[Bug report] Minor things noticed by David

DavidW

On 7/29/2022 at 5:55 AM, polytope said:

I hope that a subspell with a name starting with something other than "SP-" and a different projectile will counteract this bug

I've just verified that applying op235 via op177 is also a valid workaround... And this is exactly what I proposed to Cam.

In so doing, you don't need to mess with projectiles, subspells, and the like...

21 hours ago, Luke said:

I've just verified that applying op235 via op177 is also a valid workaround... And this is exactly what I proposed to Cam.

In so doing, you don't need to mess with projectiles, subspells, and the like...

Good to know, that's much simpler and doesn't risk breaking #206 immunity for secondary targets in the area of the subspell projectile.

I'm quite surprised it works though, my experience with #177 was that in all respects except IDS specific targeting it's simply treated as any other opcode in the feature block of the .spl, I've also noticed that neither saving throws nor apparently % probabilities are rerolled for a subspell (unless you have autopause on spell cast) if it uses a projectile type of none (i.e. if those are instantly evaluated). That was my main reason for thinking a secondary projectile would be necessary.

Maybe the mechanic is similar to #283 ignoring #101 immunity; the engine's unusual code regarding the source of #235 isn't triggered when it's called through #177 (probably works for #272 as well).

Edited by polytope