Tactics Remix

I have updated the Guarded Compound, and it should also be ready for testing. This is compatible with or without SCS installed.

Please Note: This is a pre-alpha release. I appreciate any and all feedback received for those who which to test these encounters. Thank you!

Edited by morpheus562

Twisted Rune is next and ready for testing. Notably, Revanek is beefed up with unique items (same as those assigned from Forgotten Armament), and he is given the Wizard Slayer kit. This will get infinitely more nasty with my Wizard Slayer Enhancements (Skills and Abilities) and EEex as each hit will then have a 10% chance of dispel while bypassing PfMW and the like.

Please Note: This is a pre-alpha release. All of these scripts are completely rebuilt from the ground up, so I appreciate any and all feedback received for those who which to test these encounters. Thank you!

Edited by morpheus562

Hello,

I was notified about an error for Tactics Remix

[tactics-remix/baf/solak1.baf.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 234 column 1-59 Near Text: ) [CheckSpellState] argument [SHIELD_OF_LATHANDER] not found in [splstate.IDS]

Gonna post about enhanced powergamming too...

Just now, JohnBob said:

Hello,

I was notified about an error for Tactics Remix

[tactics-remix/baf/solak1.baf.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 234 column 1-59 Near Text: ) [CheckSpellState] argument [SHIELD_OF_LATHANDER] not found in [splstate.IDS]

Gonna post about enhanced powergamming too...

Yes, I identified and have it corrected in the next release. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Guest Aroc said:

Hello there, any chance to include Improved Ilyich in your project?

Many thanks for your efforts morpheus!

Honestly, this is one of the components I'm not very interested in converting simply because it's always come across to me as more of a joke/meme for getting as absurdly difficult as possible. I'm not saying I won't do it in the future, but I'm just being realistic in how I see it.

On 3/10/2023 at 6:22 AM, xscott71x said:

Hello there..

One of my favorite components of the OG Tactics was the Fighter Archer kit. Do you have plans to revive this kit in a future release?

Thanks!

My apologies, I thought I responded to this awhile ago. No, I do not have an intention of bringing any of the kits over. There are currently so many new Archer kits and tweaks that I'd recommend going with any of the myriad of other options.

Official release for version 0.2-alpha which brings the following enhancements:

• Added Gebhard Blucher's Improved Demon Knights.
  • Added Kensai Ryu's Tougher Kangaxx and Guardians.
  • Added Morpheus562's Improved Drizzt (BGEE).
  • Added component to increase all enemy hit points.
  • Removed bug from Lich in the Docks that continued to spawn enemies after the lich was defeated.
  • Cam updates to items.
  • Remove cheese from Fallowmist.
  • Corrected bug where I accidentally used the same item file name across mods.
  • Added French translation courtesy of JohnBob.
  • Organized baf file structure.
On 3/29/2023 at 7:07 PM, morpheus562 said:

Honestly, this is one of the components I'm not very interested in converting simply because it's always come across to me as more of a joke/meme for getting as absurdly difficult as possible. I'm not saying I won't do it in the future, but I'm just being realistic in how I see it.

Aww, I'll add my vote for this one regardless :D Yes, it's ridiculous, but it was also one of the most memorable challenges for me way back when!

I'm actually super hyped for this mod overall, you seem to be introducing many cool fixes and balance changes. I was thinking of starting a playthrough sooner rather than later, but I will wait for it.

Do you know, perhaps, if I could start a Trilogy run with this mod installed and then update it before I move to BG2, without issues? Or does the install have to be untouched after starting a new game in BG1?

6 minutes ago, Aryene said:

Aww, I'll add my vote for this one regardless :D Yes, it's ridiculous, but it was also one of the most memorable challenges for me way back when!

I'm actually super hyped for this mod overall, you seem to be introducing many cool fixes and balance changes. I was thinking of starting a playthrough sooner rather than later, but I will wait for it.

Do you know, perhaps, if I could start a Trilogy run with this mod installed and then update it before I move to BG2, without issues? Or does the install have to be untouched after starting a new game in BG1?

Some parts of Tactics will be installed prior to SCS while others after. If you try to reinstall any component, then all components after it will also be uninstalled and reinstalled which can cause issues. My advice when it comes to most mods is to not do reinstalls during the course of a game.

45 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Some parts of Tactics will be installed prior to SCS while others after. If you try to reinstall any component, then all components after it will also be uninstalled and reinstalled which can cause issues. My advice when it comes to most mods is to not do reinstalls during the course of a game.

Alright then, I'll be over there in the corner cheering you on in this endeavor for a time being ;)