Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I have a question about the fast healing option in the .ini file. I had it working for most of my bg2ee/tob run and once I got the Gargoyle Boots it started acting up. First I noticed Mazzy kept auto equipping them over the Boots of Speed but not casting Stoneskin during buffing and she would just stop running and wouldn't attack even when I did it manually. I did the usual steps you mentioned here like switching the scripts on and off and going back to none. Eventually after reinstalling everything I got everything working normally but the fast healing never went back to normal no matter what I did.

I started IWDEE on Wednesday and everything works perfectly except the fast healing. I did the uninstall/reinstall of EEEX and your mod including setting fast healing to 1 again in the .ini file before reinstalling and it still didn't work. When I last checked the file it had somehow set itself back to 0. But regardless of whether I have it set to 1 or 0 it behaves the same way. The game doesn't seem to be responding to what I have it set to in the file. I'm not on my computer at the moment but I could send the files tomorrow if that helps. I have BGTweaks, Klatu, EEEX, and your script mod installed.

I saw some wonkiness with item usage that is being corrected in v12, those boots included.

As for the ini file, it will only be reverted back to 0 if you don't save your changes when setting it to 1 or if you reinstall the mod because default is 0. I just uninstalled my version of the mod, changed the ini to 1, and reinstalled without issue and the changes occurred as expected. If you can, please send your weidu log, ini, and your mocore.baf files. mocore.baf can be found in enhanced-powergaming-scripts/baf/upload folder within your game folder. Thank you!

Guest Levon

Ok awesome! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Your mod has saved me so much time and carpal tunnel pain already. I hope I formatted this correctly.

Here is Mocore.baf, scripts.ini, and weidu.log:

file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BeamDog/Games/00798/enhanced-powergaming-scripts/baf/upload/mocore.baf
file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BeamDog/Games/00798/enhanced-powergaming-scripts/enhanced-powergaming-scripts.ini
file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BeamDog/Games/00798/WeiDU.log
46 minutes ago, Guest Levon said:

Ok awesome! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Your mod has saved me so much time and carpal tunnel pain already. I hope I formatted this correctly.

Here is Mocore.baf, scripts.ini, and weidu.log:

file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BeamDog/Games/00798/enhanced-powergaming-scripts/baf/upload/mocore.baf
file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BeamDog/Games/00798/enhanced-powergaming-scripts/enhanced-powergaming-scripts.ini
file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BeamDog/Games/00798/WeiDU.log

I'll need the actual files please if you can attach them.

Guest Levon

Yeah I was having trouble posting the links and I was getting a failed security check message that I thought was because of how I was posting the links but it turned out my adblock was just blocking the captchas. So I finally got the post to submit but I hadn't gone back and fixed the post itself. I actually got the fast healing to work immediately after getting the post to submit so I think I'm good.

I hadn't manually deleted the folder for the scripts during the reinstall cycles so I did that and did the switching the ai script to none, save, back to main menu, and back to your script and that worked. I probably spent a good 12+ hours trouble shooting and reading all these threads before I realized I hadn't correctly done the easiest step which fixed it in 30 seconds.

I was just thinking about the fact these scripts will not work with multiclass sorcerers from tome and blood or multishamans/anyone with spontaneous option via faiths and powers. Functionally for the purpose of this mod these work similarly to 5e casting by replacing the spells with (different) innate spells.

This should be fairly easy to include as it would just involve repeating the process done for 5e casting twice more I think but I'm not sure what the implications of this would be for the running of the scripts. The only nuance would be that the table of spell clones for spontaneous casting in fnp would be different depending on whether spheres are installed. Is support for these kits something that could be included? I'm aware it's less important than 5e casting as it only affects some kits rather than all non sorcerers.

On a side note, I'm thinking the scripts are probably not able to pick up fnp focus access spells which are spells that cast the spell one level early. It feels like this could be included in a similar way but as it is a subset of the spells for each class (with only a small number of these being actually relevant to the scripts) so this seems to be even less important.

2 hours ago, Enigmajazz said:

I was just thinking about the fact these scripts will not work with multiclass sorcerers from tome and blood or multishamans/anyone with spontaneous option via faiths and powers. Functionally for the purpose of this mod these work similarly to 5e casting by replacing the spells with (different) innate spells.

This should be fairly easy to include as it would just involve repeating the process done for 5e casting twice more I think but I'm not sure what the implications of this would be for the running of the scripts. The only nuance would be that the table of spell clones for spontaneous casting in fnp would be different depending on whether spheres are installed. Is support for these kits something that could be included? I'm aware it's less important than 5e casting as it only affects some kits rather than all non sorcerers.

On a side note, I'm thinking the scripts are probably not able to pick up fnp focus access spells which are spells that cast the spell one level early. It feels like this could be included in a similar way but as it is a subset of the spells for each class (with only a small number of these being actually relevant to the scripts) so this seems to be even less important.

I haven't looked at multiclass sorcerers/shamans, but 5e spellcasting was a huge lift. I imagine doing something similar again would be equally as time-intensive, and that is something I personally do not want to pursue.

My focus with the scripts right now isn't to add more mod compatibility, but make the scripts more effective with the existing mods. This means drawing upon more spells, more items, and improving overall behind the scenes stuff.

Makes sense, thanks for all the work you have put in and continue to put into this fantastic mod.

I think I might be able to add compatibility by building on the work you've done for 5e casting (I'm planning on having both multiclass shaman and sorcerer in my next run so it's worth it for me). A big issue though would be that it would require a lot of duplication for any spells added as there would need to be multiple more versions to be added for each spell.

3 hours ago, Enigmajazz said:

Makes sense, thanks for all the work you have put in and continue to put into this fantastic mod.

I think I might be able to add compatibility by building on the work you've done for 5e casting (I'm planning on having both multiclass shaman and sorcerer in my next run so it's worth it for me). A big issue though would be that it would require a lot of duplication for any spells added as there would need to be multiple more versions to be added for each spell.

Correct, it becomes a very large duplication issue which becomes a huge time commitment to add these spells into the scripts.

I think I have a way to add compatibility without requiring any additional duplication required but will have to try it out when I have time.

Related questions, do commented out lines interfere with compiling or are they just ignored?

In the same way if there was to be a have_spell_res that still referred to a spell name do obviously couldn't trigger, will that mess up compiling or the functioning of the script or will it just be the same as not having any other spell res? I can find this out by testing but it would probably save a lot of time if someone could let me know if it's not going to work

6 minutes ago, Enigmajazz said:

I think I have a way to add compatibility without requiring any additional duplication required but will have to try it out when I have time.

Related questions, do commented out lines interfere with compiling or are they just ignored?

In the same way if there was to be a have_spell_res that still referred to a spell name do obviously couldn't trigger, will that mess up compiling or the functioning of the script or will it just be the same as not having any other spell res? I can find this out by testing but it would probably save a lot of time if someone could let me know if it's not going to work

Commented out lines get removed by the compiler. I'm sorry, but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking about have_spell_res.

The way you handle 5e casting is to have havespellres with the spell name initially, which is then converted to the spell Res and then to the 5e spell Res, that works well for the 5e spells as all spells in spell.ids will have an equivalent however for fnp multisham and focus spells not all spells will have an all equivalent (most wizard spells will not). So the spell Res could not be replaced as it is for 5e casting currently for those spells.

If the first step has been carried out to convert to spell Res but there is no new spell to replace it with then I had originally thought that this would mean normal casters would cast the spell twice so I was going to not convert spells without clones to the spell Res. However thinking about it further, the scripts would already prevent it being cast if it had already been cast. 

I know this is actually still probably very confusing but I think I've realised my original question doesn't matter anyway.

Official release for version 12.0 which brings the following enhancements:

• All Games
    • Added option, default hotkey 'N', to pre-buff only long-duration buffs.
    • EEex Required: Scripts will now identify when a player manually uses an item or casts a spell/ability. This will then track the manual player action as part of the cooldown timers so the scripts don't queue up an action when the player is on cooldown.
    • Added the following spells: Chaos Shield, Improved Chaos Shield, Contagion, Death Spell, Magic Missile, Stalker Haste, Cleric Finger of Death, and Wizard Finger of Death.
    • Added Good Berry use when out of combat.
    • If my extended bard song component from Skills and Abilities is installed, my scripts will time the singing with other actions.
    • Corrected bug with Cleric Hold where it was accidentally targeting party members.
    • Corrected bug where items were sometimes not being used.
    • Updated Polish translations courtesy of Cahir.
  • BG:EE, BG2:EE, and EET
    • Added Gem of Seeing.
    • Resolved warnings when 5e Spellcasting is installed.