Two questions

temnix

First, why doesn't Remove Inventory Item delete an item held in the hand? It should do that. The item is a Long sword. It is falsely unequipped instead: disappears from the avatar and its equipped effects end, but it is still shown in the item slot and can be lifted and plunked back there. This may have something to do with the stacking of the item - more than one can be stacked for this item type, five items, to be exact, though only one is being held. I don't know if that's the reason or not, but I have removed non-stacking items before with this opcode.

Second, does the SetItemFlags action change the flags for all items with that file name in the creature's inventory?

Come on, you molasses, get going! Whip up that old expertise. It's morning and jogging time.

Because twenty-two years ago the developers who wrote the source code didn’t end up using it, and so didn’t know or didn’t care that it was bugged. They had a game to publish; attention and effort were needed elsewhere. This is what we have to work with. It didn’t stop a thousand-plus modders from applying their vision to the game without acting like children who think they are owed answers...

(EDIT okay a few may have acted like children now and again :beholder: )

Edited by subtledoctor

Don't you have anything useful to say? Or make. You know, if had the answer to those, I would be closer to making something interesting for the... community. Not for the morons who don't know to use capital letters in what they type, but for the others, those who appreciate creativity, innovation, depth. There are some people like that, and they are worth keeping in mind.

20 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Oh, are we going to get another replacement projectile .BAM that makes 2D fire sprites in a decades-old game look more "realistic?"

I wait with bated breath.

Well, it's not like you could even make that.

Disintegrate.jpg.9093b1f6ba160c0aa059d7d5ac1147f1.jpg

But I was talking about letting enemies surrender to the party and for party members to switch sides ("Mercy"), for paladins to fall and become blackguards and for blackguards to redeem themselves and become fighters or paladins over a series of tests ("Jacob's Ladder"), separate purses for party members and special improvements they can buy ("Hoarders"), just to name a few things I've made. And if you don't know the answer to a question, don't write your junk words in the thread.

You can go elsewhere if you don't want to see my words, sir. I gave you the answer, and you didn't like it, so you reached down your pants to sling poo at the messenger, godless ape that you are. Unfortunately your aim sucks, and it doesn't change the answer anyway.

(And if you are trying to show off with your little green line, or your scripted fainting spells, or all the long hours spent making tiny variations in the 128x128 pixel Black Talon sprites... it's not working.)

Edited by subtledoctor