How to remove portrait icon for Stun?

Using NI, I've created a spell for IWD:EE which causes stun using opcode "Stun (45)". I created another spell which is supposed to remove the portrait icon for stun but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried both opcodes "Remove portrait icon (240)" and "Prevent portrait icon (169)" but the stun icon is always present until the duration.

Any advice?

The answer to "why doesn't an opcode do X" is pretty much that the devs never intended for it to be used that way. And yeah, I can confirm that op45 has no Special field functionality; it will continuously apply STATDESC.2DA["BAM_FILE", 55] while the target is alive.

Edit: And I don't think you can clear that cell to remove the icon. The engine falls back to [STATES.BAM, sequence=row+65, frame=0] when it encounters a default value.

Edited by Bubb

Note that many stun effects have a #142 : display portrait icon - stun tacked on, it's unnecessary as the portrait icon is automatically displayed as part of the opcode, as others have said.

Also, generally speaking with opcodes that trigger an associated string, icon or other secondary effect (such as the brief glow from #175), immunity to the string, icon or whatever is usually disregarded.