Jarl adventure pack for EE

Guest Morgoth

I deliberately didn't report (or closely track) the bugs I found because jastey said she wasn't working on it, I just discarded the bits that didn't work well and carried on with my next setup. I still enjoyed cannibalizing the bits that worked to fit in my overall install - similar to Mysteries of the Sword Coast, which has a mix of problematic and unproblematic parts too on EE.

@megrimlockThanks for your report.

Could I ask you your opinion about the Gervisse/Voltine quest extension? I'm working on overhauling the .tra file for that very component at the moment. The English translation there is pretty rough. I will submit it to jastey for review, once I am finished (and if she is interested in it, of course).

From the Read Me, and considering I have my own tweaks for some content, these are other components that sound interesting to me:

• Completely revised Scar quest in the Seven Suns with restored content.
  • Restored: Thieves in the Shop of Silence; additional dialogue options with Silence the fence.
  • Restored: Bentley reacts to Nashkel mines and bandit camp.
  • Restored: Encounter "Velvet and the cock fight".
  • New: New encounter in Safana's treasure cave (Lighthouse area).
  • New: Sorcerous Sundries: New characters and ambients.
  • New: Elfsong Tavern: New characters, new rumors, improved naming, trophy "The stuffed head of a Beholder" over the fireplace, new music after finishing the quest.
  • New: Extended Imoen encounter in Candlekeep.
  • New: Second appearance with Ender Sai (compatible with bg1re Ender Sai component).
  • New: Extended Tavern Guard System: Friendly Arm, Elfsong Tavern, and Blushing Mermaid Inn are "neutral grounds" where the PC will not be attacked by Flaming Fist soldiers. If thievery attempts fail, tavern guards will be spawned.
  • New: Temple services at the temple of Oghma in central Baldur's Gate.
  • New: Temple services at the temple of Ilmater om northeast of Baldur's Gate.
  • New: Temple services at the temple of Mask in Silence's Shop.

Do you have any comments about any of them?

Cheers!

Edited by Salk

The Scar/Seven Suns quest I played through a couple of times - it adds a few more doppelgangers and slighlty alters where Jhasso is. I had no issues with it and intend to keep it for future runs.

Extended Guard system/Elfsong Tavern/Sorcerous Sundries/Ender Sai: just flavour, no issues I noticed/recall.

Temple services: didn't check these.

Velvet/Cockfight: works fine.

Imoen in Candlekeep: forgot to take her. Will check next run.

Safana's treasure cave: something looked messed up here (to my entirely amateur eyes), I left it off my most recent install. I *think* that when I looked at the files in here in NearInfinity after installing the mod, the dialogue was corrupted (though it seems fine when viewed pre-install, suggesting that it is not interacting well with something else?). The same thing happened with the Husam storyline but as I say the main problem there was the secret door in the basement of Ducal Palace was borked.

Gervisse/Voltine I hadn't checked but I see this is one that YChap altered in his fork that JohnBob linked above.

Shop of Silence: don't recall exactly, but it caused some sort of issue for me that I dropped it after first install.

I should perhaps add a massive disclaimer for my reports of things not working, which is that I am generally running test installs where I am purposefully looking for things which are likely to break or not play nice together. For instance, in installs I have had JAP running I have also had other "unapproved" mods for EET like Mysteries of the Sword Coast, New Tales of the Sword Coast and the non-core bits of Eve of War running too, and given my lack of modding knowledge I am like a big kid smashing legos together sometimes. I get them to mostly play nice through perseverance, eg New Tales I translated through google then manually corrected all the syntax errors, which took ages. Then it all seemed to work well except one of the NPCs in New Tales is called Bernard, which royally screwed me when I got to the Copper Coronet later...

Edited by megrimlock
1 hour ago, megrimlock said:

The Scar/Seven Suns quest I played through a couple of times - it adds a few more doppelgangers and slighlty alters where Jhasso is. I had no issues with it and intend to keep it for future runs.

Just to make sure. that was on BG:EE?

Interestingly there is an old mod called "Area Patcher" (the russian forums arcanecoast still recommend it at the end of an EET build though I suspect it's from BWS originally), and one of the things it patches is Door 8100. Area 8100 is added by Arkhstuff, so this might confirm the problem with the door I mentioned. Area patcher does this:

BEGIN ~Fix Jarl's BGT Adventure Pack - JA#C05.ARE - Trigger 0 - Door8100~ DESIGNATED 3000 GROUP ~Jarl's BGT Adventure Pack~
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-area_patcher.tp2~ 0 ~You must install the core component first.~
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-ja#bgt_advpack.tp2~ 1) ~This component is needed only if you have installed Jarl's BGT Adventure Pack.~

COPY_EXISTING ~JA#C05.are~ ~override~

//LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~fj_are_structure~
    //    INT_VAR
    //    fj_delete = 1
    //    fj_delete_mode = 0
    //    STR_VAR
    //    fj_structure_type = region
    //    fj_name           = Door8100
    //  END

//  LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION  ~fj_are_structure~
    //    INT_VAR
    //    fj_type         = 2    //travel
    //    fj_box_left     = 415
    //    fj_box_top      = 336
    //    fj_box_right    = 536
    //    fj_box_bottom   = 443
    //    fj_cursor_idx   = 30   //door
    //    fj_vertex_0     = 415 + (375 << 16)
    //    fj_vertex_1     = 463 + (443 << 16)
    //    fj_vertex_2     = 536 + (401 << 16)
    //    fj_vertex_3     = 492 + (336 << 16)
    //    fj_loc_x      = 439
    //    fj_loc_y      = 383
    //    fj_info_point_strref = 0
    //    STR_VAR
    //    fj_structure_type   = region
    //    fj_name             = Door8100
    //    fj_destination_area = AR8100
    //    fj_destination_name = Frja#c05
    //  END

LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION  ALTER_AREA_REGION
      STR_VAR
      region_name         = ~Door8100~
      destination_area    = ~AR8100~
    END

BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Fairly indecipherable to me but no doubt means something to others here!

Edited by megrimlock
11 hours ago, megrimlock said:

Imoen/Candlekeep - Nothing triggered that I could see.

This one is supposed to work, but it's not very handy...

I think you have to go to places in a certain order...

Talk to Imoen next to Gorion, and an extra dialogue is triggered, then into the tavern with Winthrop, then stealing upstairs into the same tavern and another one perhaps...

But maybe it's in a different order, I can't remember.

Edited by JohnBob