ctb + spell_rev + iwdification

Hi,

I wanted to try install Check the bodies (main component only, v3). It seems it triggers an installation failure in iwdification arcane spell pack (v5), but only when spell revisions is also installed

BG2EE (2.6, linux) ctb v3 with spell rev HEAD and iwdification v5

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~CTB/SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies: 3.0
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #1 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4.19beta
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #1 #40 // Pack de sortileges divins d'IWD: v4

The relevant section of iwdification log (full log also attached)

[./override/SPWI240.spl] loaded, 250 bytes
override/SPWI240.spl copied to weidu_external/iwdification/backup/30/SPWI240.spl, 250 bytes
Copied [SPWI240.spl] to [override/SPWI240.spl]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [decasta.itm] not found in KEY file:
	[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

If I remove either ctb or spell_rev, everything works as intended.

setup-iwdification.debug.zip

I've just looked at CtB earlier today and I discovered that it uses static spell IDS indexes for it's spell additions (which is not how things are being run today, with ADD_SPELL assigning the first free spell index on it's own). That is the cause of your issue - SPWI240 is supposed to be Decastave in CtB.

I'll have to take a look to TDD(z) to see what spells do I need to check against (tldr - both CtB and SoS does this to play nicely with TDD), but I want to file a fix to CtB's spell handling in the next weeks.

Edited by Graion Dilach

It doesn't try touching existing spells, but introducing a few (ported from IWD mostly). Apparently, at one point, megamod compatibility worked in a way that modders agreed on a shared spell index list and hardcoded the indices for their spells. The code segments where these gets added are written with compat in mind... against TDD and RoT. Nowadays, we allow players to utilize the most out of them via using dynamic indexes through ADD_SPELL and the like with checking SPELLS.IDS for the spell's own name to prevent introducing duplicates.

The ideal solution would be to expose the CtB spellpack to a separate component akin how DSotSC-BGT/EET does it, but I'm not sure how integrated the mod's spells are. SoS only adds a Beltyn's Burning Blood and as the history of https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/Shadows_over_Soubar/pull/26 showcases, I am consistently underestimate the depth of this problem.