Difference between ApplySpell, ForceSpell, ForceSpellRES and ReallyForceSpell?

ApplySpell action is different to ReallyForceSpell() because it doesn't cause the creature whose script called it to face their target i.e. it seems to come from out of the blue (and doesn't have an associated caster level, as IESDP notes). Useful in cutscene type setups.

Surely you've noticed that ForceSpell() respects original casting time (although uninterruptible) and doesn't take place during Time Stops, this is actually useful on original BG2 engine if you want to make certain a creature isn't acting during a Time Stop, ForceSpell() - cosmetic - before any ReallyForceSpell() actions in its scripting blocks.

1 hour ago, lynx said:

Thank you, I have bookmarked this page for future reference!

1 hour ago, polytope said:

ApplySpell action is different to ReallyForceSpell() because it doesn't cause the creature whose script called it to face their target i.e. it seems to come from out of the blue (and doesn't have an associated caster level, as IESDP notes). Useful in cutscene type setups.

Surely you've noticed that ForceSpell() respects original casting time (although uninterruptible) and doesn't take place during Time Stops, this is actually useful on original BG2 engine if you want to make certain a creature isn't acting during a Time Stop, ForceSpell() - cosmetic - before any ReallyForceSpell() actions in its scripting blocks.

I had noticed that some spells using Force were not able to be interrupted and those without were. The main thing I was unsure if the level of the caster would affect the spell, for example a Mirror Image on a low level caster having ApplySpell vs a high level caster. 

1 hour ago, Moonboy187 said:

I had noticed that some spells using Force were not able to be interrupted and those without were. The main thing I was unsure if the level of the caster would affect the spell, for example a Mirror Image on a low level caster having ApplySpell vs a high level caster. 

Uninterruptible by anything except disabling effects or death and also can be called in the same round that the creature takes another action like using a potion or inventory item or casting a spell normally.

As for ApplySpell(), you can also use ActionOverride() if you want a creature other than the one performing the scripted action to cast at its own level. As in the Limited Wish dialogue:

ActionOverride(LastTalkedToBy,ReallyForceSpell(Myself,WISH_HEAL_PARTY))

Not that caster level matters in that specific case.