I have reinstalled all my mods after the arrival of the update 2.6 of bg2 EE and i am at the beginning of throne of bhaal.

Hello i have a question to ask to the forum.

I have finally finished shadows of amn and i am finally at the debut of throne of bhaal,i wanted to do other things before finished this expension and the game completely but something happen.

The update of 2.6 has finaly happen after many years but i had a suprise  the update come and my game was moded and the update came to ruin my game.

But i chose to reinstall all the mods and actualise them, everything seems like normal and the mods ether item or spell for exemple work. (there's only one mod character name that is bug but the rest of him work).

There will be problem with that kind of installation ? does my game will crash because of this ? should i begin again all Bg2 EE to be sure that there will be no problem ?

Good weeks.

Edited by pierpoljack

You could extract all the items you want to save out your bag of holding, save the game, and then start a new ToB game from that's start and rescue the mission so to speak. There will be more trouble in the old campaign related to dialog files, and other assets that have text that doesn't match the description between the old game version + mods & new game version.

The game won't crash... but not being able to understand a word that is said could lead to the same effect... not having fun.

There is always problems to be expected if you continue an old save in a newly modded game, and with the 2.6 patch noone knows what changes were made and how they will lead to incompatibilities.

That is why it's a good idea to make a copy of your game folder for modding adn playing, as patches will not be applied to the copy midgame.

Thanks for the reply ,im going to make a copy of my game to be sure i have no problem incase of a new update in between game.

But the only incompatibilities i have encounters is the mod ''djinni companions'' everything is alright (level,character,mission,banters and spells) only is name is bug out with some kind of drow related dialogue .

I am at the starting area of chapter 8 ''the forest of spirits" and every mod seems compatible and seems to work with the content and the other mods.

But i will be making copies and be more careful before a update.

thanks again.

1 hour ago, pierpoljack said:

only is name is bug out with some kind of drow related dialogue

Yes, that's one of the things that are bound to happen when using an old save. The string reference for the name points to a wrong string entry because it was set in the former install.

Hope you won't encounter any more hickups.