Ahungry Tweaks (couple small ones - +APR balancing, remove backstab/timestop immunity from creatures)

Added a new component to mod to "rescue" botched installs that end up with unkillable trolls (from what I tend to reproduce, SCS at start of order with a lot of mods after can re-create the scenario). 

It will go through each creature it believes is a troll (by finding the trollimm or trollreg items) and remove their monhp1/minhp1 items, letting them be killed with brute force or ctrl+Y (for instance, in my current setup, this was necessary because the sleep/prone condition wouldn't trigger on the troll, nor would they die after being hit with the proper damage).

Obviously this takes away some of the challenge because you could ignore the fire/acid damage req. to kill them, but it's better (imo) than an unplayable install.

I would like to sometime do a more comprehensive end of order troll sanity check that confirms/sets the basic conditions for a killable troll (prone check, damage check, etc.)

16 hours ago, ahungry said:

@polytopenot sure if the final "nerf" question was for @subtledoctoror myself (I think SD, but I'll reply if it were towards this mod) - this mod component just aims to balance crazy outliers (weapons beyond a 1 APR bonus) - it wouldn't aim to just nerf damage in general, or monks specifically.  I don't think vanilla game has any that exceed 1 APR bonus (some may have flat APR settings like ranged weaponry, those are untouched). 

Most (perhaps not all, as SD alludes to) mod added gear that goes to 2 or higher APR bonus on a single item is just a ridiculous item 99% of the time, so this makes them more reasonable (imo).

I was asking subtledoctor, what I meant was that reducing monk base fist damage and raising APR may actually increase a monk's damage output if they are allowed strength bonuses + gauntlet bonuses.

As for patching items, the undropable natural attack items used by many creatures are classed as item type 0 - miscellaneous (0x001c in the header) and hence would be unequippable by player characters even if these weren't already undropable. I'd suggest that any APR adjusting item with either the undroppable flag in it's base file or categorized as misc should be skipped as those clearly exist to boost a monster's APR (some enemies like mariliths really should have many attacks per the source material) and can't be utilized by the party.

Edited by polytope

Getting an error when installing the "Creatures: Apply adjustments?" component. Using only the backstab immunity removal.

This on a BG1 install:

//ERROR: cannot convert remove_backstab_imm or %remove_backstab_imm% to an integer
//ERROR: [#ISHY.CRE] -> [override/#ISHY.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

And this on a BG2 install:

//ERROR: cannot convert remove_backstab_imm or %remove_backstab_imm% to an integer
//ERROR: [0XAL2DG.CRE] -> [override/0XAL2DG.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Those files come from Ishlilka and Tales of the Deep Garden, but the notable thing is that both are also the very first CRE files in each override folder by alphabetical order.