HTaM: Bug Reports and Problems

Guest Abu Khazab's Magic Lamp

Judging from the .tra file, it looks like this is the mod that provides the magic lamp quest, but I can't see any reference to it elsewhere.

I've got the quest from Aran and it's in the journal, but neither Renal or Lathan are acknowledging it and there are no conversations available. I'm on v4.3.2 of the mod. Game is in chapter 3 (everything is done - I did take the boat to Spellhold, got the message from Tony so reloaded and rested to do this quest first).

In addition, looking through the setup.tra file, it looks like sometimes this is referred to Abu Hazab's magic lamp.

Guest Guest
On 1/2/2024 at 2:19 PM, Guest Abu Khazab's Magic Lamp said:

Judging from the .tra file, it looks like this is the mod that provides the magic lamp quest, but I can't see any reference to it elsewhere.

I've got the quest from Aran and it's in the journal, but neither Renal or Lathan are acknowledging it and there are no conversations available. I'm on v4.3.2 of the mod. Game is in chapter 3 (everything is done - I did take the boat to Spellhold, got the message from Tony so reloaded and rested to do this quest first).

In addition, looking through the setup.tra file, it looks like sometimes this is referred to Abu Hazab's magic lamp.

Seems to be a problem with Lathan. Globals were set as - ANAranLamp Global 4; ANAranLampLatan Global 1. Setting ANAranLampLatan to 2, then talking to Renal seems to have advanced the quest.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Seems to be a problem with Lathan. Globals were set as - ANAranLamp Global 4; ANAranLampLatan Global 1. Setting ANAranLampLatan to 2, then talking to Renal seems to have advanced the quest.

Hello! You must talk to each of them, in any order. But first there had to be a dialogue that begins with the phrase
"*You are carefully looking at the guest list, which contains the names of several wealthy and noble residents of Athkatla. So, where to start...*"
And two options:
@492 = ~*Talk to Renal Bloodscalp*~
@493 = ~*Talk to Lathan*~

Apparently, you chose the second option, so your ANAranLampLatan variable was equal to 1. After this, you must talk to Latan first. In the dialogue with Lathan (if the variables are exactly as you specified above), the option “Hi Lathan. Is everything okay in the guild?” should appear.

If you manually change the value of the variable to ANAranLampLatan, you will skip the dialogue with Lathan. This will not interfere with the progress of the quest, as far as I remember, but it will deprive you of some content.

Edited by Austin