1 minute ago, Frenzgyn said:

Probably isolated an odd issue to the "Eldritch Scion" component:

Once installed all the helms become not usable by: 
"Monk"
"Thief"
"Mage/Thief"
"Kensai"

so, mages and bards could use them.

I'm confused by your wording? They become not usable and mages/bards can now use them?

Yes: Mages, Bards and all Sorcerers (not just the Scion)* can wear helms, Mage/Thief (tested with Imoen in SoA) can't.

EDIT:
*: Missed that for Sorcerers is intended, nonetheless for Mages and Bards (kitted and unkitted) shouldn't.

Edited by Frenzgyn

It's because the item usability systems in the game only point one way; you can prevent a category of characters from using an item that they otherwise could, but you can't go the other way and enable an item for a category of characters that could otherwise use it. So if you have a sorcerer kit that can wear helmets, you have to enable helmets for sorcerers in general, and also mages since they share the same usability bit. Then , if you want to avoid side effects from your change, you can layer on effects in another system (opcode 319) to re-disable the helmets for mages. Re-disabling them for other sorcerers is even more complicated; you can catch the other kits easily enough, but unkitted sorcerers would need a two-stage effect so you weren't also disabling them for unkitted fighter/clerics and the like.

This "enable via usability bits, then disable via opcode 319" setup is used extensively by druids and shamans; the druid bit is the same as the shaman bit, but the actual items allowed are significantly different. So axes have op319 effects to ban them for druids, and scimitars have op319 effects to ban them for shamans.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:00 AM, morpheus562 said:

Thank you, but please note that is not released code yet.

Thanks, I am aware is the in-development branch, for now I am using it just for testing purposes to find a suitable load order in a quite big EET install.

Anyway, I am afraid that the issue with Eldritch Scion is more complex to fix, as jmerry suggested. Doublechecked in game and noticed that ALL Mages (kitted or not) can also use chain mail, splint armor and all the new E. scion's permitted weapons.

Just now, Frenzgyn said:

Thanks, I am aware is the in-development branch, for now I am using it just for testing purposes to find a suitable load order in a quite big EET install.

Anyway, I am afraid that the issue with Eldritch Scion is more complex to fix, as jmerry suggested. Doublechecked in game and noticed that ALL Mages (kitted or not) can also use chain mail, splint armor and all the new E. scion's permitted weapons.

Correct, and that is going to be the endstate behavior due to system limitations. No more fixing can be done.

A lot of work and rework has been done with the Death Knight kit, and so far all of the below is functional and works. This has bounced from being a net new fighter kit to blackguard overhaul back to fighter kit.

DEATH KNIGHT: Death Knights engage their foes up-close, supplementing swings of their weapons with dark magic that renders enemies vulnerable or damages them with unholy power. They drag foes into one-on-one conflicts and often gird themselves in heavy armor. Death Knight talents can bolster their defensive abilities by focusing on their ability to heal themselves, increase their damage and spell attacks, or summon forth minions and diseases.

Advantages:
– May use the Absorb Health ability once per day.

ABSORB HEALTH: Deals 2 points of damage per level to an enemy, healing the Death Knight the same number of Hit Points.

– 2nd Level: Death Knights develop a personal connection with their melee weapon and can forge runes into them in order to increase their power. Only one rune may be active at any time.

RUNE OF SWORDSHATTERING: Each hit has a 20% chance of bestowing a -10% cumulative reduction in the target's physical damage resistance that lasts for 2 rounds.

RUNE OF RAZORICE: Each hit has a 20% chance of lowering the target's cold resistance by 10% for 2 rounds and dealing 1d6 cold damage.

RUNE OF THE FALLEN CRUSADER: Each hit has a 20% chance of healing the Death Knight for 10 Hit Points and increasing the Death Knight's strength by 1 for 2 rounds. The strength increase is not cumulative.

– 6th Level: May cast Lichborne once per day and gains an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.

LICHBORNE: Drawing upon unholy energy, the Death Knight becomes immune to Charm, Fear, Sleep, Level Drain, and Imprisonment for 1 turn.

– 9th Level: May select the Blood Presence, Frost Presence, or Unholy Presence modal abilities. Only one presence may be activated at any time.

BLOOD PRESENCE: Strengthens the Death Knight with the presence of blood, increasing damage by 15% and each hit drains 2 Hit Points from the target and transfers it to the Death Knight. This will not heal beyond the Death Knight's maximum Hit Points.

FROST PRESENCE: Hardens the Death Knight with frozen resolve, increasing max Hit Points by 10%, +2 bonus to Armor Class, and increase physical damage resistance by 10%.

UNHOLY PRESENCE: Infuses the Death Knight with unholy fury increasing APR by 0.5 and movement by 2.

– 12th Level: May summon a Dancing Rune Weapon once per day.

DANCING RUNE WEAPON: The Death Knight summons forth a runic sword that acts as a +4 weapon in all respects and deals 5d4 damage upon hitting a target. Once summoned, the runic sword will float in the air completely under the Death Knight's control for 1 Turn. This does not prevent the Death Knight from doing any other actions during the spell's duration.

– 15th Level: May cast Unholy Blight once per day and gains an additional use every 5 levels thereafter.

UNHOLY BLIGHT: Surrounds all enemies within a 15-ft. radius of the Death Knight with a vile swarm of insects for two rounds. Those affected suffer two points of piercing damage per second.

– 18th Level: May cast Raise Ally once per day.

RAISE ALLY: Returns a character back to life and also heals the character to 60% of their max health so that they are ready for the adventuring life.

– 21st Level: Gains the Killing Machine passive ability.

KILLING MACHINE: When the Death Knight slays an opponent, his critical hit chance for all melee attacks increases by +10% for two rounds. This ability does not stack with itself.

Disadvantages:
– May not exceed Specialization (two slots) in any melee weapon.
– May not exceed Proficient (one slot) in any ranged weapon.
– Alignment restricted to evil.
– May not dual class.

Edited by morpheus562

Hi Morpheus, I was running a quick test with the Scion, and I noticed it can cast too many spells. I created a new Scion in BG2 (no other mods installed). You start at level 7 and should be able to cast 6/6/4 spells. However, it is 7/7/5. Could it be that the game is recognizing there is a kit present, and like a mage it therefor gets an extra spell per level?

We talked about this kit before when it was still part of skills and abilities. Back then you intended it to have one fewer cast per day, but that didn't work so you removed that part of the description. Don't recall if it actually had the 'extra' cast back then too. 

IIRC only the dragon disciple actually has the reduced spell casting, and it is hard-coded. Just wondering, if someone rewrote the actual DD kit into something else, like say a Scion, would that work as a way to get a sorcerer kit with reduced spell casting? Or would you run into other (hard-coded) issues?

All mage and sorcerer kits other than "generalist"/"base class" automatically get +1 spells per day at each level. This is hard coded.

The Dragon Disciple counters this by reading its spells per day from a different table, MXSPLDD.2DA instead of MXSPLSRC.2DA. I'm not familiar with how that kit gets pointed to that table, but the values in MXSPLDD are 2 less than those in MXSPLSRC, leading to one fewer spell per day at each level for the Dragon Disciple.