Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

56 minutes ago, snsdale1 said:

The scripts use "symbolic name" image.png.6fcb1ec6116228f03e47666485086204.pngas a reference.

But what if a spell does not have a symbolic name? image.png.3dbc0d8ad2af73fc68b2a04281923200.pngIs there a way to add it?  Or can i just go for .SPL file names in these spots?image.png.ea3f2212bb1c7ace7b2d2f37131b8082.png

Is there a reason to prebuff with Shield if you've already got Ghost Armor spell?

Melf Meteors and Black Blade of Disaster seem to overlap with each other on Magus mod kit. Also the character seems to cast only First shield (Red) even if you've got both.

I'd refer you to the IESDP for scripting specific questions and tell you to look at SpellRES() for your questions on spells without symbolic names. https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/scripting/actions/bgeeactions.htm

Shield grants protection from magic missile while ghost armor doesn't.

I'm guessing I don't have checks for both Black Blade and Melfs missiles in place. I recommend using one or the other in the interim.

I prefer to be conservative with spell use and only use one of the shields active at a time with preference to Fire Shield (Red).

On 3/31/2024 at 1:04 AM, morpheus562 said:

On another note, are there a list of spells that people would like to see included in the .ini file that could be excluded from pre-buffing or mid-combat casts? For the next version of the scripts, I could have players check which spells they don't want included within the .ini prior to the install.

Barb/Berserk rage, would really prefer to activate it manually during combat and not as a prebuff, feels like atleast couple of rounds is always wasted this way.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, emix said:

Barb/Berserk rage, would really prefer to activate it manually during combat and not as a prebuff, feels like atleast couple of rounds is always wasted this way.

I would recommend using long duration buffs if you don't want Rage used. Its a prebuff, and I don't want to waste time in a tough fight throwing that up at the start when I really need to be using a Whirlwind, Hardiness, Dispelling spell, etc.

Edited by morpheus562

I just did an experimental push of these scripts to my git which should enhanced spellcasting cooldowns thanks to the power of EEex. I do not have the time nor setup to run a test, but for those willing to give it a shot I'd appreciate any feedback on script performance. If you do test, items that I am curious about:

• I'm calling lua more frequently with the update, so I'm looking to see if there is any lag or delay caused by more lua calls (I am not expecting this, but need to confirm).
  • Ensure spells are not being queued up by the scripts until the spellcasting cooldown is expired and the spells can be cast without cooldown delay.
  • Any overriding of the player chosen spell or ability (I have weeded most of this out, but need to ensure it doesn't creep back in).

Thank you!

Official release for version 13.0 which brings the following enhancements:

• All Games
    • Fixed bug with the scripts overwriting player commands.
    • Improved Haste issue may not be from SCS. Checking in a different manner to correct issue.
    • New system using EEex to track spell cast cooldowns.
    • Corrected bug with use of both Melf's Minute Missiles and Black Blade of Disaster.

Hoping for some help...  I'm trying to get subtledoctor's mod (used to be scales of balance before he split them up) to use the Flaming Weapon skill (from his talents chosen through dialog) in the same way Poison Weapon is used, ie directly under it in the script order.  I can copy paste Poison Weapon which is everything I'd like it to be, and change the spells to Flaming Weapon so it will (and does) cast automatically like I want it to.  The problem is I can't find a spell state for Flaming Weapon, so it stacks indefinitely as there's nothing to check against before the script casts it again.  I use Derat's autorest to rest on keypress, so the normal time skip that would expire FW is skipped, leading to the CD for FW being refreshed before it wears off naturally (it lasts two turns).  This results in my dudes hitting for a bajillion fire damage after a few rest keypresses.

Is there a way to make the script check if FW is already active so it doesn't cast again, the same way Poison Weapon checks itself?  Looking at FW in NI I only see two things on FW:  Its spell ID (d5csm3) and a .itm entry inside of the spell called d5csm3b, but I can't find that item in NI.  When I enter !HasItem("d5csm3b") in the script it can't find the item.  I'm guessing the fire damage proc is tied to a ghost item or something?  I don't really understand how spells and items work in NI that well so I'm pretty lost.

6 minutes ago, zuulforrest said:

Hoping for some help...  I'm trying to get subtledoctor's mod (used to be scales of balance before he split them up) to use the Flaming Weapon skill (from his talents chosen through dialog) in the same way Poison Weapon is used, ie directly under it in the script order.  I can copy paste Poison Weapon which is everything I'd like it to be, and change the spells to Flaming Weapon so it will (and does) cast automatically like I want it to.  The problem is I can't find a spell state for Flaming Weapon, so it stacks indefinitely as there's nothing to check against before the script casts it again.  I use Derat's autorest to rest on keypress, so the normal time skip that would expire FW is skipped, leading to the CD for FW being refreshed before it wears off naturally (it lasts two turns).  This results in my dudes hitting for a bajillion fire damage after a few rest keypresses.

Is there a way to make the script check if FW is already active so it doesn't cast again, the same way Poison Weapon checks itself?  Looking at FW in NI I only see two things on FW:  Its spell ID (d5csm3) and a .itm entry inside of the spell called d5csm3b, but I can't find that item in NI.  When I enter !HasItem("d5csm3b") in the script it can't find the item.  I'm guessing the fire damage proc is tied to a ghost item or something?  I don't really understand how spells and items work in NI that well so I'm pretty lost.

You'd have to update the FW spell to apply a spell state and then have the scripts check against that spell state. It's probably possible to use an existing spell state if one exists for poison weapon as I'm assuming a person won't be capable of casting poison weapon and FW on the same character.

Just now, morpheus562 said:

You'd have to update the FW spell to apply a spell state and then have the scripts check against that spell state. It's probably possible to use an existing spell state if one exists for poison weapon as I'm assuming a person won't be capable of casting poison weapon and FW on the same character.

I see, I kind of figured as much.  Thanks!