Morpheus562's Kitpack

36 minutes ago, Satrhan said:

For what it's worth, I noticed that Artisan was able to reduce the number of spells for his Pale master kit. Seems to work fine when I applied it to the Eldrich Scion.

Probably a kit ability that applies -N spell slots at each level. The effect that items use to grant extra spell slots can take negative values.

It's just the Dragon Disciple specifically that uses a different method.

Edited by jmerry
Quote added due to page transition

I am a bit confused regarding the proper way to install and use the Archmage prestige kit.  I tried installing it on BGEE, but the kit option is not showing up during character creation. I tried it with a human, half-elf and elf, but archmage does not show up as a kit option for any race. I know that the kit's abilities don't take effect until level 18, but based on earlier discussions in this topic, I thought we needed to select the kit in BGEE in order to have it import into BG2EE properly.  Weidu log attached if needed.  

WeiDU.log

You need to be a pure, un-specialized mage that is not dual or multi-classed. Once you reach the level and other requirements you will be given a dialogue to choose to become an archmage. The reason to install this on bgee is to ensure the kits have the correct ids when you import over to bg2ee. You will not become an archmage during normal course of play in bgee.

5 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

You need to be a pure, un-specialized mage that is not dual or multi-classed. Once you reach the level and other requirements you will be given a dialogue to choose to become an archmage. The reason to install this on bgee is to ensure the kits have the correct ids when you import over to bg2ee. You will not become an archmage during normal course of play in bgee.

I get that, but should the option to select the archmage kit show up in character creation? Or, do we just select mage with the requisite stats, never dual class and import that character and the same kit mods to BG2EE and that dialogue triggers at level 18? 

ERROR: cannot convert PROFICIENCYSPEAR or %PROFICIENCYSPEAR% to an integer
ERROR: [jaheir.cre] -> [override/jaheir.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Install Stormlord Multiclass Kit for Fighter/Druids -> Assign kit to Jaheira (Spear Focus)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 581 files for [MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK/MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK.TP2] component 1101.
Uninstalled    581 files for [MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK/MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK.TP2] component 1101.
ERROR: Not_found
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK.DEBUG and look for support at: morpheus562
Using Language [English]

Install Component [Install Stormlord Multiclass Kit for Fighter/Druids]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
 1] Assign kit to Jaheira (Spear Focus)
 2] Assign kit to Jaheira (Throwing Axe Focus)
 3] Do NOT assign kit to Jaheira

SETUP-MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK.zip

Looks like an install order issue. For your order, I recommend installing this between BGQE and STRATAGEMS. The reason the error is being thrown is you use my Skills and Abilities Proficiency Overhaul component which reorders the prof numbers. The error occurs because it is trying to alter the old prof number and doesn't register it has been moved.

Edited by morpheus562

Hey,

does the component More Meaningful Stat Bonuses (Two-handed attacks receive one and a half times the Strength damage bonus, rounded down).

touch the way Strength works, or the way the two handed weapon ability style work? Because I would like to pair it with Subtledoctor mod "more meaningful stat bonus" that adds his own bonus to STRength value.

15 minutes ago, Morgoth said:

Hey,

does the component More Meaningful Stat Bonuses (Two-handed attacks receive one and a half times the Strength damage bonus, rounded down).

touch the way Strength works, or the way the two handed weapon ability style work? Because I would like to pair it with Subtledoctor mod "more meaningful stat bonus" that adds his own bonus to STRength value.

The component you're referring to is in my Skills and Abilities mod while this mod thread is solely for my kit mod. 

The component you're referencing assumes vanilla style STR values or the changes in values from ToF. It will not provide accurate updates with @subtledoctor STR changes, at this time. This component does not touch how any proficiencies work or how STR itself works, and it updates the base items if they are 2h weapons. I'm happy to take a look at Doc's mod and see how the STR values are different from vanilla and add compatibility between the two mods, but it may be a little bit before I get a chance to do that.

Edited by morpheus562
5 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

happy to take a look at Doc's mod and see how the STR values are different from vanilla

Mostly it drags some of the bonuses in the 18/xx range down to lower scores, and largely eliminates the different steps within 18/xx. You can see the bonuses in the first table in this Readme.

EDIT - and I guess it reduces by 2 the overall damage bonuses at 18 and above. 

Edited by subtledoctor