Near Infinity Edit Proficiencies using Tweaks?

Hi there!

I’m currently using the Tweaks mod and I have the option 2 installed for proficiencies (BG Proficiencies with Styles, I think it’s called). Basically, Long sword, Short sword, Blunt, Spiked, etc…

I’m wondering how do I edit my 3 pips in blunt to change it to spiked? I tried with NI in effects but it wasn’t reflected in the game. I *could* change the two hands proficiency, but was unable to change from blunt to spiked. When I change my spiked proficiency to blunt (and i also tried others like shortbow just to test), nothing showed up in my character. I mean it was as if the three pips in any category was erased aside from my dual hands proficiency.

So I’m just wondering where do I find the thing which can change proficiencies to from, say, blunt to spiked using NI?

Thanks in advance for any info! :)

2 hours ago, TyrionBean said:

Hi there!

I’m currently using the Tweaks mod and I have the option 2 installed for proficiencies (BG Proficiencies with Styles, I think it’s called). Basically, Long sword, Short sword, Blunt, Spiked, etc…

I’m wondering how do I edit my 3 pips in blunt to change it to spiked? I tried with NI in effects but it wasn’t reflected in the game. I *could* change the two hands proficiency, but was unable to change from blunt to spiked. When I change my spiked proficiency to blunt (and i also tried others like shortbow just to test), nothing showed up in my character. I mean it was as if the three pips in any category was erased aside from my dual hands proficiency.

So I’m just wondering where do I find the thing which can change proficiencies to from, say, blunt to spiked using NI?

Thanks in advance for any info! :)

In the CHR->CRE file itself, starting from offset 0x006e.

New-style proficiencies are effects attached to the creature. Old-style proficiencies are fields in the creature file itself. Just go to the edit tab on it and scroll down past the resistances. You'll see a bunch of entries like

Large sword proficiency . . . . . . Active class: 0, Original class: 0

Very easy to spot, because they take up a lot of space with their text.

Edit those to change the numbers. In your case, you'd set the active class value for "Blunt proficiency" to zero and the active class value for "Spiked proficiency" to 3

7 hours ago, jmerry said:

New-style proficiencies are effects attached to the creature. Old-style proficiencies are fields in the creature file itself. Just go to the edit tab on it and scroll down past the resistances. You'll see a bunch of entries like

Edit those to change the numbers. In your case, you'd set the active class value for "Blunt proficiency" to zero and the active class value for "Spiked proficiency" to 3

Okay, that *did* work…sorta.

Thank you, btw. But here’s something I don’t understand at all:

I did find those fields. I changed Spiked to 3, blunt was already 0. I went in the game and looked at my THAC0, which was now lower. However, no proficiencies are listed on the left hand side on the character sheet. Just dual-wield proficiency with 3 + signs. But doing what you said did lower my THAC0, yes. However….

I then added 1m XP to level myself to test it more. I did my level up, and got the proficiency menu. All the proficiencies (apart from dual wield) had 0 pips in them. Okay, so I add one more + to spiked anyway (which now lists as 1), and that worked..it lowers my THAC0 even more of course. But now on the left hand side of the character sheet I show Spiked with just one + sign.

Not sure what’s going on there. Wondering how to fix it properly because it feels half baked, so to speak. Did I do it wrong? I mean, what you said to do actually did lower my THAC0 so I *know* that worked, but it just doesn’t show it on my character record at all for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks again btw. I feel like I’m almost there and it is much appreciated.

18 hours ago, jmerry said:

He's not asking how to edit the old-style BG1 proficiencies, he's asking how to edit BG2-style proficiencies. He has installed the Tweaks Anthology component "Change Proficiency System - BG1 Proficiencies with Weapon Styles" but I am like 85% sure that the Tweaks component does not use the old BG1 proficiency fields (which do not appear in BGEE character record screen), but instead uses several of the BG2 proficiency stats to cover BG1-style groupings.

The question is, which BG2 proficiencies get mapped to Blunt and Spiked when this Tweaks component is installed? (My guess would be Mace (stat 101) for blunt and Flail (stat 100) for spiked, but I really have no idea and I can't test it right now.)

21 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

He's not asking how to edit the old-style BG1 proficiencies, he's asking how to edit BG2-style proficiencies. He has installed the Tweaks Anthology component "Change Proficiency System - BG1 Proficiencies with Weapon Styles" but I am like 85% sure that the Tweaks component does not use the old BG1 proficiency fields (which do not appear in BGEE character record screen), but instead uses several of the BG2 proficiency stats to cover BG1-style groupings.

The question is, which BG2 proficiencies get mapped to Blunt and Spiked when this Tweaks component is installed? (My guess would be Mace (stat 101) for blunt and Flail (stat 100) for spiked, but I really have no idea and I can't test it right now.)

Thanks for the reply, subtledoctor. Where would I find these (since no one else has answered yet 😕 )?

BOW                 100
SPIKED              101
SMALL_SWORD         102
LARGE_SWORD         103
AXE                 104
BLUNT               105
MISSILE             106
SPEAR               107
2HANDED             111
SWORDANDSHIELD      112
SINGLEWEAPON        113
2WEAPON             114

This is how the relevant part of WEAPPROF.2da looks like with that component. But NearInfinity correctly detects this. I have edited multiple savegames of mine to change NPCs.

I am currently thinking that something else is causing the problem here and it's in the UI side. We probably want to see a weidu.log.

37 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

But NearInfinity correctly detects this. I

Okay, whatever, the point is, he needs to look at the effects applied to the character, not the old BG1 prof fields. Thanks for that chart though, it;s exactly what they need!

Effects are at the bottom of the .CRE sheet. You need to look for "233" which is the effect that sets proficiencies. Find the effect(s) that sets the value for "blunt" i.e. stat 105. Leave the value alone, just change the proficiency to "spiked" i.e. 101.

57 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Okay, whatever, the point is, he needs to look at the effects applied to the character, not the old BG1 prof fields. Thanks for that chart though, it;s exactly what they need!

Effects are at the bottom of the .CRE sheet. You need to look for "233" which is the effect that sets proficiencies. Find the effect(s) that sets the value for "blunt" i.e. stat 105. Leave the value alone, just change the proficiency to "spiked" i.e. 101.

Thanks! However, that's exactly what I've been doing...and it shows no entry for that proficiency on the character sheet when I do this. I see the PROFICIENCY2WEAPON (114) and it has 3 stars and that shows on my character sheet. But nothing else. I change Blunt to PROFICIENCYFLAILMORNINGSTAR (101) with 3 value in Active Class (just like 2 weapon proficiency) and I get no listing on the character sheet at all. Nothing. If I change it back to PROFICIENCYCLUB (105) I still get no listing at all in my character sheet. Nothing. Just the 2 weapon proficiency is still there, unchanged.

Edited by TyrionBean
1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Aha! Never mind! Thank you to everyone, I've found it. The problem was this:

There already was an entry for spiked - at the bottom of CRE as you said. HOWEVER, 2 weapons and blunt were at the *top* of the effects in the CRE - I don't know why. But I found Spiked at the bottom. It's absolutely mind boggling as to why it wouldn't be grouped together, but it wasn't. Just scrolling down, I found that it had added an entire row down there instead of at the top. Your post signaled me towards that possibility. I was merely looking in the wrong place. I just tested it and all the pips showed correctly and were edited correctly.

Thank you again for all of your patience and I much appreciate it.