Khalid spawning dead in SoD

There is no Khalid in the SoD leg of an EET playthrough, but a dead body lying on the ground where I presume he must have been meant to spawn in the bridge fort. This is probably because I lost him early on in BG1 and left him dead. Is he essential to completing the game, and if so, can I fix this with C:CreateCreature?

After poking around I find some people have an issue with Khalid dying during a scripted event. Just want to clarify that that's not my issue. He never shows up to begin with and the initial dialogue with him that is apparently supposed to occur upon arrival in the fort doesn't happen. Never played SoD before so I am not sure how big a deal that is, but it seems like he is essential to some kind of plan to trick the crusaders into attacking the fort.
None of the Khalid variants, if spawned there, get me into the dialogue. DKHALID spawns as a corpse, which I think is the problem. KHALID7 does talk, but goes on about wanting spider silk to make a gift for Jaheira, which I think belongs in another chapter perhaps, and doesn't seem to say anything relevant to advancing the plot.
I can edit BD_BRIDGEFORT_PLOT in EEKeeper. It's currently set to 5. Does anyone know what the values mean? Alternatively, another way to get Khalid's dialogue?

Upon moving Khalid to Bridgefort exterior area, he should be ressourrected by script, so it's odd he stays dead for you.

You can make the script run again by setting

C:SetGlobal("bd_khal_spawn","bd2000",0)

in bd2000.are. The original Khalid would then be again moved to [2900.1310] and hopefully revived.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Upon moving Khalid to Bridgefort exterior area, he should be ressourrected by script, so it's odd he stays dead for you.

You can make the script run again by setting

C:SetGlobal("bd_khal_spawn","bd2000",0)

in bd2000.are. The original Khalid would then be again moved to [2900.1310] and hopefully revived.

Thanks! Unfortunately this doesn't do it though. There is still just a dead body where he's supposed to be.

Is this spawning DKHALID or DKHALID2? Perhaps I could edit those in EEKeeper to have more than 0 hit points and remove the permanent corpse flag.

I also infer from your answer that there really is no way to advance without his dialogue, correct?

Edit: Wait, isn't he supposed to appear in BD2100? That's where you arrive through the teleportation circle. Anyway changing 2000 to 2100 doesn't work either.

Edited by Rhastor
1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

Do you have a save game?If you're getting a dead Khalid, it's properly moving Khalid to the area but then failing when it applies a raise dead spell (bdresurr, which is followed by bdrejuve to heal) on him.

I do, but it zips to 1100 kB which is slightly too large to attach. How can I get it to you?

Tried doing it in parts but the website doesn't accept that either.

Anyway, is it possible to apply that resurrection through the console somehow? Or just to set flags to proceed with the attack or abandon the fort, which would be set by his dialogue?

Edited by Rhastor
3 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

What jastey has posted force it to replay the action that should result in his resurrection. If you have a bdresurr.spl in your override, could you post it?

No bdresurr.spl is in my override folder. Unfortunately what Jastey said didn't result in a live Khalid. If it helps at all, when I delete BD_BRIDGEFORT_PLOT (which is set to 5 in my save) Khalid's associate will say "Khalid, we have guests" if talked to, but there is still no Khalid there, and if I use C:CreateCreature("Khalid") a Khalid appears and then instantly disappears.

Here is a link to my save, which I uploaded on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MI2-PxQGYgebCWj4N3W7hoJRDTJ1b_LM/view?usp=sharing

OK, this seems to be an EET thing. EET adds checks to see if he's alive and doesn't resurrect him, checks which are not present in the bogstandard SoD. On the upside, I think I have a fix. Enter this command at the console while you're on the fort exterior (area bd2000):

C:Eval('MoveGlobal("bd2000","khalid",[2900.1310])')

and then

C:Eval('ApplySpellRES("bdresurr","khalid")')

Once he's alive, the normal scripting should fire and assign the correct dialogue and stuff.

Edited by CamDawg
8 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

OK, this seems to be an EET thing. EET adds checks to see if he's alive and doesn't resurrect him, checks which are not present in the bogstandard SoD. On the upside, I think I have a fix. Enter this command at the console while you're on the fort exterior (area bd2000):

C:Eval('MoveGlobal("bd2000","khalid",[2900.1310])')

and then

C:Eval('ApplySpellRES("bdresurr","khalid")')

Once he's alive, the normal scripting should fire and assign the correct dialogue and stuff.

This is amazing. It did put a Khalid on the roof, and he has dialogue options to continue the game. I'm in awe of your magic. Thanks.

14 hours ago, CamDawg said:

Nah, just helps having a few spare copies of the game sitting around. Hope it goes well from here.

Just to follow up on this, I did some testing and won the battle both after resurrecting Khalid and forming a plan with the Flaming Fist, and in a version where he was never resurrected. It turns out that the Flaming Fist shows up either way and the exact same sequence occurs - even if you didn't tell them to attack - so perhaps Khalid doesn't need to exist after all! Although, for EET to make sense with the Khalid-is-dead variant, some dialogues referencing him obviously need to be edited. In my playthrough I decided to sue for peace, which is not possible without him.