Taerom won't make ankheg armor

Just finished tweaking a megamod install and went around testing things as I usually do, grabbed an ankheg shell with a new game, and went right to Beregost. The only problem is: Taerom doesn't seem to recognize the fact that I'm carrying ankheg shells, and won't start up the ankheg armor dialogue. Wonder if anyone can figure out where in my install that might occur, and why.

Weidu.log is attached.

WeiDU.log

You have a lot of mods after EET_End that should go before. Did you play into SoA and ToB with this setup? I would expect you get problems, especially with mod NPCs and their dialogues.

Also, some tweakmods are quite early. A rough overal order for mods is Fixpack - Early Tweaks* - Questpack - NPC mods - Crossmod mods - Tweaks. For details, most mod readmes have information about compatibility.

*EndlessBG1 and Transitions are "early tweak" mods.

8 hours ago, jastey said:

You have a lot of mods after EET_End that should go before. Did you play into SoA and ToB with this setup? I would expect you get problems, especially with mod NPCs and their dialogues.

Also, some tweakmods are quite early. A rough overal order for mods is Fixpack - Early Tweaks* - Questpack - NPC mods - Crossmod mods - Tweaks. For details, most mod readmes have information about compatibility.

*EndlessBG1 and Transitions are "early tweak" mods.

I've tried that order with a megamod install. It doesn't work. There's a number of mods I've run across that just don't like to install before EET_End, but install fine afterwards, so I move it up early to minimize install issues on my end.

7 hours ago, argent77 said:

The mod "Magic store of Vergadain" should definitely be installed before EET_end since it adds new lines to Taerom's dialog.

I'll move it up in the order.

10 hours ago, Artemius I said:

Could be that some mod has (possibly unintentionally) affected the check for the dialogue. Do you have NearInfinity? Open the dialogue file for Taerom and see if there's any differences in the triggers with this:

Taerom.dlg isn't showing under the DLG section... hm. I'll do a reinstall with Vergadain before EET_End and see if it shows up.

OT but can I humbly request using Sirene with her Martyr kit if it's the newest one? Everyone seems obsessed with changing her to Inquisitor that in all honestly I've more than once been selfishly tempted more than once to remove that component altogether because no one ever has said anything to be about the kit, whether it's balanced, interesting, etc.

37 minutes ago, RelentlessImp said:

There's a number of mods I've run across that just don't like to install before EET_End, but install fine afterwards, so I move it up early to minimize install issues on my end.

That's where you would post bug reports into the mods' forums to get this sorted, because having a working install is more important than an error-free installation. This mod order will not work ingame if you want to play the whole saga up into ToB.

I thought that the general install order suggested by Jastey was tried and tested for megamod installs.

Just out of curiosity, did you resolve the problem discussed here and here? I got the impression that something not-quite-EE-compatible broke your install, and that EET_End flagged the problem. If so, moving EET_End may not solve the problem, just remove the error message.

6 hours ago, Guest Ghast said:

I thought that the general install order suggested by Jastey was tried and tested for megamod installs.

Just out of curiosity, did you resolve the problem discussed here and here? I got the impression that something not-quite-EE-compatible broke your install, and that EET_End flagged the problem. If so, moving EET_End may not solve the problem, just remove the error message.

The problems seem to be fixed with my load order; everything's working so far.