Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

So far the ranged npcs (imoen(bow), aerie(sling), jan(xbow))and sometimes my frontline(pc, vic) wouldn't auto track/attack unless i manually command them to get closer. I set up the script just fine and its working. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/iYHxBuA

The party also wouldn't stop and attack when i issued a movement command from pointA to B and they encounter an enemy along the way, theyd just proceed to point B and then attack after finishing the move command which cause the slow one to suffer damages (which is highly a mistake on my part for missing such thing) maybe i just rely too much on script and used Uscript i used before EPG script. 

I think that's the only problem i have now, and the offensive spell: chromatic orb, feeblemind, and death spell are the ones ive not seen used. If its not too much can you add a feature for auto summons like simulacrum (separate install). Thanks again!

20 minutes ago, Frae said:

So far the ranged npcs (imoen(bow), aerie(sling), jan(xbow))and sometimes my frontline(pc, vic) wouldn't auto track/attack unless i manually command them to get closer.

Just a thought from a playing perspective:

1. have you checked the other functions aren't turned on (e.g. check for traps in combat or turn undead) - that can make your party members just stop what you ordered them to do and stand around. I have found these do occasionally get randomly turned on for some characters -  so worth double checking when it happens.

(I think it happens to me on the odd occasion I use eeKeeper to edit a save, about 50% of the time when I open the edited save in the game the EPG scripts have either reset to default options or added one of the special skills (like detect traps, turn, or sing) - but it also happens very rarely without that so may be another mod interfering with them.

2. Regarding distance are you sure the event aren't out of sight of the specific characters affected. If they are they will just stand there and do nothing if they can't individually see an enemy.

(also not sure if infravision affects this too - so humans at night or in dungeon need to be closer to see enemy to trigger script to attack, etc).

Just some thoughts.

30 minutes ago, Frae said:

The party also wouldn't stop and attack when i issued a movement command from pointA to B and they encounter an enemy along the way, theyd just proceed to point B and then attack after finishing the move command which cause the slow one to suffer damages (which is highly a mistake on my part for missing such thing) maybe i just rely too much on script and used Uscript i used before EPG script. 

As I understand it that is just standard behaviour for the engine - when you give a command to move from A to B the system moves the creature there and doesn't reassess environment until that command is completed (so I assume script can't impact actions of characters/creatures until they complete the prior command)? But FWIW I have observed this same behaviour extensively (just finished BG2 play though and started a new BG1 (up to entering BG city)...

P.S. Can't recall if it's a change or not and if characters used to interrupt their existing command (move from A to B) to attack a nearby enemy if they spotted one during the move... but pretty sure it's always been this way even before Morpheus wrote his scripts?

28 minutes ago, Mycenius said:

Just a thought from a playing perspective:

1. have you checked the other functions aren't turned on (e.g. check for traps in combat or turn undead) - that can make your party members just stop what you ordered them to do and stand around. I have found these do occasionally get randomly turned on for some characters -  so worth double checking when it happens.

(I think it happens to me on the odd occasion I use eeKeeper to edit a save, about 50% of the time when I open the edited save in the game the EPG scripts have either reset to default options or added one of the special skills (like detect traps, turn, or sing) - but it also happens very rarely without that so may be another mod interfering with them.

2. Regarding distance are you sure the event aren't out of sight of the specific characters affected. If they are they will just stand there and do nothing if they can't individually see an enemy.

(also not sure if infravision affects this too - so humans at night or in dungeon need to be closer to see enemy to trigger script to attack, etc).

Just some thoughts.

1. Yes i always turn them off and look at my record/script menu to confirm everytime i load or during any problem occurs. What i mean by standing is, they just stand unless given command to move closer (to the target) seems like they have low range detection to auto track n attack. I also dont use eeKeeper, idk how to use that

2. I've shared a link(https://imgur.com/gallery/iYHxBuA) That can help assess my problem regarding distance of enemy from my companions where aerie, jan, and imoen just stands(unless given command to close in) there while the other 3 attacks the incoming wave. 

3. It seems like the beamdog script (base script used iirc) and the script written by morp didn't address an auto stop command when enemy is seen. In which i observed that the Uscript by richmartel have (i think it's on the 2001 script or the new one). 

34 minutes ago, Frae said:

2. I've shared a link(https://imgur.com/gallery/iYHxBuA) That can help assess my problem regarding distance of enemy from my companions where aerie, jan, and imoen just stands(unless given command to close in) there while the other 3 attacks the incoming wave. 

Hard to be sure but my first impression is they might be a little too far away to see the kobolds - they could be right on the fringe of their vision range such that being a couple of 'hexes' (i.e. selection circles) closer might make all the difference. You'd have to test it by moving them forward 1 hex at a time and see if the hex then kicks in.

just because it's all visible on screen doesn't mean those characters individually can see it.

...you can work out the vision distance even in an explored area by just looking at where the ground is dark vs. light - it'll be a circle around the character(s). Walk a character out in large open area and you can see it clearly, that'll let you judge how far it is on your system/screen. 

1 hour ago, Frae said:

3. It seems like the beamdog script (base script used iirc) and the script written by morp didn't address an auto stop command when enemy is seen. In which i observed that the Uscript by richmartel have (i think it's on the 2001 script or the new one). 

The autostop when enemy are seen is in the gameplay options, it's not a script function.

As I understand it only kicks in when a new enemy is seen (and you are not already in combat). If you give a move command when enemy are already visible to any of your party then it doesn't apply because you are already in combat.

Edited by Mycenius
Typo/Clarification

Those characters look out of site of the enemy. My scripts do not move characters without player input, and the could be many reasons you may stage a character out of a fight without wanting him/her to rush in. 

Regarding moving and stopping mid move to attack an enemy, there is reasonable no way to implement what you're asking without the use of EEex. With EEex, that is a fairly reasonable thing to do.

For some reason I cannot get Edwin to cast Stone Skin or Mind Blank when both offensive and defensive spells are enabled under the scripts menu or if I pick solo or group buffs. I've pressed both 'B' and 'N' and he doesn't ever cast it. I think I might be missing something obvious here but can't figure out what.

I have Version 12.3.1 installed.

3 minutes ago, herien_0 said:

For some reason I cannot get Edwin to cast Stone Skin or Mind Blank when both offensive and defensive spells are enabled under the scripts menu or if I pick solo or group buffs. I've pressed both 'B' and 'N' and he doesn't ever cast it. I think I might be missing something obvious here but can't figure out what.

I have Version 12.3.1 installed.

Being how long of duration those spells are, he would be casting them on himself outside of buffing.

Would it be possible for Shaman Dance to be toggle-able like the other skills? Or at least it be a choice like Bard Song?  Unless I'm missing something.  I'd like my Shaman to use their basic attack in easy fights which are usually over before the first summon even actually appear.

1 minute ago, Chinop said:

Would it be possible for Shaman Dance to be toggle-able like the other skills? Or at least it be a choice like Bard Song?  Unless I'm missing something.  I'd like my Shaman to use their basic attack in easy fights which are usually over before the first summon even actually appear.

It's been awhile since I've coded that up. Have you tried toggling bard song to see if that works on shaman dance?