boosted or tweaked a little (if it works how I'm thinking it works; and its not just a peculiarity of my party character class and level and game difficulty mix right at present?) and/or whether there was value in some sort of ini file 'switch' to override use and limit it to use only when Buffing hot key ('B') trigger happens or something similar? I know the latter may not fit within your game play style and thereby the original objectives for these scripts. 

Anyway appreciate any quick thoughts/feedback, especially on the Goodberries, and as always appreciate the sharing!

sorcerer-spellbook.jpg

Edited by Mycenius
2 hours ago, Mycenius said:

Hi @morpheus562 - your great work continues, love these scripts. Once again Thank You for sharing & putting the effort in. I have recently resumed playing BG1 (after a few months break) and started a new campaign utilising a Sorcerer character as the protagonist and have updated Enhanced Powergaming Scripts to v12.0 when you released it a week or so ago (I previously was on v10.4 from December '22) - especially as I noted your Goodberries reference. Some behaviour I have noted with a couple of items that I am not sure if its what you intended (i.e. buggy?) or if you could clarify please:

1. Goodberries usage (v12.0): (a) seems to only trigger if the berries are placed in a quick item slot, rather than in general inventory slots - is this intentional/what you intended? And (b) the script doesn't actually cast the spell, you still need to do this manually? Should (a) they be used even if just in normal inventory rather than a quick slot; and (b) did you include provision for Druid character to cast the spell (if memorised) automatically as part of the inclusion (e.g. if a Druid has it memorised should they immediately cast it after rest much like Stoneskin, Barkskin, etc, to make the Goodberries actually available)? (P.S. I think it's fantastic you have incorporated these  into the script as the spell is actually quite useful for a Druid but game play was a total PIA without any automation.)

2. Melf’s Minute Meteors behaviour (probably not anything v12.0 specific): On this play through as I've used a Sorcerer for the first time with your script I've found the MMM scripting somewhat too aggressive in that it seems to cast them almost immediately at the slightest excuse (I believe it's even occurring without combat to initiate it; but I do need to monitor and reverify that it is what I have observed happening and something else happening isn't the trigger); by extension it also continually recasts them as soon as the prior one is exhausted. I know the threat ranking vs. offensive capability of the Sorcerer's spells at a given level heavily influences this in the scripts and I know my current PC at levels 7-9 (playing at core rule difficulty on this playthrough) make this probably the best offensive spell in the available repertoire (see attached image of spellbook FWIW).

Anyway is this intentional or expected behaviour, as it means (a) I'm experiencing the Sorcerer character almost permanently has their hands unavailable (e.g. obvious thing is can't swap out conventional weapons or have a choice to use a non-fire based weapon if needed) and (b) it exhausts the Sorcerer's Level 3 resources (e.g. ability to cast other things like Dispel MagicSkull TrapHasteSpell Thrust)? And it seems (as indicated above) to trigger these even in very low threat combats (such as when a 'you have been waylaid by enemies' event occurs with something like 2 wolves and you have a party of six level 8-9 characters - in which instance its redundant but once cast you don't use more than one or two of say 9 MMM missiles from the spell and then the balance just simply get lost/wasted as the spell expires while you resume travel (due to the time passed to reach your destination - thereby costing you a level 3 Sorcerer spell casting for a more critical fight on arrival at destination). The travel interruption event is really the issue but the usage of the spell in low-ish threat level events may be?

Just wondering if MMM might benefit from threat level for usage being boosted or tweaked a little (if it works how I'm thinking it works; and its not just a peculiarity of my party character class and level and game difficulty mix right at present?) and/or whether there was value in some sort of ini file 'switch' to override use and limit it to use only when Buffing hot key ('B') trigger happens or something similar? I know the latter may not fit within your game play style and thereby the original objectives for these scripts. 

Anyway appreciate any quick thoughts/feedback, especially on the Goodberries, and as always appreciate the sharing!

sorcerer-spellbook.jpg

Can goodberries be used from the inventory or only quickslot? I personally don't use them, hence I coded from the quickslot. Auto create goodberries can definitely be done.

For casters, I personally prefer to always have MMM active. I find it a great spell and a way to keep dpr up for casters in-between spellcasts. Are you playing with a mod that puts an expiration on them? In my playthroughs, MMM are permanent until used.

3 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Can goodberries be used from the inventory or only quickslot? I personally don't use them, hence I coded from the quickslot. Auto create goodberries can definitely be done.

For casters, I personally prefer to always have MMM active. I find it a great spell and a way to keep dpr up for casters in-between spellcasts. Are you playing with a mod that puts an expiration on them? In my playthroughs, MMM are permanent until used.

Hi Morpheus - no I think you are right its only quickslot for Goodberries - you can't 'right-click' and choose drink potion like you can with potions... So current behaviour would be correct implementation from that perspective - but I know you have talked about in the past (and in documentation I think) about people 'swapping out' items to use them? So whether that would be a practical/easy addition to script when consuming - as the one downside is loosing one quick slot permanently to having the 'berries in it (much like the old original version of BG1 with Minsc having Boo in quick slot rather than an inventory slot)?

As an aside it took me a while to figure out what these weird Jaihera 'gulps' were in feedback window first day I had v12 installed - as it doesn't say what is being consumed when you have a goodberry... But now I know and I see her regularly going 'gulp'. As a result I haven't stock piled enough to share them with other party members. 😁

Auto Create of Goodberries would be fantastic if you are able & willing. IMO (FWIW) having a Druid auto cast these as soon as they finish any rest (or otherwise earliest after that, similar to Stoneskin, etc) makes most sense - there is no point not to cast them as soon as you can and have them physically in your inventory... As I said in prior post your script for these makes these totally more useful and practical game-wise (as they are kind of a useful filler for L2 Druid Spells which have few if any decent spells - other than Slow Poison which you can only use so many of and maybe Barkskin occassionally). EDIT: I guess would need to think about what happens if no inventory slot empty or already containing goodberries they can be added to...?

Regarding MMM yes they seem to be permanent for me unless you travel - however it might only be if you travel, get waylaid, and the MMM gets cast then and they expire when you complete travel to actual map destination - I'd have to monitor gameplay or try and test and check. I haven't intentionally added a mod to do expiry. FWIW the Mods I have in my BG1 EE install at present (incl. SOD) are (in install sequence):

1. BG: Siege of Dragonspear DLC [STEAM]
2. BG: Faces of Good & Evil DLC [STEAM]
3. DLC Merger 1.3
4. EEex v0.9.16-alpha
5. HiddenGameplayOptions 3.0
6. Spell-Menu-Extended v4.5.3
7. The Tweaks Anthology v16 (CDTweaks)
8. Enhanced Powergaming Scripts v12.0
9. SoD-to-BG2EE Item Upgrade v2.0.5

EDIT Addition:

For casters, I personally prefer to always have MMM active. I find it a great spell and a way to keep dpr up for casters in-between spellcasts.

Yeah agree - great for Mage and similar, a bit more problematic for Sorcerer's I think, as I see burning off their entire complement of L3 casts rapidly on MMM early in a session/'game day' could be critical when you do not have any L3 casts left at a key moment later; as a couple of other key ones are in that level (e.g. Haste/Slow and Dispel)... Just my 2 cents. For a Mage its easy because you manage it via how many you memorise of each...

I assume the MMM is cast under the attacking spell function - in the interim I was thinking I could turn off use offensive spells for my protagonist Sorcerer...?

jaihera-gulp.jpg

Edited by Mycenius
On 4/16/2023 at 12:29 AM, Mycenius said:

Hi Morpheus - no I think you are right its only quickslot for Goodberries - you can't 'right-click' and choose drink potion like you can with potions... So current behaviour would be correct implementation from that perspective - but I know you have talked about in the past (and in documentation I think) about people 'swapping out' items to use them? So whether that would be a practical/easy addition to script when consuming - as the one downside is loosing one quick slot permanently to having the 'berries in it (much like the old original version of BG1 with Minsc having Boo in quick slot rather than an inventory slot)?

As an aside it took me a while to figure out what these weird Jaihera 'gulps' were in feedback window first day I had v12 installed - as it doesn't say what is being consumed when you have a goodberry... But now I know and I see her regularly going 'gulp'. As a result I haven't stock piled enough to share them with other party members. 😁

Auto Create of Goodberries would be fantastic if you are able & willing. IMO (FWIW) having a Druid auto cast these as soon as they finish any rest (or otherwise earliest after that, similar to Stoneskin, etc) makes most sense - there is no point not to cast them as soon as you can and have them physically in your inventory... As I said in prior post your script for these makes these totally more useful and practical game-wise (as they are kind of a useful filler for L2 Druid Spells which have few if any decent spells - other than Slow Poison which you can only use so many of and maybe Barkskin occassionally). EDIT: I guess would need to think about what happens if no inventory slot empty or already containing goodberries they can be added to...?

Regarding MMM yes they seem to be permanent for me unless you travel - however it might only be if you travel, get waylaid, and the MMM gets cast then and they expire when you complete travel to actual map destination - I'd have to monitor gameplay or try and test and check. I haven't intentionally added a mod to do expiry. FWIW the Mods I have in my BG1 EE install at present (incl. SOD) are (in install sequence):

1. BG: Siege of Dragonspear DLC [STEAM]
2. BG: Faces of Good & Evil DLC [STEAM]
3. DLC Merger 1.3
4. EEex v0.9.16-alpha
5. HiddenGameplayOptions 3.0
6. Spell-Menu-Extended v4.5.3
7. The Tweaks Anthology v16 (CDTweaks)
8. Enhanced Powergaming Scripts v12.0
9. SoD-to-BG2EE Item Upgrade v2.0.5

EDIT Addition:

Yeah agree - great for Mage and similar, a bit more problematic for Sorcerer's I think, as I see burning off their entire complement of L3 casts rapidly on MMM early in a session/'game day' could be critical when you do not have any L3 casts left at a key moment later; as a couple of other key ones are in that level (e.g. Haste/Slow and Dispel)... Just my 2 cents. For a Mage its easy because you manage it via how many you memorise of each...

I assume the MMM is cast under the attacking spell function - in the interim I was thinking I could turn off use offensive spells for my protagonist Sorcerer...?

jaihera-gulp.jpg

This should now auto-cast goodberries once the spell is available, and MMM will be included with offensive spells to allow/disallow using the spell. Please let me know your thoughts on the updates.

Edited by morpheus562
23 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Please let me know your thoughts on the updates.

@morpheus562,

Quick initial feed back:

Goodberries - looks good so far - has cast immediately available (after a rest) a couple of times (and also did a test on an old save by using EEKeeper to do the rest/recharge all character's spells in the save when saving an edited copy and then loaded it in BG EE so full complement of spells without resting and Jaihera cast her g'berries within a few seconds, real time, of the load).

Melf's Minute Meteors - I deactivated the Offensive Spells option on my protagonist Sorcerer and once he consumed his current batch of MMM he didn't automatically recast it again - so that's a great option to manage it for Sorcerers; don't expect Mages will need to utilise it (they'll be fine on auto).

(FWIW for me I'll likely activate it for my PC when I'm out of combat wandering around low risk areas like towns & travelling, so script can kick in if PC or party get jumped/surprised; then deactivate it in combat once MMM is cast the first time so I can then manually manage the Sorcerer casting from then while combat is ongoing or more is likely (i.e. dungeon crawling); then reactivate script again once combat likelihood is back to low.)

Will advise if anything further to report. Thanks Again for your support and responsiveness!

🍻

2 minutes ago, Enigmajazz said:

I think this goodberry change will clash with sd's tweak that turns goodberrys into an aoe out of combat regen spell. I don't think a lot can be done about this so I guess it's a case of choose one or the other.

Thank you for the heads up. I'll look into it. If that's the mechanics, I can have the scripts account for it.

I'm back for yet another BG playthrough using the excellent scripts and have noticed a behavior that I don't recall seeing before:

After my berserker's enrage ability ends the scripts trigger healing from the party even if my character took no external damage. With my current party its either Viconia casting or my own character using the Bhaalspawn Cure Light Wounds power. Once again, this is even if my guy took zero damage; it seems to just be the loss of the bonus 15 hp from enrage that is triggering the healing call.

Thanks for the great scripts.

WeiDU.log

Edited by ArtificialEnthusiasm
Problem wasn't with EPS.

Official release for version 12.1 which brings the following enhancements:

• All Games
    • Corrected typo where I had a "." instead of a ",".
    • Added update to script description in English and Russian, courtesy of yota13.
    • Updated Turn Undead and Detect Trap compatibility for Cleric/Thieves.
    • Melf's Minute Meteors are now tied into the enable offensive casting option.
    • Auto-cast Goodberries.

Hi @morpheus562,

Goodberries & MMM working well for me. I've noticed another MMM type scenario, this time with Clerics (Viconia & Glint in SOD) if you have Negative Plane Protection memorised they seem to have cast this off instantly the first time I've buffed twice since initially memorising it - and in Viconia's case she had 2 memorised and has cast the other off too (on the leader - so assume there was some logic there to do leader first then someone else in party if she had had a third)...

Is this controlled by a local proximity threat trigger of some kind by chance (like it knows you are buffing in the vicinity of level draining undead or similar)? Or is it just applying it as a general buff spell? I've noted it twice in my latest game session, but I was in an area where there were some undead nearby (Underground River). I haven't, since it was memorised, buffed in a definitely undead free area to verify/exclude that's why it's applied.

If it is just general buffing would suggest it might not be appropriate, since its very situation specific and very short duration (5 rounds) - but hoping/assuming you are going to tell me it's drawing on nearby threat info from EEex or something to trigger it's use as a buff?