Xephistagoras unkillable?

Doing an EET playthrough with Sandrah.  In SoA, just got back from Underdark, and sent on quest up north.  Came back after completion and Called to Elminster where told that Mystra has been kidnapped by a powerful sorceror (Xephistagoras).  Note I have never gotten this far with a Sandrah playthrough so not familiar with this questline...   So, group is sent to fight Xeph - very tough fight but I finally survived and thus have Charname, Sanrah and Imoen all whacking away on him for 10+ min.  All his buffs have run out that I can see, and he is not casting any more spells.  Yet he will not die.  Tons of HITS but nothing does damage.  Tried +5 weapon (I have one axe), Magic spells, nonMagic weapons, pets, etc.  Nothing does damage to him.  I picked up Mystra's Bust off of the container in the ground, but it seems to be un-useable as a weapon or potion, nor it is wearable.  I have tried speaking with Mystra, no go.  I have tried leaving the room, no go.  Seems I am stuck... and no clue even what add-on I am working through or if this is part of the Sandrah Saga (my belief).  In my reading of Adventurer_Journal_Eroan's Journey he discussed this battle but simply says after he (Xeph) fell, Sandrah and her goddess had a conversation about the events.  So, in the end, I <control>Y'd and killed Xeph and then Sandrah had the conversation with her goddess.  Long and short, I suspect a bug and thought I would report it.  

Thanks!

As I was reading your post, I immediately thought "try ctrl-y - if the creature is truly invincible, they'll have the min-hp opcode on their creature file or an item and the ctrl-y will fail". 

Sounds like you figured it out - if you wanted to explore in the futurea similar mod issue, ctrl-m on the enemy to get some general debug info, including the creature file name (for instance, if you say "TROL01" you would find it's info in "override/trol01.cre" most likely) - at this point, you can try to find this file or resource reference in your installed files (on GNU/Linux, find and grep work well - on Windows, there are probably some explorer features that do similar) - that'll tend to greatly speed up your search for a maintainer of a given mod (knowing which mod it is).

If you try out the NearInfinity software, it'll also let you open and view these files (making it easy to confirm which effects are applied) - it's a good way to dip your toes into the world of modding and look behind the curtain of how the sausage is made.

Edited by ahungry
8 minutes ago, ahungry said:

As I was reading your post, I immediately thought "try ctrl-y - if the creature is truly invincible, they'll have the min-hp opcode on their creature file or an item and the ctrl-y will fail)".

Yeah, iirc Ctrl+Y applies massive damage of every non-physical type in addition to the kill target (13) opcode. If it works to kill an "indestructible" creature they must have been either vulnerable to at least one damage type or to instadeath effects, so perhaps it's not a bug but intended design of that battle that you play around and find out the weakness. Disclaimer, I know nothing about this mod.