kjeron's "Dual-to-Kit" mod

Anyone know if it's possible to change a kit's proficiency selection after this is installed? When I look at the mod it is a bunch of LUA stuff which is gibberish to me.

It seems like the mod:

1. reads the data from weapprof.2da
  2. builds modified level-up UI screens with the proficiency limits based on the .2da table
  3. overwrites the .2da table with all 7s

So... seems to me the data for each kit's proficiency limits have to be recorded somewhere as the  level-up screen is rendered, right? Is that  something we can access and change?

(Context: I stupidly installed Dual-to-Kit before A7_TextureConvert on a major modded install, and didn't realize one kit's profs were unnecessarily restricted. Simply reinstalling the mod would mean re-doing the TextureConvert again, which is an overnight affair and potentially prone to hiccups that could threaten the stability of the install. (A7_TextureConvert makes my laptop chug so hard that the battery gets drained even when plugged in.))

EDIT - actually I have a copy of the install pre-TextureConvert... so I could theoretically uninstall Dual-to-Kit in that folder, fix the proficiencies in weapprof.2da, and then reinstall Dual-to_Kit. And then transfer the relevant files from there over to my iPad? But this raises the question: which are the relevant files that would need moving? UI.menu?

Edited by subtledoctor

Okay I'll answer my own question -

The data is in M_kitprf.lua. It shows all kits separated by class, and listed by their kitlist index numbers.

Sorry for the waste of space here, but sometimes it takes writing out a question for the mind to be able to focus on finding the answer. And maybe someone else will have this question, and this little thread  can provide them with the answer.

Cheers

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, Graion Dilach said:

I'll put another note in then - weapprof.2da is only touched when you throw in the kit-to-kit option. If one only installs the mod for trueclass->kit, then weapprof.2da edits after it will be picked up.

Not to be pedantic, but I don't think it is the kit-to-kit option that does this. Rather, it is the "give kits their proper weapon selection after dualling" option.

If the GUI LeUI from @lefreut https://github.com/r-e-d/LeUI/releases is installed along with Dual-to-kit mod,  the weapon proficiency selection window is completely messy (when creating or levelling-up a character). I don't know if it has further impact on the game making those two mods not compatible at the moment ? 

The problem occurs whether or not the third component "give kits their proper weapon selection after dualling" is installed.

Any idea ?

Edited by Mordekaie

Messy how?

Also, in what order did you install the two mods? Installing LeUI after Dual-to-Kit will certainly not work. Big UI overhauls should be installed at the beginning of the order.

Does LeUI include that one tweak about showing proficiency limits? That is probably not compatible with the Dual-to-Kit mod.

More generally, from reading Kjeron's threads about the mod, my understanding is that it involves some UI modifications to enable kits in the dual-class screens, and to enable dualled kits to choose proficiencies. Any UI mod may, or may not, alter UI.menu so much that the Dual-to-Kit UI changes fail in some way.

Personally I've been using a small selection of individual UI tweaks from LeFreut's EEUITweaks (better record screen, better inventory screen, better journal, better portrait picker) alongside Dual-to-Kit and they work fine. I think certain components of EEUITweaks - and therefore certain parts of the overall LeUI overhaul - are probably not compatible with Dual-to-Kit.

5 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Messy how?

Also, in what order did you install the two mods? Installing LeUI after Dual-to-Kit will certainly not work. Big UI overhauls should be installed at the beginning of the order.

Does LeUI include that one tweak about showing proficiency limits? That is probably not compatible with the Dual-to-Kit mod.

More generally, from reading Kjeron's threads about the mod, my understanding is that it involves some UI modifications to enable kits in the dual-class screens, and to enable dualled kits to choose proficiencies. Any UI mod may, or may not, alter UI.menu so much that the Dual-to-Kit UI changes fail in some way.

Personally I've been using a small selection of individual UI tweaks from LeFreut's EEUITweaks (better record screen, better inventory screen, better journal, better portrait picker) alongside Dual-to-Kit and they work fine. I think certain components of EEUITweaks - and therefore certain parts of the overall LeUI overhaul - are probably not compatible with Dual-to-Kit.

I did some testing on BG2EE 2.6.6, with LeUI 4.6 installed before Dual-to-kit 0.35 (with no other mods).

I take one example: creation of a berserker human at the beginning of BG2

-  if i start by giving 4 points in long sword (or any weapon), then any point given to a weapon style (like two weapon style) doesn't appear on the weapon proficiency window, and the point seems to be lost (it is not possible to undo as usual).

- If instead you start by giving points to a weapon style, you can give up to 4 points in that style (which is impossible).

- I went also into other messy things (when levelling-up) like : you give a point to one weapon and the point is given to the next weapon

Nb : The component "showing proficiency limits" is part of the mod  EEUITweaks, not LeUI.