removing a component mid game (bg2)

hi there

since i haven't found any precise information about it, i was wondering if it was ok to uninstall a component (the shade lord one) mid-game?

also, can i change the scs difficulty settings mi-game or is that gonna require a re-install? i've read ppl saying it would need to re-install scs while other ppl also said it "probably" would be ok. im lost, event tho i don't see why it would require a re-install, but i just need to be sure.

thanks!

Actually this might be okay. That component cones after the big AI stuff, right? So - assuming you’ve never been to the Shade Lord map - you could probably just run the SCS install, don’t change anything until that component, uninstall that, then click ‘Q’uit at the next prompt. Depending on what else is installed, it might work. 

Definitely back up the game folder, though, in case it doesn’t. 

Changing difficulty settings mid-game? Absolutely. At least in recent versions, the difficulty slider and the in-game "fine-tuning" options work fine. I had a run which was on Insane almost all the way but dropped down to Tactical for the Ascension version of the final boss area - no problem.

Altering mod installations - definitely not recommended.

For the specific fight in question - that one's extremely sensitive to character level. Come back a bit later, and it won't be a problem.