Tactics Remix

Guest morpheus562

There certainly is plenty of interest (at least from me) to see some of those original fights improved! Especially:

- Irenicus

- Bodhi

- Twisted Rune

I would also suggest some of the following as possible improvements too:

- Drizzt party (they’re laughable by the time you come out of underdark, and the best part is hes optional!)

- Heart key guardians

- Nyalee in Forest of Mir

- Most, if not all Bhaalspawn fights in TOB

Looking forward to seeing the finished product regardless!

Edited by Ragnarok qt

Another comment I’d make is maybe the obscene amount of loot from Ritual.

I usually abstain from looting anything from that mod component as it’s one of the ones that distort gold balance the most in late SoA, which I enjoy especially with all the item upgrades available from other popular mods! 

Looking forward to this anyway, it all sounds very exciting! 

By the time the player is able to beat The Ritual (Wes called it the toughest fight he ever made, didn't he?), they are either in tob where +3 items drop like candy so gold is meaningless, they are deep in soa with a bunch of mods that add more loot so gold is meaningless, or they are cheesing so hard that stealing and reselling to a fence is just the beginning of their abuse. It's good to pay attention to, but I doubt it's worth a whole lot of time frankly.

I would like to request that tactics maevar be considered for inclusion. That was always a fun fight for me, and the current scs version is rather anemic compared to the other stronghold final fights

The ritual really isn’t that hard. I usually attempt it after under dark, at which point you’re op, yes, but you also still wanna think about what you’re spending gold on, due to the many places there are to spend it (especially modded).

It’s even pretty easy without cheesing, so disagree on what was written, but that said, I suppose all it would take is just removing most of the dropped items, or random items you are given before the ritual itself…

Edited by Ragnarok qt

Hello!

Is there going to be an update of this mod in the next month or so?

I too hope that Improved Mae'Var part of the old Tactics mod will be included for the next version of the patch.

I see on github there is an alpha 0.2 version of the mod. Is it finished? Or is it work on progress?

1 hour ago, morpheus562 said:

I just had a new baby, so this mod has taken the back burner. Ai takes time to go through, write, and test, and I frankly haven't had the time to do these. Once time becomes available I will be going full steam ahead to get more components available. I did what I could to get the net new fights created and tested, now it's improvement of existing fights.

Congratulations are in order for your newborn baby!

And thank you for your quick response, guess I will not delay the start of my new run on BG2EE!