Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

Guest HappyGamer

Hi @morpheus562, I haven't played this game in 10+ yrs and i'm excited to start a EET run with many of the great mods out there!

Issue is that my PC (illusionist) and other spellcasters AI seem to not cast any spells during combat. But buffing, healing out of combat and potions work fine. I tried to different set-ups; offensive only/ defensive/debuffing only, selecting other scripts and then back to Enhanced Powergaming Scripts again per character. Nothing seems to change the behavior.

Afterwards I tried installing Enhanced Powergaming Scripts as the only mod on a clean BG2:EE (no EET) and the Advanced AI script there seems much more active in combat spellcasting then the Powergaming Scripts. Am I missing something or did I muck up my mod order? Or will the spellcasting improve as I NPC's get more spells available?

2 hours ago, Guest HappyGamer said:

Hi @morpheus562, I haven't played this game in 10+ yrs and i'm excited to start a EET run with many of the great mods out there!

Issue is that my PC (illusionist) and other spellcasters AI seem to not cast any spells during combat. But buffing, healing out of combat and potions work fine. I tried to different set-ups; offensive only/ defensive/debuffing only, selecting other scripts and then back to Enhanced Powergaming Scripts again per character. Nothing seems to change the behavior.

Afterwards I tried installing Enhanced Powergaming Scripts as the only mod on a clean BG2:EE (no EET) and the Advanced AI script there seems much more active in combat spellcasting then the Powergaming Scripts. Am I missing something or did I muck up my mod order? Or will the spellcasting improve as I NPC's get more spells available?

The games base scripting is more loose on when it will use spells which leads to the common complaint from the player base that scripts waste spells on trivial fights. I'm more conservative in my checks on when spells should be used during combat. If EEex is installed, I perform a challenge rating on the fight which provides a more accurate read on if spells should/should not be used. Otherwise, I do a check on the number of enemies or if there is a specific type of enemy present before spells are used.

Early game, the spells at your disposal are few, so you should see more use as their spellbooks fill up.

ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Error-enhanced-powergaming-scripts-10

Spoiler

Near Text: �
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [enhanced-powergaming-scripts/languages/polish/script_descriptions.tra]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [enhanced-powergaming-scripts\enhanced-powergaming-scripts.tp2]: Parsing.Parse_error
FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
[C:\Games\PI\Tools\WeiDU\249.00\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 24900
Using Language [Polish (by Cahir)]
[enhanced-powergaming-scripts/languages/polish/script_descriptions.tra] LEXER ERROR at line 31 column 1-12

ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Error-enhanced-powergaming-scripts-15

Spoiler

[enhanced-powergaming-scripts/languages/polish/script_descriptions.tra] LEXER ERROR at line 31 column 1-12
    invalid character [�]
[enhanced-powergaming-scripts/languages/polish/script_descriptions.tra]  ERROR at line 31 column 1-12

Hello can anyone help? I don't know if it matters but the script was at the very end.

9 hours ago, pathetic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [enhanced-powergaming-scripts/languages/polish/script_descriptions.tra]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [enhanced-powergaming-scripts\enhanced-powergaming-scripts.tp2]: Parsing.Parse_error
FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Reveal hidden contents

invalid character [�]
[enhanced-powergaming-scripts/languages/polish/script_descriptions.tra]  ERROR at line 31 column 1-12

Hello can anyone help? I don't know if it matters but the script was at the very end.

I found the bug and the Master on git has the correction.

Otherwise, if you don't want to install from the master you can go into the file found here within your game folder: enhanced-powergaming-scripts/languages/polish/script_descriptions.tra and find the line on line 28 that starts with "@1190" and add a "~" to the end of it so it looks like the below:

@1190 = ~Postać będzie śpiewała pieśń barda.~

Once you make the correction, you should be able to install.

Edited by morpheus562
2 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

I found the bug and the Master on git has the correction.

Otherwise, if you don't want to install from the master you can go into the file found here within your game folder: enhanced-powergaming-scripts/languages/polish/script_descriptions.tra and find the line on line 28 that starts with "@1190" and add a "~" to the end of it so it looks like the below:

@1190 = ~Postać będzie śpiewała pieśń barda.~

Once you make the correction, you should be able to install.

It's ALIVE xD Thank you :)

Hello,

Having some issues with the AI script crashing the game when combat starts. Not sure what's causing the problem, characters can buff and function with the script just fine outside combat.

Someone able to look at my install and see if they can spot a problem?  The only conflict arising is:

"WARNING: no effects added to SPPR737.SPL
Copying and patching 1 file ...

WARNING: no effects added to SPPR520.SPL"

WeiDU.log WeiDU.log WeiDU.log WeiDU.log

Edited by Minnix
Attaching correct WeiDU
1 minute ago, Minnix said:

Hello,

Having some issues with the AI script crashing the game when combat starts. Not sure what's causing the problem, characters can buff and function with the script just fine outside combat.

Someone able to look at my install and see if they can spot a problem?  The only conflict arising is:

"WARNING: no effects added to SPPR737.SPL
Copying and patching 1 file ...

WARNING: no effects added to SPPR520.SPL"

WeiDU.log 17.11 kB · 0 downloads WeiDU.log 17.58 kB · 0 downloads WeiDU.log 17.11 kB · 0 downloads WeiDU.log 17.11 kB · 0 downloads

Are you sure it's the scripts crashing the game? Does the game crash either without the scripts installed or the scripts disabled?

Based on my testing, Enhanced Powergaming Scripts is causing BG2EE to crash during combat if EEex v0.10.1 or later is installed. It does not crash with EEex v0.10.0.1. This can be reproduced with a fresh install with only EEex and Enhanced Powergaming Scripts.

Edited by Raseven
21 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Are you sure it's the scripts crashing the game? Does the game crash either without the scripts installed or the scripts disabled?

Yeah combat works fine when I disable the script, and the scripts seem to function fine outside of combat using the hotkeys to buff/switch between class abilities. Something is triggering the crash when the AI makes the first decision in combat as it will crash right at the start of the round 

I unintentionally broke how pointers are passed around in EEex's Lua bindings. In particular it's dereferencing the sprite's terrain table one too many times in EEex_Sprite_ForAllOfTypeInRange(). I'll try to get a fix up somewhat quickly, though bindings errors have a habit of being tricky.

2 hours ago, Bubb said:

I unintentionally broke how pointers are passed around in EEex's Lua bindings. In particular it's dereferencing the sprite's terrain table one too many times in EEex_Sprite_ForAllOfTypeInRange(). I'll try to get a fix up somewhat quickly, though bindings errors have a habit of being tricky.

Thank you for taking a look at it.