HTaM: Bug Reports and Problems

After you mentioning this, I realized that several interjections that I like in Chapter 1 is from this MOD. I thought it was something from the banter pack that I have installed. 

As I said before, probably it has good side to encounter the bugs in Chapter 4...as it makes  me realized this and appreciate this MOD more 😀

@Austin

Component 4 failed to install for me; I'm using the latest 4.1 version; apparently the file 'ANtrollQuayleImp2.d' is missing.

EDIT: it seems from github that this file was deleted as part of the latest update, but the .tp2 at line 1726 it's still trying to compile it.

Spoiler

//Installing [Component 4. The Missing Troll Case (by Alisia & Austin)] [4.1]
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Processing quests and journals
//Copying and patching 1 file ...
//Copying 1 file ...
//Extending game scripts ...
//Compiling 1 script ...
//Compiling 1 script ...
//Compiling 1 script ...
//Copying 1 file ...
//Copying 1 file ...
//Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
//ERROR: compiling [HerThiMoney/dlg/ANtrollQuayleImp2.d]!
//Stopping installation because of error.
//ERROR Installing [Component 4. The Missing Troll Case (by Alisia & Austin)], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall  71 files for [HerThiMoney\HerThiMoney.tp2] component 30.
//Uninstalled     71 files for [HerThiMoney\HerThiMoney.tp2] component 30.
//ERROR: Sys_error("HerThiMoney/dlg/ANtrollQuayleImp2.d: No such file or directory")
//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-HerThiMoney.debug and look for support at: Austin, Scheele, Alisia & Arcanecoast Team
//Automatically Skipping [Component 4. The Missing Troll Case (by Alisia & Austin)] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//weidu_external/lang/english/ubsetup.tra file not found. Skipping...
//[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 463623 string entries
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Component 4. The Missing Troll Case (by Alisia & Austin)
//

Edited by Gwaihir
11 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

@Austin

Component 4 failed to install for me; I'm using the latest 4.1 version; apparently the file 'ANtrollQuayleImp2.d' is missing.

EDIT: it seems from github that this file was deleted as part of the latest update, but the .tp2 at line 1726 it's still trying to compile it.

Reveal hidden contents

//Installing [Component 4. The Missing Troll Case (by Alisia & Austin)] [4.1]
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Processing quests and journals
//Copying 1 file ...
//Compiling 1 script ...
//Compiling 1 script ...
//Compiling 1 script ...
//Copying 1 file ...
//Copying 1 file ...
//ERROR: compiling [HerThiMoney/dlg/ANtrollQuayleImp2.d]!
//ERROR Installing [Component 4. The Missing Troll Case (by Alisia & Austin)], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall  71 files for [HerThiMoney\HerThiMoney.tp2] component 30.
//Uninstalled     71 files for [HerThiMoney\HerThiMoney.tp2] component 30.
//ERROR: Sys_error("HerThiMoney/dlg/ANtrollQuayleImp2.d: No such file or directory")
//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-HerThiMoney.debug and look for support at: Austin, Scheele, Alisia & Arcanecoast Team
//Automatically Skipping [Component 4. The Missing Troll Case (by Alisia & Austin)] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//weidu_external/lang/english/ubsetup.tra file not found. Skipping...
//[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 463623 string entries
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Component 4. The Missing Troll Case (by Alisia & Austin)
//

You are right, I forgot to update this file on Github:( Now it's fixed. I will make the next update a little later, but you can now download the master version or just delete this line in your tp2 file and install the mod.

P.S. Unfortunately, due to fatigue, I am inattentive when updating and then I have to correct my own mistakes. I need a break from modding, but before that I'll make another HTaM update that will fix a bug where the guards in the bank don't always turn hostile when attacked. We are currently working on this fix.

Edited by Austin
1 hour ago, Austin said:

You are right, I forgot to update this file on Github:( Now it's fixed. I will make the next update a little later, but you can now download the master version or just delete this line in your tp2 file and install the mod.

P.S. Unfortunately, due to fatigue, I am inattentive when updating and then I have to correct my own mistakes. I need a break from modding, but before that I'll make another HTaM update that will fix a bug where the guards in the bank don't always turn hostile when attacked. We are currently working on this fix

Deleting the line fixes that and allows for a smooth install.

You've earned your rest man, thank you for all the work you've been putting in. This is the first time for me playing you mods, I'll make sure to report anything that I find (not to make you work even more, but to help improving what already looks like a good product 😆

I'm having trouble with Beshaba's Curse quest.  Renal asked me to ask around at the temples, but I've been to every temple in Athkatla and no one is able to help progress the quest.  Can anyone tell me the next step?  Is this a bug?  If so, is there any way to recover?  Thanks in advance for any help.

3 hours ago, beersnob said:

I'm having trouble with Beshaba's Curse quest.  Renal asked me to ask around at the temples, but I've been to every temple in Athkatla and no one is able to help progress the quest.  Can anyone tell me the next step?  Is this a bug?  If so, is there any way to recover?  Thanks in advance for any help.

After talking with Renal and going outside, you have a player dialogue with the phrase *You leave the guild..."? If yes, then everything is OK. Examine the Temple of Lathander more closely and note the woman in it, then talk to her.

This must be her (see screenshot).  When I talk to her, she says, "This awful person... Not only is it scary to look outside at night, and in general, everything around him seemed to be brutal, so did he. She walks, yells something, curses... Ah, my nerves just can't stand it. Ask the paladins, they will tell you more."  I had talked to her before leaving this post but didn't recognize that she was part of this quest.  When she mentioned "the paladins" I thought she meant all the dawn knights in Lathander's temple.  Of course talking to them had nothing to do with the quest.  I must have just gotten lost.  But loading on old save let me find her again and then see the next part of the quest (the fight in front of the Radiant Heart Hall).

I should note that in my earlier attempt, I did not immediately go to the Radiant Heart Hall but I did go there many times later.  The fight scene which happens at their front door did not happen for me.  Maybe because it was at night?  I don't know.  This time, it did happen, so I'm back on track.

I might suggest changing her dialog to "Ask those Radiant Heart paladins" so dummies like me can figure out just which paladin's we're supposed to go chat with.  But regardless, so far, I'm loving the mod.  It really adds even more depth to an amazing game.  Thank you for it and for helping me here! 🙏

20220127204214_1.jpg

Yes, the fight scene near the Order building will happen if you come there during the daytime. Therefore, there are no bugs in this quest, but perhaps you are right and I should give a hint about paladins in more detail in the dialogue.
By the way, talking to the woman in the Temple of Lathander is not required to complete the quest, but it helps to better understand where to go next and what exactly happened.

Guest Equalatior

I have encountered an issue that I believe is related to the part 'Component 1. Interjections & Mini-quests' of this mod (thought I also do have other mods installed).

Through some buggy game behaviour, I concluded that Jeheira is trying to initiate a certain conversation, but cannot. Through a bit of trial end error with removing mods, the problem only occurs when the component above is installed. Otherwise, the conversation plays as normal.

The conversation in question is one that is from the vanilla game, I think as part of Jaheira's romance. It is not something triggered when the player speaks to an NPC or does something specific, but is one of the timed conversations that interrupts normal gameplay. The dialogue starts: "It is good to be back in Amn, even under these conditions"

As it is part of the vanilla game, I suppose that I can just uninstall the mod, play the dialogue and the reinstall the mod, but still.

Here's a link to the save file with Jaheira trying to initiate dialogue, if that at all helps: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442992895012634636/978063148122779688/000000028-A2.zip

@Austin Your mod is part of my EET install with Project Infinity. The debug files confirm that the installation was successful for each component. But PI also creates an error file with the indication " La syntaxe de la commande n’est pas correcte." for the first 3 components of the mod.

@ALien Maybe PI related ?

ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Debug-HerThiMoney-0.log ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Error-HerThiMoney-0.log

Edited by Mordekaie
Guest aliKater

Hey! I'm having an issue with this quest. I'm currently in chapter two trying to start the thiees guild quests, but it won't trigger, and just skips ahead to Besheba's curse. Any tips? I installed with the big world setup so i would love to not have to totally restart my game if possible

Thanks so much!

13 hours ago, Guest aliKater said:

Hey! I'm having an issue with this quest. I'm currently in chapter two trying to start the thiees guild quests, but it won't trigger, and just skips ahead to Besheba's curse. Any tips? I installed with the big world setup so i would love to not have to totally restart my game if possible

Thanks so much!

I didn't quite understand what you mean. The "Beshaba quest" only starts in chapter 3 (when all Renal's quests are completed). It will begin with a dialogue with Renal's messenger, and then with himself (at this point, all of his quests should already be completed). In chapter 2, this quest cannot start in any way, since in the script it can only be started in chapters 3 or 6:

OR(2)
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_3%)
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_5%)

You may have installed a very old version of the mod that did not yet contain this condition? Make sure you are using the latest version of the mod.

On 5/23/2022 at 1:41 AM, Guest Equalatior said:

I have encountered an issue that I believe is related to the part 'Component 1. Interjections & Mini-quests' of this mod (thought I also do have other mods installed).

Through some buggy game behaviour, I concluded that Jeheira is trying to initiate a certain conversation, but cannot. Through a bit of trial end error with removing mods, the problem only occurs when the component above is installed. Otherwise, the conversation plays as normal.

The conversation in question is one that is from the vanilla game, I think as part of Jaheira's romance. It is not something triggered when the player speaks to an NPC or does something specific, but is one of the timed conversations that interrupts normal gameplay. The dialogue starts: "It is good to be back in Amn, even under these conditions"

As it is part of the vanilla game, I suppose that I can just uninstall the mod, play the dialogue and the reinstall the mod, but still.

Here's a link to the save file with Jaheira trying to initiate dialogue, if that at all helps: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442992895012634636/978063148122779688/000000028-A2.zip

Thank you for message! I found the cause of this error, it will be fixed in the next version!